World's largest employers

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 1:58:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.daytradingshares.com...

Not really surprised by most of these, but #4?!?!

How many people are there in Britain? That's a massive number of people that are employed for health services, and when you put in the context of the entire world, that is to say, it's not a multinational corporation that can claim employees with significant numbers across the world, but rather all on that island. Just amazing.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 2:00:50 PM
I imagine short waits at the doctor's office (I.E. probably your neighbor's house).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 2:04:08 PM
Lol, and that leviathan is immune from budget woes by campaign promise.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 2:55:51 PM
You wonder how something like this could happen, well not really, but i find this information staggering when considering the size of the country and it's population.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 3:07:07 PM
Apparently the NHS is also one of the most efficient health care systems in the world too, which is somewhat troubling for a libertarian perspective. It's certainly far better than American healthcare.

http://image.guardian.co.uk...
http://www.guardian.co.uk...
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 10:09:07 PM
At 8/15/2011 2:55:51 PM, innomen wrote:
You wonder how something like this could happen, well not really, but i find this information staggering when considering the size of the country and it's population.

Goes to show you how messed up the USA is.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 6:19:54 AM
British people are the fattest in Europe and we need a health service that big to cope with all the health problems caused by obesity.

I smoke and I drink but I pay for the extra financial burden this may place on the National Health Service (NHS) through the huge duties that the Government levy on tobacco and alcohol - but the obese are more of a financial burden on the NHS than smokers and drinkers put together, but where is the duty on fast food, sugary drinks and confectionary?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 5:28:14 PM
At 8/26/2011 9:35:10 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 8/26/2011 8:39:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Number 18 is the actual number 1.

Is that like, some mathematical trick?

No, they put militaries at the end of the list for some reason, even when they employed more. Look at the numbers they give.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 5:46:33 AM
At 8/25/2011 6:19:54 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
British people are the fattest in Europe and we need a health service that big to cope with all the health problems caused by obesity.

I smoke and I drink but I pay for the extra financial burden this may place on the National Health Service (NHS) through the huge duties that the Government levy on tobacco and alcohol - but the obese are more of a financial burden on the NHS than smokers and drinkers put together, but where is the duty on fast food, sugary drinks and confectionary?

I don't agree with this. Fat people die younger, with less long term complications, and thus cost the medical system less in keeping them alive, and they also won't be collecting any old age benefits like social security, a major benefit to the social system. I think you would find that fat people are a net benefit to the economy, as are smokers - but a little less so since they typically die of cancer which is costly.
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 6:31:24 AM
At 9/11/2011 5:46:33 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/25/2011 6:19:54 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

I don't agree with this. Fat people die younger, with less long term complications, and thus cost the medical system less in keeping them alive, and they also won't be collecting any old age benefits like social security, a major benefit to the social system. I think you would find that fat people are a net benefit to the economy, as are smokers - but a little less so since they typically die of cancer which is costly.

Smokers cost the NHS about £2.7 billion, while paying about £11.1 billion in tax.