Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

How long do sprained ankles take to heal?

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 2:30:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I twisted my ankle in a soccer game. I came back after about 2 and a half weeks. (might have been 3 and 1/2), but I could never bend my ankle properly and it hurt every game afterwards. Now it's been more than a month and a half and I still can't get normal movement. I'm just wandering if I'll have to wear a brase(how do u spell that) for the rest of my life as I know some people do.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 8:39:16 PM
At 11/14/2011 2:30:47 PM, phantom wrote:
So I twisted my ankle in a soccer game. I came back after about 2 and a half weeks. (might have been 3 and 1/2), but I could never bend my ankle properly and it hurt every game afterwards. Now it's been more than a month and a half and I still can't get normal movement. I'm just wandering if I'll have to wear a brase(how do u spell that) for the rest of my life as I know some people do.

I fell off the back of a motorcycle and twisted both of my ankles and it took 3 years before they were back to normal. I could walk but couldn't run, they would just give out and re injure. It does depend on how badly and in what direction it was twisted. I bent mine strait back "Toes towards my shins" It could take years or never in the case of athletics and re injury. If you are feeling pain you are re injuring. There is nothing that can be done other than avoiding re injury and acknowledging the pain signs. You may have to quit sports for awhile or even years.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 9:05:34 PM
At 11/20/2011 8:39:16 PM, sadolite wrote:

I fell off the back of a motorcycle and twisted both of my ankles and it took 3 years before they were back to normal. I could walk but couldn't run, they would just give out and re injure. It does depend on how badly and in what direction it was twisted. I bent mine strait back "Toes towards my shins" It could take years or never in the case of athletics and re injury. If you are feeling pain you are re injuring. There is nothing that can be done other than avoiding re injury and acknowledging the pain signs. You may have to quit sports for awhile or even years.

That idea is abhorrent and will never happen.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 9:14:06 PM
At 11/21/2011 9:05:34 PM, phantom wrote:

Roy's right, fyi. I sprained my thumb playing basketball and couldn't use it for like a month and a half. But a doctor can tell you what type of sprain it is and how serious. If you're not getting full range of motion, a physical therapist can give you exercises to do to strengthen the tendon again so you gain use back.

I wouldn't worry - it's not permanent. But if it's causing you a lot of discomfort and persisting, I'd seek medical attention.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:19:37 PM
At 11/21/2011 9:05:34 PM, phantom wrote:

It happened to me and you don't know what you are talking about. I could not run for almost three years. My ankles still bother me to this day and it happened 25 years ago. Are you a doctor? Do you specialize in podiatry and or cartilage damage and tendon damage. Have you ever heard of a career ending injury in sports? You are abhorrently wrong.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Doulos1202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 12:49:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

Depending on the time of grade (1,2,3,4) will determine how long it takes. Also motrin or ibupropen wil speed up the process along with icing it and keeping it elevated.