12/14/2011 2:56:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie

* 1 cup of Skim Milk
* 2-3 TBSP of Peanut Butter
* 3/4 cup of Crushed Ice
* 1 whole Banana
* 1/2 cup of Strawberries

For best results, assemble the above ingredients into a blender in this order.

There are other things you can add, such as frozen yogurt for texture, vanilla for flavor or protein powder and other vitamins. However, I only included the essential things, and things people would most likely have in their home. Plus, no frozen yogurt or extra sugar makes the smoothie healthier.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 2:56:57 PM
I've always been a huge fan of smoothies and learned a ton of recipes. The PB&J is my favorite (and what I'm drinking now), so I figured I'd share it since it's so easy to make. Some people replace the strawberries with chocolate syrup.

To my weight conscious friends, this is a healthy and filling meal replacement. To my smoking buddies, this is one of my favorite high snacks. I can only speak for myself, but a satisfying texture is essential when I've got the munchies and this smoothie hits the spot. It's sweet and cold so feels nice and prevents dry mouth :P

You can put almost anything into a smoothie, but my favorite are berries, bananas, peaches and tropical fruits (mango, pineapple, papaya). Some combinations are better than others. People usually add frozen yogurt or sherbet for texture, but I don't find it necessary. I usually just use crushed ice, water and fruit. Eventually you perfect the ratios to your liking.

Also, I like to invest in frozen fruit which usually comes in bags already sliced and mixed in combinations (of berries, topical fruits, etc.). For best results, don't forget to defrost the fruit for a little while before you blend though.

Finally, if you're not doing this for your health then consider adding some ALCOHOL :) This is one of my favorite summer treats. Don't add too much booze! Seriously, you don't need a lot. You might also wanna add some sugar if you put alcohol in to mask the taste and bring out the fruity sweetness.
President of DDO
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:02:55 PM
Okay, wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

Do you preemptively type our your posts, then copy/paste?

Or, did you really just write that whole big long assed post and publish it in 11 seconds?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

O.O
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:06:06 PM
Hm. Something about the way it's written (and the reference to summer) makes me think that it came from a blog.

Your blog?

Or, did you really take the time to so neatly and aesthetically format someone else's post for our viewing pleasure?

Don't get me wrong -- it looks good.

But, for a minute there, I was really stunned at the fact that it appeared you typed out like 500 words and posted it in 11 seconds.

Lol, perhaps that was just a retarded assumption. xD
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:06:28 PM
I used to buy a smoothie near school for about $5.50. It was just about perfect. I think smoothies are worth the money and time that are put into them.

I haven't tried making a smoothie of my own. Do you think peanut butter is worth it? Sounds kind of disgusting!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:07:18 PM
At 12/14/2011 3:06:06 PM, Ren wrote:
Hm. Something about the way it's written (and the reference to summer) makes me think that it came from a blog.

Your blog?

Or, did you really take the time to so neatly and aesthetically format someone else's post for our viewing pleasure?

But, for a minute there, I was really stunned at the fact that it appeared you typed out like 500 words and posted it in 11 seconds.

Double-posts coming right after one another are in just about every case pre-written and pasted.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:19:50 PM
At 12/14/2011 2:56:46 PM, Danielle wrote:

* 1 cup of Skim Milk
* 3/4 cup of Crushed Ice
* 1 whole Banana

For even better results replace the milk with Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:21:04 PM
At 12/14/2011 3:07:18 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/14/2011 3:06:06 PM, Ren wrote:

Your blog?

Double-posts coming right after one another are in just about every case pre-written and pasted.

i do put a lot of thought into my own...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:24:32 PM
At 12/14/2011 3:19:50 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

* 1 cup of Skim Milk
* 3/4 cup of Crushed Ice
* 1 whole Banana

what a drink! i've the coffee remains of a bailey's coffee set at home... should've chanced it. i put it in my rice crispies once...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:27:52 PM
At 12/14/2011 3:24:32 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2011 3:19:50 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

* 1 cup of Skim Milk
* 3/4 cup of Crushed Ice
* 1 whole Banana

what a drink! i've the coffee remains of a bailey's coffee set at home... should've chanced it. i put it in my rice crispies once...

well it's not my remains of the set... but they owners drink my drink whenever they get the chance, the bastards.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 4:12:03 PM
@ Ren, I wrote it as one post but then somehow I saw only part of it posted. I realized I had "cut" the text accidentally, so I just pasted the rest of it into a new post... lol, interesting observation on your part :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 4:14:41 PM
At 12/14/2011 3:06:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
I used to buy a smoothie near school for about $5.50. It was just about perfect. I think smoothies are worth the money and time that are put into them.

I haven't tried making a smoothie of my own. Do you think peanut butter is worth it? Sounds kind of disgusting!

Yeah, I find smoothies to be on the expensive side when I buy them (for around the same price). A lot of times I buy them at the gym though after a workout.

Peanut butter has its pros and cons. A big con is that it is pretty fattening, but on the plus side it contains a lot of "good" fats and other nutrients (namely protein). The best plus of all is that it is delicious haha at least I like it. It also depends on the day and my mood. When it's warm, sunny or in the morning, I usually prefer the fruity smoothies as opposed to the peanut buttery.
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 4:24:45 PM
At 12/14/2011 4:14:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/14/2011 3:06:28 PM, Mirza wrote:

Yeah, I find smoothies to be on the expensive side when I buy them (for around the same price). A lot of times I buy them at the gym though after a workout.
Yes, extremely expensive. On the other hand, they are very healthy, delicious, and worth the price if you can afford it.

Peanut butter has its pros and cons. A big con is that it is pretty fattening, but on the plus side it contains a lot of "good" fats and other nutrients (namely protein). The best plus of all is that it is delicious haha at least I like it. It also depends on the day and my mood. When it's warm, sunny or in the morning, I usually prefer the fruity smoothies as opposed to the peanut buttery.
I think it is fine for males who work out and try to gain some mass (such as me), but I am pretty sensitive to drinks that tend to look disgusting. I just never thought of peanut butter in a smoothie, but it could be a good try.

My ideal smoothie would be a mixture of:

Forest fruits
Strawberries
Apples
Bananas

And a few ice cubes.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 5:19:16 PM
After reading this, I made a smoothie (strawberries, blackberries, red & green grapes, apples, and a lemon). Just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for the idea!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:38:09 AM
Yes, I have them all the time. Actually after I work out I'm thirsty and hungry but I don't want a lot of calories, so i take frozen strawberries, and make some raspberry tea and blend it all up. I like stuff sour, so I add a little citric acid (this is one of my cooking secrets, and use it all the time in place of lemon juice, and I get it on bulkfoods.com), and then add a little splenda.

I'd also recommend getting a Smart Stick Hand Blender by Cuisinart, not terribly expensive, really easy to use, and super easy to clean.
venumssi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 4:59:54 AM
Banana Smoothie :

Ingredients:
1 cup boiled Milk
1 Whole Banana
2-3 tbsp Vanilla Essence
4-5 tbsp Sugar
Method:
Grind all the above Ingredients and Serve it.

http://homeocares.com...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:46:56 PM
It's the ole Strawberry Banana smoothie for me.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:07:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm gonna actually make this. Unfortunately there's nary a banana in the house. Or strawberries.

I'll just have to take a trick out of Spongebob's book.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
arica78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 2:18:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
hi,
This banana smoothies is really nice ,thanks for shearing it.please also share other
smoothies..

------------------------------------------------
WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION