Need Help

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 4:53:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Eat less, you fat fvck.

Or you know, you could go by my philosophy of "live fat, die young". Being fat is something to cherish. There are many in the world who would kill for your blessing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
bigbob91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:11:25 PM
At 12/16/2011 4:53:26 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Eat less, you fat fvck.

Or you know, you could go by my philosophy of "live fat, die young". Being fat is something to cherish. There are many in the world who would kill for your blessing.

do you think that was really necessary, I will pray for you.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:55:50 PM
At 12/16/2011 4:46:10 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Being my name is Bigoob, I could use some advice on how to lose a little weight, please help?

A lot of people will tell you to stay away from carbs, fat, etc. But really the trick is just to stay away from food. The secret to dieting is that it's really hard and you feel terrible for months. That's why you see people dieting much more often than you see people actully losing weight.

Figure out how you can get by eating as few calories as possible. For example, can you survive without breakfest. If so, don't eat breakfast. Eat a light lunch. Drink a lot of coffee (it seems to suppress the appetite). Eat a couple of servings of fruit for dinner. Eat just enough calories so you are able to fall asleep at night (you don't want to stay up all night due to hunger pains). Make every calorie count. Since you won't be eating much, you'll want to make sure you are getting all your vitamins and so forth. You should start seeing the weight come off in a few weeks. If not, reassess. Do some cardio if you have any the energy.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:12:37 PM
At 12/16/2011 5:55:50 PM, vbaculum wrote:
Being my name is Bigoob, I could use some advice on how to lose a little weight, please help?

A lot of people will tell you to stay away from carbs, fat, etc. But really the trick is just to stay away from food. The secret to dieting is that it's really hard and you feel terrible for months. That's why you see people dieting much more often than you see people actully losing weight.

Figure out how you can get by eating as few calories as possible. For example, can you survive without breakfest. If so, don't eat breakfast. Eat a light lunch. Drink a lot of coffee (it seems to suppress the appetite). Eat a couple of servings of fruit for dinner. Eat just enough calories so you are able to fall asleep at night (you don't want to stay up all night due to hunger pains). Make every calorie count. Since you won't be eating much, you'll want to make sure you are getting all your vitamins and so forth. You should start seeing the weight come off in a few weeks. If not, reassess. Do some cardio if you have any the energy.

I think that's poor advice. Eating breakfast is what jump starts your metabolism. Most dietitians/doctors will tell you breakfast is the most important meal for your health :/
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:17:17 PM

He should switch over to healthy food. That's it. To say "avoid all food" is idiotic.

Cut out all the unnecessary sweets and replace them with something healthy. Drink fresh-extracted juice instead of soda. Exercise a lot and take some whey protein (it can help with weight loss). Drink a lot of metabolism-speeding drinks, such as green tea. (Green tea has both caffeine and L-theanine - helps you stay focused and concentrated, and the L-theanine reduces stress, anxiety, etc.)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:18:17 PM
Anyway, here are some of my weight loss tips that I don't think involve too much work:

• Use smaller plates - they will force you to eat smaller portions.
• When you eat out, be mindful of the portion sizes. Try to save half for later.
• Don't skip breakfast. Some say breakfast should be your biggest meal but I'm not sure of the science behind that.
• Incorporate a multivitamin so that, if you are eating less, your body doesn't feel like it's missing something
• Try to walk to more places (eg. if you take the bus, get off a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way)
• It's okay to spoil yourself here and there but it would be a mistake to suddenly change your diet and lifestyle--you'll probably end up binge eating or giving up.
• Try to give up one thing for a week and see if you can live without it, eg. (soda) pop and carbonated drinks.

But if you're looking for drastic changes then yeah, lifestyle changes need to happen.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:18:59 PM
1. excersise at least for an hour a day, all in one sitting. It helps un-clog veins, reducing the risk of a heart attack.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast. No more bacon, cheerios or an instant breakfast and go.
3. Eat a light lunch. Sandwich, fruit, and one other thing, no more chips. Say away from those carbs
4. Dinner: make it light, eat a salad, a small portion of meat at most, and a drink. (not a soda, stay away from those).
5. If you have an urge for a soda have a switch, not perfect, but better than sodas
6. No more chips
7. well those are the basics. There is more, but try this, if you get nothing than try another technique.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:50:37 PM

Actually, now that I've re-read your post I realize you must be sarcastic. Sorry, my sarcasm detector sucks...
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:10:23 PM
At 12/16/2011 6:50:37 PM, nonentity wrote:

Actually, now that I've re-read your post I realize you must be sarcastic. Sorry, my sarcasm detector sucks...

Yeah that's funny. I probably should have mentioned that the strategy worked for me and probably wouldn't be recommended by many dietitians.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:31:42 PM
At 12/16/2011 10:10:23 PM, vbaculum wrote:

Yeah that's funny. I probably should have mentioned that the strategy worked for me and probably wouldn't be recommended by many dietitians.

That can't be real LOL

My boyfriend lives on coffee and cigarettes and still has a hot bod, I should give that a try >.<
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:35:20 PM
At 12/17/2011 2:31:42 PM, nonentity wrote:

That can't be real LOL

My boyfriend lives on coffee and cigarettes and still has a hot bod, I should give that a try >.<

he's gonna get lung cancer
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:17:34 PM
At 12/16/2011 6:12:37 PM, nonentity wrote:

I think that's poor advice. Eating breakfast is what jump starts your metabolism. Most dietitians/doctors will tell you breakfast is the most important meal for your health :/

False. I would recommend intermittent fasting to you, such as eating only dinner and drinking water the rest of the day. This is the easiest diet to stick to. All the others require tedious calorie and macronutrient counting.

non, our body has two states - a fasted state and a fed state. It's true that the first meal you eat kick starts the fed state. However, it leads to the release of insulin, which blocks the pathway that metabolizes your fat cells into energy. The fed state is not a good state for losing weight.

In the first meal you eat each day, you are also most insulin-sensitive, meaning your body is the most effective at digesting the first meal you eat each day. Most people waste this sensitivity on an unhealthy sugary breakfast. If you only eat one meal a day, you get all the benefits from breakfast, but in your one meal, and you burn fat more easily the rest of the day because you are in a fed state.

If you don't believe me, there have been a number of small scale studies on intermittent fasting showing weight loss and improvements in blood sugar and blood pressure.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:22:17 PM
Oh, and I lost roughly 35 lbs on that diet. Went from 220 to 185.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:30:42 PM
I lost a fair bit of weight by switching from eating fatty kids to some more emaciated ones. I also saved a good bit of money! You can ship them in cheap from Africa - apparently there is a massive bumper crop of them over there at the moment.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:33:36 PM
At 12/17/2011 2:31:42 PM, nonentity wrote:

That can't be real LOL

See, that's all I'm saying :)

Some things that I did say, that may be worth debating, are that moderate safe diets rarely get results. If they do get results, it can be over the course of several years if the dieter is significantly overweight. That length of time is a powerful disincentive to dieting so people give up.

Also, the process of losing weight, especially a lot of weight, - what the OP is trying to do - is traumatic (?) to the body. You basically have to feel bad for several months or years. This is why so many people are overweight. They don't want to be of course, but to actually lose weight feels so bad that people don't do it.

So may strategy was (evolve into) a very low cal diet and I was able to loss 60 pounds in less than half a year. I didn't get sick but I felt pretty low and sometimes cranky. I ate only healthy foods to compensate for the lack of food I was eating. I also reserved Wednesday and Saturday for pigging out a little. But I attribute my success to the speed I was able to loss the weight. A conventional diet may have been too long for me and I may have given up.

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:58:12 PM
Well, in my experience, losing weight isn't easy.

I mean, you're literally altering your body's shape and, in some cases, it's structure. Doing something like that manually is no easy feat. Think, wearing braces as opposed to dentures.

First, you'll need to optimize how you eat. I have no idea how you eat, so I'm just going to tell you what worked best for me, and you can take it from there.

1. Portions

Other people said that your portions should be small. This is absolutely correct. However, they should also be frequent.

One of the most functional approaches to operations management requires that demand drives production. This is because it's the most efficient; if you produce only as much as you'll sell, you've have much less overhead from latent stock and overspill.

Your body works in the same way, interestingly. If you feed it close to exactly what it needs very often, then it will begin to operate in such a way that it doesn't store energy, because it doesn't see a need. Food is plentiful and there exactly when it needs it, and there's no extra to store.

Alternately, if you eat sporadically throughout the day, your body will store at least a portion of every meal you eat (in other words, convert it to glycogen and fat), because of the uncertainty of when you'll get your next meal or if you'll get it when you need it. This also effectively slows your metabolism, so your body uses the fuel less efficiently, making it last longer.

So, to reiterate, eat small meals frequently all day long. You will feel really energized, because your body will burn the food as quickly as possible. It's like going from diesel to jetfuel.

When this happens, you will want to express yourself, and that leads me to my next section:

2. Exercise.

Yes, you will need to exercise to burn off what you have. Your new eating habits will already cause you to lose weight, sure, but not to the degree that you'll want it to. SO, get yourself doing something you think you can enjoy and commit to -- running, jogging, power walking, Dance Dance Revolution, Biking, an elliptical, whatever you can get your hands on -- jumping in place -- just do it. However, you'll notice something when you first get into it -- it's hard. Very hard. Unexpectedly hard, and it will often make you nauseous and lightheaded. You will need to work through this; shake off your nooby modern fragility and man up to your primal instincts. But, there's one way to make this easier. Change the cause -- which is likely that your diet sucks.

3. Diet

The thing that gets most people isn't "what" they eat, as long as it's edible. It's more, the variety. Humans are omnivores; that doesn't really mean that we can indiscriminately go find a single group of foods to love forever, it really means that we need to eat a whole bunch of different types of food. Grains, fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, every day. The sheer variety in what you should be eating should make each single one a relatively minor proportion. In other words, porterhouses are a much bigger challenge if you're eating small meals of all different kinds of foods all day long. You're not that hungry and your body doesn't have that much room.

Once you do this, your body will process food a lot easier. Increase your fiber intake 12,000 fold. As much as you can muster. It will help. You'll find ways.

And, once it processes food easier at it's highest efficiency, you will notice that nausea, thick saliva, and body pains fade away when you exercise.

You will become a machine.

You will be in the mirror a lot.

You will have a few tryists before you're even done.

It will be hard.

It will be worth it.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 5:12:06 PM
At 12/17/2011 3:30:42 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I lost a fair bit of weight by switching from eating fatty kids to some more emaciated ones. I also saved a good bit of money! You can ship them in cheap from Africa - apparently there is a massive bumper crop of them over there at the moment.

wtf
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 7:02:33 PM
At 12/17/2011 5:12:06 PM, 16kadams wrote:

wtf

Constantly drink water, it keeps you full and is overall good for your body.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 9:50:13 AM

Figure out how you can get by eating as few calories as possible. For example, can you survive without breakfest. If so, don't eat breakfast. Eat a light lunch. Drink a lot of coffee (it seems to suppress the appetite). Eat a couple of servings of fruit for dinner. Eat just enough calories so you are able to fall asleep at night (you don't want to stay up all night due to hunger pains). Make every calorie count. Since you won't be eating much, you'll want to make sure you are getting all your vitamins and so forth. You should start seeing the weight come off in a few weeks. If not, reassess. Do some cardio if you have any the energy.:

This is horrible advice. Yes, taking in less calories would make you lose weight, but it also slows down your metabolism so that when you do eat, your body jealously hordes the calories as well as depletes the body of nutrients. So now you're skinny, but just as unhealthy. Not a good trade off.

The only efficient way of maintaining a healthy weight is eating healthy in appropriate amounts and exercise... for life. And to the OP, yes, it's going to take a little dedication. How bad do you want it?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 9:55:32 AM
The first time I saw your user name, I misread it as " bigboob"
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:40:06 AM
At 12/18/2011 9:29:45 AM, nonentity wrote:
Bluesteel---wouldn't eating only dinner mean that the calories you eat turn to fat because you're less active?

Yes, but you say that like it's a bad thing. It is *normal* for our body to store energy as fat. If you eat a 1600 calorie dinner, and 1200 calories are immediately stored as fat, this is fine. During the fasted part of the day, you burn more than 1200 calories from fat. Your body is storing some calories for tomorrow.

Most people eat a 1000 calorie dinner anyways and store around 600 calories as fat. Unless you're eating 5 or 6 small meals a day, your body is storing your meals as fat. It's a negligible amount though.

@Paradigm

It's a myth that *intermittent* fasting slows down your metabolism. Complete fasting does, but intermittent fasting does not. Studies have shown that you can go 36 hours without eating before your metabolism kicks into starvation mode.

Some people have observed that if you eat "too few calories" it becomes hard to lose weight. This may be partially do to the way they are consumed. If you eat a banana every hour for 16 hours, you will be unlikely to lose weight. The insulin you secrete to digest the fructose in the banana is constantly inhibiting the pathway your body uses to metabolize your fat cells into energy.

Lastly, all diets slow metabolism. It takes more energy to feed a 300 lb person's body than it does to feed a 200 lb person's body. Losing fat lowers your BMR. If you want a super-high metabolism, you can't lose weight. But a 400 lb obese person is unlikely to ever put on that much muscle...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 6:56:48 PM

Forget dieting. I got fat in the sixth and seventh grade. Someone called me fatso one day and I swore never to be fat again. I tried an unorthodox method that I read about but for the life of me can't remember where. The human body runs best just above the starvation point. That is to say it only needs what it needs. Eat once a day and eat what ever you want in any amount you want. I recommend skipping breakfast and lunch and pig out for dinner. The pounds will drop like flies. After a while you will see yourself eating less and less at dinner time. Do this for about a month. Eliminate breakfast for ever. After that month eat lunch every other day or every other 2 days. Your stomach will feel full on less.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 6:31:17 PM
At 12/17/2011 5:12:06 PM, 16kadams wrote:

wtf

lmfao
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 8:31:15 AM
I joined JROTC and have lost ten pounds and am now ripped in less than 2 years. Which by the way isnt a long time. Hope that helps any.
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
FlyCauseICanBe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 10:00:14 AM
At 12/16/2011 5:11:25 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 4:53:26 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Eat less, you fat fvck.

do you think that was really necessary, I will pray for you.

I don't think it was necessary either, though it was quite entertaining. And start playing sports! It helps; running is good too.