Jump to topic:

AGH SUNBURN!i!

BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2009 4:43:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
OK. today i went to the beach, put on sum sunscreen and laid down to try and get a tan. i forgot to re-apply, and got probably my worsty sunburn EVA. Skip the "Your an idiot" cracks. i just need to kno sum homemade sunburn remedies any1 might now. Thanks.
I'm back.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 2:30:27 PM
ALOE. If you can't get your hands on an actual aloe plant that secretes the stuff, try getting some from a store in lotion form. Aspirin (as opposed to Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen) will also help to reduce some of the pain and inflammation. Also, taking warm or cool (not hot or cold) showers might help speed up recovery, and applying ice cubes and cucumbers might soothe the burn and at least eliminate some pain temporarily. You should probably see a doctor to make sure it's not sun poisoning though. Regardless, that ish is painful :/ Feel better!
President of DDO
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 2:40:14 PM
I agree with the aloe.

Also, just stay inside on the computer all day and go out at night in the first place. It's so much better that way.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 2:57:45 PM
Somehow I think John knows what he is talking about.

Aloe seems to be the best remedy. I would also dare put forward having a 'tea bath' - basically you clean the tub out with bleach or something that really, really kills germs, get tonnes of tea bags and put them in a bath tub of boiling water until its really strong. Put some cold water in to cool it down and soak yourself.

Never done it myself (I enjoy tea too much to do that), but it apparently does help a lot.
JunkActivism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2009 12:27:24 AM
Aloe all the way. I'm practically an albino and must say, get that spray on sunblock that is water resistant and use it regularly....use it often....

And when you're burned get an aloe cream, nothing will take the pain away like aloe...
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 11:34:28 AM
I'm in the Sunburn Boat right now, and while i was moping my brother googled sunburn relief or something like that and told me to put on sour cream. sounds lame, but it worked. I didn't itch as bad and the pain just went away.
But it stinks...
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 11:52:43 AM
I burn, but not badly. Normally peels off in 3-4 days. Then I bronze like a Greek God (dess).

I agree with the Aloe, not sure on these Sour Cream and Tea remedies.

Just apply Aloe to the front (if it's burned), wait for it to soak in and then put it on your back, wait for it to soak in. Do it at morning and night, following a cool shower. Do it more times a day if it is still bad.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.