Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Should people test drugs on animals?

buelg
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.
Marlslove
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 6:47:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think it is wrong to test on animals.They are Gods animals too. They feel and know that what the scientists are doing is wrong.
In God We Trust
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:09:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ummmmmm, ya
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:42:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

Agreed.

How would you test drugs if you can't test them on live subjects? Would you just sell them and hope that they're safe for people? Great idea.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:44:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:42:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

Agreed.

How would you test drugs if you can't test them on live subjects? Would you just sell them and hope that they're safe for people? Great idea.

Testing them on two time convicted child molesters is a even greater idea.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 9:48:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:44:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:42:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

Agreed.

How would you test drugs if you can't test them on live subjects? Would you just sell them and hope that they're safe for people? Great idea.

Testing them on two time convicted child molesters is a even greater idea.

Haha.

+2
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 11:02:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

However, the fact is that it isn't logical to wipe out all animals to save even all humans, much less one human.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 9:07:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 11:02:57 PM, Ren wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

However, the fact is that it isn't logical to wipe out all animals to save even all humans, much less one human.

Well, I understand that that wouldn't work, but I'm saying that if I had to choose, and humanity could still survive, then that would be my choice.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 9:07:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:44:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:42:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

Agreed.

How would you test drugs if you can't test them on live subjects? Would you just sell them and hope that they're safe for people? Great idea.

Testing them on two time convicted child molesters is a even greater idea.

Hmmm, I see a new use for rapists and molesters, murderers ect........
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 9:16:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 9:15:18 AM, Koopin wrote:
Kill the dang animals if it will help humans.

Koopin has spoken!

The issue has been decided! Dismissed!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
buelg
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 2:36:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 9:16:43 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/10/2012 9:15:18 AM, Koopin wrote:
Kill the dang animals if it will help humans.

Koopin has spoken!

The issue has been decided! Dismissed!

What duh?...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:16:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Vegetarian, pro-animal drug testing.

Doesn't make sense to cause the suffering and killing of animals for something that is unnecessarily (eating meat).

Makes sense to cause the suffering and killing for something that is necessarily, mainly saving the lives of other humans.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:52:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:16:53 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Vegetarian, pro-animal drug testing.

Doesn't make sense to cause the suffering and killing of animals for something that is unnecessarily (eating meat).

Makes sense to cause the suffering and killing for something that is necessarily, mainly saving the lives of other humans.

wut.

Lol there's way better ways to test, like on dangerous convicts or by replicating human DNA into robot type things so no one has to suffer and we get real accurate results...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 5:06:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:52:53 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:16:53 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Vegetarian, pro-animal drug testing.

Doesn't make sense to cause the suffering and killing of animals for something that is unnecessarily (eating meat).

Makes sense to cause the suffering and killing for something that is necessarily, mainly saving the lives of other humans.

wut.

Lol there's way better ways to test, like on dangerous convicts or by replicating human DNA into robot type things so no one has to suffer and we get real accurate results...

Testing it on dangerous convicts is just begging for an industrial complex to occur. The pharmaceutical industry wants to use their drugs on "murders". But If they find that somehow the supply of murderers is low, then they'll find a way around increasing the supply.

Yes, your referring to in vitro testing (minus the robot), which does occur. However, knowing how it will effect human cells is simpler then how it will effect a person with many complex systems with differentiated cells acting on one another. There's no way to predict the effects. In fact, even with animal testing, the drug still has to go through an experimental stage with humans. There's a whole long and complex testing system to get drugs on the market, and it all costs many millions of dollars.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 2:44:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 5:06:07 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:52:53 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:16:53 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Vegetarian, pro-animal drug testing.

Doesn't make sense to cause the suffering and killing of animals for something that is unnecessarily (eating meat).

Makes sense to cause the suffering and killing for something that is necessarily, mainly saving the lives of other humans.

wut.

Lol there's way better ways to test, like on dangerous convicts or by replicating human DNA into robot type things so no one has to suffer and we get real accurate results...

Testing it on dangerous convicts is just begging for an industrial complex to occur.

Testing on convicts already occurs, and testing on military soldiers has occurred, as well.

Either way, we shouldn't test on animals. We need to grow up and stop being so destructive.
CrazyPerson
Posts: 1,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 9:59:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
No they shouldn't, they should test them on people like me.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Websterremembered
Posts: 95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 8:03:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 9:44:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:42:04 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/8/2012 9:32:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Yes. Why? Cause an animal is worth far less than a human. I would wipe out all animals to save one humans, if that was logical.

Agreed.

How would you test drugs if you can't test them on live subjects? Would you just sell them and hope that they're safe for people? Great idea.

Testing them on two time convicted child molesters is a even greater idea.

not enough of them.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 8:04:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM, buelg wrote:
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.

Food chain....nuff said. Don't know if you're Christian or not, but Jesus ate meat. ;)
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
MikelaC2596
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 10:05:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think they should start with plants and see if the drug is toxic, then small rodents. I wish there was a way to avoid subjecting the animals to possible pain, but as soon as its Proven not to kill them it can become something for human volunteers to test.
Not only will I put lipstick on this pig, I'm going to pluck her brows and shadow her eyes, and she will win the pageant crown.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:55:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/24/2012 8:04:30 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM, buelg wrote:
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.

Food chain....nuff said. Don't know if you're Christian or not, but Jesus ate meat. ;)

Which two logical fallacies did you commit here Evan?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:17:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 11:55:01 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/24/2012 8:04:30 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM, buelg wrote:
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.

Food chain....nuff said. Don't know if you're Christian or not, but Jesus ate meat. ;)

Which two logical fallacies did you commit here Evan?

lol I was wondering what your input was going to be on this thread, vbac. :)

I haven't really thought out my beliefs on animal testing very much. All I know is I avoid products which do as much as possible.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:23:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol. Perfect timing for me to see this.

I just got into a huge argument with PETA about animal testing, where they explicitly stated that testing should be done on humans rather than on animals. Rofl.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:32:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM, buelg wrote:
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.

I agree, we should test them on convicted pedophiles like Sandusky.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:34:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:23:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Lol. Perfect timing for me to see this.

I just got into a huge argument with PETA about animal testing, where they explicitly stated that testing should be done on humans rather than on animals. Rofl.

WITH peta? How did that happen?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:51:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:17:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/25/2012 11:55:01 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/24/2012 8:04:30 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM, buelg wrote:
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.

Food chain....nuff said. Don't know if you're Christian or not, but Jesus ate meat. ;)

Which two logical fallacies did you commit here Evan?

lol I was wondering what your input was going to be on this thread, vbac. :)

I haven't really thought out my beliefs on animal testing very much. All I know is I avoid products which do as much as possible.

That's good. No matter what one's beliefs on animal testing are, there is no reason to buy cosmetics, cleaners, etc. that have been used to torture animals when there are alternatives on the market.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:26:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:51:14 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/25/2012 4:17:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/25/2012 11:55:01 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/24/2012 8:04:30 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 2/8/2012 12:35:09 AM, buelg wrote:
Well, it can be very dangerous for our health if they don't, but still in the other hand,to think about animals, just because they can't talk, I think it is wrong to just make them sick.

Food chain....nuff said. Don't know if you're Christian or not, but Jesus ate meat. ;)

Which two logical fallacies did you commit here Evan?

lol I was wondering what your input was going to be on this thread, vbac. :)

I haven't really thought out my beliefs on animal testing very much. All I know is I avoid products which do as much as possible.

That's good. No matter what one's beliefs on animal testing are, there is no reason to buy cosmetics, cleaners, etc. that have been used to torture animals when there are alternatives on the market.

My thoughts exactly.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.