Medical

Doulos1202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 12:30:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 2:47:27 PM, Ren wrote:
Do you know anything about nanotechnology as it applies to medical science?

I have read up on it but only on a superficial level. What is it that you would like to discuss about it?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 9:40:50 PM
I think it would be best if you proposed motions, I am at loss as to what exactly you want. Debates on surgical procedure, pharmacology or the actual physiology/'facts' ?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 4:58:45 PM
At 2/10/2012 12:44:23 PM, Doulos1202 wrote:
Any pre med students willing to debate/discuss the different types of medical treatment in regards of medicine and surgery?

Pre-med students o.O? Do they even have the background to discuss that? I would think that's a topic better left to students in med school or fresh residents.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 8:29:43 PM
Any pre med students willing to debate/discuss the different types of medical treatment in regards of medicine and surgery?

Best method on curing hangnail.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:21:26 PM
At 3/9/2012 8:29:43 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

Best method on curing hangnail.

Nail clipper?
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:23:21 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:10:10 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
My extensive knowledge of modern medicine:

I want House to be my doctor.

Really? His diagnosis technique is make you more sick to confirm lupus or auto immune.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:34:34 PM
If house is your doctor, you're dying. I'd rather have another doctor than be dying.

Most of the time House doesn't patch you up like new. He just discovers a tumor, or a genetic condition, or an autoimmune disorder, things that involve bad, bad things that will allow you to live a poor quality of life afterwards.

Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:34:06 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:23:21 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 4/6/2012 6:10:10 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
My extensive knowledge of modern medicine:

I want House to be my doctor.

Really? His diagnosis technique is make you more sick to confirm lupus or auto immune.

That's only a few of his patients. He typically gets the job done, but it normally comes at the cost of a coworker's humiliation.

I'd rather have a doctor that literally shoots himself up with Alzheimer's brain stimulants in order to make a clear diagnosis than some defeatist apologetic that sits by me saying "I'll pray for you."
turn down for h'what
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:35:37 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:34:34 PM, Kleptin wrote:
If house is your doctor, you're dying. I'd rather have another doctor than be dying.

Most of the time House doesn't patch you up like new. He just discovers a tumor, or a genetic condition, or an autoimmune disorder, things that involve bad, bad things that will allow you to live a poor quality of life afterwards.

Okay; so you'd rather die unknowing of your condition rather than live with a crippled lifestyle? I guess in this case, ignorance is to you literally bliss.
turn down for h'what
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:42:50 PM
At 4/6/2012 7:35:37 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

Okay; so you'd rather die unknowing of your condition rather than live with a crippled lifestyle? I guess in this case, ignorance is to you literally bliss.

You didn't get it.

The implication of having Dr. House as your physician is that you have contracted some case of a very bad SOMETHING. I would rather give up the opportunity to have Dr. House preside over me in favor of not having any bad illness whatsoever.

Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:44:03 PM
At 4/6/2012 7:42:50 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 4/6/2012 7:35:37 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

You didn't get it.

The implication of having Dr. House as your physician is that you have contracted some case of a very bad SOMETHING. I would rather give up the opportunity to have Dr. House preside over me in favor of not having any bad illness whatsoever.

Okay; let me rephrase myself once more.

If I am extremely ill to a point where I am beyond the help of our friendly, hometown licensed physician, I want House to be my doctor.

This isn't a
1) You're very sick with House
2) You're not sick at all
predicament. You're very sick; that's the circumstance.

Oh, and not every single on of House's doctors is deathly sick. One lower-IQ'd fellow came in complaining about pain in his limbs, yet House identified it as a broken finger. Then again, he was on methadone that entire episode, and typically he wouldn't examine such an insignificant medical problem.
turn down for h'what