Jump to topic:

Sugar Bad For Your Health *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 10:49:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was using some stevia in my tea the other night. And I admit, I was a little disappointed in the way that it tasted as this was in its natural form.
It was bland and not as on point as sugar that has been refined or granulated.
Preservatives are necessary when you make these kinds of beverages that we are so use to drinking. Sugar has a bad repuatation, but it should be taken in moderation only. I think that when the same ingredients are used in sugar alternatives, then we can cut down on diseases such as diabetes, which is at an all time high here in the US. But we know that the government would rather you suffer and be tormented while you wait in line at the doctors office. So do not expect for the regulations to ban sugar anytime soon. Stevia and sugar cane is better than the first. Do you agree ?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:13:10 PM
At 2/22/2012 10:49:32 AM, inferno wrote:
I was using some stevia in my tea the other night. And I admit, I was a little disappointed in the way that it tasted as this was in its natural form.
Preservatives are necessary when you make these kinds of beverages that we are so use to drinking. Sugar has a bad repuatation, but it should be taken in moderation only. I think that when the same ingredients are used in sugar alternatives, then we can cut down on diseases such as diabetes, which is at an all time high here in the US. But we know that the government would rather you suffer and be tormented while you wait in line at the doctors office. So do not expect for the regulations to ban sugar anytime soon. Stevia and sugar cane is better than the first. Do you agree ?

No food is bad for you, poor eating habits are. DUH to all you health nuts out there that deny yourself of everything based on hog wash food studies.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 11:31:26 PM
I am in complete agreement with Sadolite.

Banning sugar is ridiculous. You may as well ban salt or water, since both of those things can kill in high enough concentrations.

The issue with artificial sweeteners and sugar alternatives is that even though they aren't metabolized, they still fuel your need for sweet things simply by tasting sweet.

Also, diabetes isn't simply caused by sugars as sweetening agents. It is mostly caused by constant intake of carbohydrates which may not taste sweet going in, but turn into sugar after being broken down.

As Sadolite put, it's not a problem of sugar, it's a problem of moderation. If people would just exercise a little more and cut down on the processed carbs, it wouldn't be such a big issue.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 12:02:41 PM
At 2/22/2012 10:49:32 AM, inferno wrote:

Like, Truvia?

I think that it's best to use it to supplement sugar, rather than as a replacement. In other words, if you add it to something that already contains natural sugar (say, a fruit smoothie) or to bolster the sweet taste of a meal while diminishing the amount of sugar required in the recipe, it's perfect. However, for things that need sugar to become palatable to some, such as say, coffee, tea, or cereal, then it just won't cut it. It has a slightly divergent taste gently reminiscent of licorice or fennel, both of which I happen to detest.

But, when I add it to banana-strawberry-almond milk smoothies? AMG... heaven without the hyperglycemia. Perfection. Pancakes? Bomb. Cookies? Bomb (but, you'll need a browning agent, or you can just half-half it like me).