Jump to topic:

Supervised Injection Sites

Travniki
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 9:21:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
No time to make a debate about it, any one have an opinion on Supervised Injection Sites?

Supervised Injection Site: Legally sanctioned and medically supervised facilities designed to allow illicit drug users to consume powerful drugs like heroine in a safer environment

I think it would be really interesting to see this debated
Vp
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 1:11:22 AM
I can see the reasoning behind it, though shouldn't you spend that money on rehabilitation rather than just giving these people their fixes? Its basically "free drugs" from that point on.
Life is like radiation. A uniquely damaging event. Perhaps I will live another thirty years. Perhaps I will die tomorrow. But I have no regrets. I was sometimes forced to make difficult choices. But enough is enough. As Vladimir would say, you can only die once, make sure it is worth it.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2012 5:21:48 PM
Agreed.

Providing needles to drug users saves money because it lowers the risk of blood-borne disease transmission and consequently, the need for the government to fund medical treatment for infected people. Does it enable drug use? Yes. Slightly. But the benefits outweigh the risk.

The cost for staffing one of these supervised clinics is about the same cost as staffing a clinic devoted to getting clean. At this point, all you are doing is enabling drug use.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 1:11:08 AM
Wait, agree with him or with me..?
Life is like radiation. A uniquely damaging event. Perhaps I will live another thirty years. Perhaps I will die tomorrow. But I have no regrets. I was sometimes forced to make difficult choices. But enough is enough. As Vladimir would say, you can only die once, make sure it is worth it.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 6:03:05 PM
With you, with the notion that the money could be better spent.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 6:59:46 PM
At 3/12/2012 6:03:05 PM, Kleptin wrote:
With you, with the notion that the money could be better spent.

K.