Jump to topic:

House

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 11:32:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Who here finds Houses medical mysteries actually viable. Example: A kid believes he is being abducted by aliens. It can't be hallucinations, he obviously has an unborn brothers DNA in his brain making those things happen.

And his solutions. A guy can't bear to tell someone he loves her, so he gets his head shocked to clear all memories.

I like House, but the medical side is a load of crumpets.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 12:08:16 PM
The entire point of the show is to have weird, crazy solutions to medical mysteries, thought up by a madman of a doctor who happens to be right most of the time.

It is House, M.D., not House, Local Family Doctor.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 12:22:37 PM
At 7/10/2009 12:08:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
The entire point of the show is to have weird, crazy solutions to medical mysteries, thought up by a madman of a doctor who happens to be right most of the time.

It is House, M.D., not House, Local Family Doctor.

Probably exercised by his clinic scenes.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2009 4:22:42 PM
I enjoy the show. It is pretty entertaining, though I do not watch anything religiously.

And I would have no idea whether or not their medical solutions are probably legit; however, I would assume that they do some level of research before writing the script.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2009 9:53:32 AM
At 7/10/2009 4:19:16 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I like House.

I wonder how many Americans realise Hugh Laurie is English though?

Is his American accent that convincing?

He did do all those sketches with Stephen Fry

My favourite ones so far:

I find the accent convincing. He never breaks it. And when he did do an English accent once, it was one of those overblown 'English' ones.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 6:10:32 AM
I like House.

It's alright. I always notice that it's fake, but that's because I knew he was English. It's a little over-pronounced IMO. Anyway House isn't supposed to have much medical credibility, Panda, the same way The West Wing doesn't define American politics and Boston Legal doesn't define our legal system. If you have any questions, comments or concerns you should see a real MD :P
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 8:49:06 AM
At 7/19/2009 6:10:32 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I like House.

It's alright. I always notice that it's fake, but that's because I knew he was English. It's a little over-pronounced IMO. Anyway House isn't supposed to have much medical credibility, Panda, the same way The West Wing doesn't define American politics and Boston Legal doesn't define our legal system. If you have any questions, comments or concerns you should see a real MD :P

Lol

Gullible, Idiotic Patient - "Yeah, I had a headache, and after watching House I think I have a brain tumor, so if you would just cut open my brain and root around until you find it, that would be great."

Doc - 'Uh, I'm going to start you on some pain killers. You should feel better after that.'

Gullible, Idiotic Patient - "Can I have vicodin?"

Doc - 'No.'
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 12:11:01 PM

I was 100% convinced until I saw an interview with him on one of the late night shows here.
sorvera
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:53:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I love house, sure some of his cases can be kind of out there but its cool. His cases sound convincing on screen because the writers can write all the symptoms and all that to make it realistic. Houses' personality is my favorite, and it irritates me through out the series when people think he's a drug addict, or crazy. Yes he pops pills constantly, but he's in pain and is a doctor. He is crazy but he's a doctor that saves fictional lives.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 12:51:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:53:58 PM, sorvera wrote:
I love house, sure some of his cases can be kind of out there but its cool. His cases sound convincing on screen because the writers can write all the symptoms and all that to make it realistic. Houses' personality is my favorite, and it irritates me through out the series when people think he's a drug addict, or crazy. Yes he pops pills constantly, but he's in pain and is a doctor. He is crazy but he's a doctor that saves fictional lives.

You should do heroin.
Tsar of DDO