Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Girls

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 10:45:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
(Before you challenge the WTFness of this being in the Health forum:

1) The Health forum is not in use
2) This regards physcology, neurology and that
3) This made me slightly depressed )

Anyway, heres the story:

So I did a french summer school/course. And there was this girl whos number I gave. Then, for 2 days, we texted back and forward alot. And Im'ed and that. She showed all the possible signs (E.g. Liked most of the things I liked, Atheist, amongst others)

Then she texted me "Ask me a random question and I'll answer truthfully". So, taking this as the ultimatum, I asked her, y'know, and then she said "Oh, no I don't want to ruin our friendship". *Facepalm meets head*

I mean, seriously, she lives like an hour from my house, I texted her for like two days straight, she gives every possible sign and then says no. I mean, she could be just waiting for time, but....*facepalm meets head again*.

Anyway, thoughts on a hook, line and sinker?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:05:04 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Women suck like that sometimes. They're indecisive; they don't know what they want; they even lack cognitive logic sometimes.

"They ain't got nothin that'll ever capture your heart". -Rod Steward.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:15:25 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:05:04 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Women suck like that sometimes. They're indecisive; they don't know what they want; they even lack cognitive logic sometimes.

"They ain't got nothin that'll ever capture your heart". -Rod Steward.

Sometimes I consider homosexuality a distant options. Then I realise the indecisive nature of homosexuality in the bedroom.

Ergo, women it is. It's just, I was 100% certain. Sure, I get to go cinema wih her, in like 3 weeks, but still. So sure.......
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:19:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 10:45:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Then she texted me "Ask me a random question and I'll answer truthfully".

Suggesting that she generally doesn't answer truthfully.

Dumped, instantly.

Never getting into a relationship with someone who doesn't realize that honesty is the first virtue.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:26:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:19:56 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/27/2009 10:45:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Then she texted me "Ask me a random question and I'll answer truthfully".

Suggesting that she generally doesn't answer truthfully.

Dumped, instantly.

Never getting into a relationship with someone who doesn't realize that honesty is the first virtue.

Lol, there was never anything to make me dumped. Besides, she'll come around.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:29:15 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
She could be one of those people that thinks getting to know someone first is better than jumping right into a relationship.

Think about it. To you, everything might be going swell, but you've only known and talked to her for a couple of days. Texting back and forth isn't a good indicator of how someone is, even if all their answers seem to hit all the right spots for you.

For her, it could be the same way, but she might think that letting it run a little while longer, just to make sure she isn't making a mistake by even contacting you. I wouldn't take that offensively either - it means that you're hitting good spots, and that she is seriously considering her relationship with you. If she had rejected you out of hand, or even accepted you out of hand, I would be more concerned.

I've noticed that women like to examine their relationships, whether it is family, friend or romantic.

Biologically speaking, it can be frustrating for others because it appears that this person is throwing barriers up every which way. I can imagine your facepalm status at such a thing.

Psychologically (and evolutionary) speaking, it makes sense because women, as child bearers, are inclined to watch their relationships for their safety as well as their child's (yes, this works even if the woman in question doesn't have a child).

So, don't lose hope, give it time and just keep what you're doing up - if she thinks you're an alright guy, I'm sure she'll push the relationship farther.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:33:45 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:26:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/27/2009 11:19:56 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/27/2009 10:45:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Then she texted me "Ask me a random question and I'll answer truthfully".

Suggesting that she generally doesn't answer truthfully.

Dumped, instantly.

Never getting into a relationship with someone who doesn't realize that honesty is the first virtue.

Lol, there was never anything to make me dumped. Besides, she'll come around.

I never said that.

I said I would dump her.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:34:20 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:29:15 AM, Volkov wrote:
She could be one of those people that thinks getting to know someone first is better than jumping right into a relationship.

Acceptable, I guess


Think about it. To you, everything might be going swell, but you've only known and talked to her for a couple of days. Texting back and forth isn't a good indicator of how someone is, even if all their answers seem to hit all the right spots for you.

I did say IM'ing as well. But point duly noted.


For her, it could be the same way, but she might think that letting it run a little while longer, just to make sure she isn't making a mistake by even contacting you. I wouldn't take that offensively either - it means that you're hitting good spots, and that she is seriously considering her relationship with you. If she had rejected you out of hand, or even accepted you out of hand, I would be more concerned.

Out of hand?


So, don't lose hope, give it time and just keep what you're doing up - if she thinks you're an alright guy, I'm sure she'll push the relationship farther.

Does that constitute: Being funny, thoughtful, considerate, or all of the above?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:35:09 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:33:45 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/27/2009 11:26:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/27/2009 11:19:56 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/27/2009 10:45:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Then she texted me "Ask me a random question and I'll answer truthfully".

Suggesting that she generally doesn't answer truthfully.

Dumped, instantly.

Never getting into a relationship with someone who doesn't realize that honesty is the first virtue.

Lol, there was never anything to make me dumped. Besides, she'll come around.

I never said that.

I said I would dump her.

Oh. I guess she did answer honestly, though. Maybe she's biding time.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:39:58 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:34:20 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Out of hand?

"Ewww, your hair is too gelled. Get away from me."
"Ohhh, your hair is so pointy. Come and get me."

Two responses you don't want to hear if you're looking for an actual relationship. The latter one is acceptable for "shorter" relationships, if you know what I mean.

This is because any person that really accepts or rejects you right away isn't getting the full picture of who you are, and most likely doesn't care.

Does that constitute: Being funny, thoughtful, considerate, or all of the above?

I wouldn't know her tastes, but I would guess so.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 11:50:31 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 11:39:58 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/27/2009 11:34:20 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Out of hand?

"Ewww, your hair is too gelled. Get away from me."
"Ohhh, your hair is so pointy. Come and get me."

Two responses you don't want to hear if you're looking for an actual relationship. The latter one is acceptable for "shorter" relationships, if you know what I mean.

This is because any person that really accepts or rejects you right away isn't getting the full picture of who you are, and most likely doesn't care.

So, her actually rejecting me on grounds of friendship is good if I want a long-ish relationship? I wouldn't mind that. It's just that hormones make me irrational.As it does with every male. I jumped the gun.


Does that constitute: Being funny, thoughtful, considerate, or all of the above?

I wouldn't know her tastes, but I would guess so.

Well, I think she appreciates my vast knowledge of humour, so, ya, funny it is. I guess just always texting her back constitutes as a good thing.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 2:34:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 2:34:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If its any help, shes the one just to the left of me:

http://www.debate.org...

Stage left, obviously. Not the big ginger lad.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 2:40:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 2:34:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If its any help, shes the one just to the left of me:

http://www.debate.org...

Three girls for every guy in that photo - not a bad ratio.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 3:17:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 2:40:31 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/27/2009 2:34:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If its any help, shes the one just to the left of me:

http://www.debate.org...

Three girls for every guy in that photo - not a bad ratio

To the untrained eye, it's 1:3. However, the guy beside me was really quite, so, 1:6 :D!

However, 2 were pretty quiet, so 1:4.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 3:56:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 2:34:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If its any help, shes the one just to the left of me:

http://www.debate.org...

She kinda looks like Ginny (Weasley) from Harry Potter.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2009 3:59:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 3:56:06 PM, Nags wrote:
At 7/27/2009 2:34:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If its any help, shes the one just to the left of me:

http://www.debate.org...

She kinda looks like Ginny (Weasley) from Harry Potter.

Cheers.

I just remembered a song that basically sums up the situation (Minus the love and outside influence bit):
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 2:53:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Need a group of 5 guys to immediately call BS or not.

I got a new phone (touchscreen, mega-fiddley) and texted her. She responded saying she hit her head, shes in bed and can't talk.

BS or not BS?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 3:00:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/28/2009 2:53:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Need a group of 5 guys to immediately call BS or not.

I got a new phone (touchscreen, mega-fiddley) and texted her. She responded saying she hit her head, shes in bed and can't talk.

BS or not BS?

I'd say BS, but next time you see her, check for a bump or bring it up (ie., "so how's your head feeling?").
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 3:02:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/28/2009 3:00:09 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/28/2009 2:53:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Need a group of 5 guys to immediately call BS or not.

I got a new phone (touchscreen, mega-fiddley) and texted her. She responded saying she hit her head, shes in bed and can't talk.

BS or not BS?

I'd say BS, but next time you see her, check for a bump or bring it up (ie., "so how's your head feeling?").

Note that she texted about a minute later and had basket ball camp.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 3:04:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/28/2009 3:02:53 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/28/2009 3:00:09 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/28/2009 2:53:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Need a group of 5 guys to immediately call BS or not.

I got a new phone (touchscreen, mega-fiddley) and texted her. She responded saying she hit her head, shes in bed and can't talk.

BS or not BS?

I'd say BS, but next time you see her, check for a bump or bring it up (ie., "so how's your head feeling?").

Note that she texted about a minute later and had basket ball camp.

Hm, well it is always possible. I wouldn't see a reason why she would lie, unless you said something odd the last time. Make sure you didn't send any shifty pictures on your new phone by accident - you did say it was "fiddley".
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 3:06:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/28/2009 3:04:27 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/28/2009 3:02:53 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/28/2009 3:00:09 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/28/2009 2:53:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Need a group of 5 guys to immediately call BS or not.

I got a new phone (touchscreen, mega-fiddley) and texted her. She responded saying she hit her head, shes in bed and can't talk.

BS or not BS?

I'd say BS, but next time you see her, check for a bump or bring it up (ie., "so how's your head feeling?").

Note that she texted about a minute later and had basket ball camp.

Hm, well it is always possible. I wouldn't see a reason why she would lie, unless you said something odd the last time. Make sure you didn't send any shifty pictures on your new phone by accident - you did say it was "fiddley".

Fiddley but not mistake prone. I only sent words. Quick confession though:

Because hormones = irrationality, when she said no to the question, I covered and said my friend texted her that on my phone as a joke. I think she smelled serious BS there. To say now, 2 days on I lied, would be worse then just forgetting it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 3:10:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/28/2009 3:06:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Fiddley but not mistake prone. I only sent words. Quick confession though:

Because hormones = irrationality, when she said no to the question, I covered and said my friend texted her that on my phone as a joke. I think she smelled serious BS there. To say now, 2 days on I lied, would be worse then just forgetting it.

That probably wouldn't improve her opinion of you. I wouldn't say anything now, because she may have already or will forget about it. I wouldn't try anything like that later, though. Unless you want to show consistency.
Chuckles
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 5:01:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
don't lie to her. if you can take being just her friend (or at least taking things slow) then that shows you have staying power - chicks like a guy who can stick around (at least if she's looking for a relationship). Saying it was a friend says to her "i'm running cuz i'm not getting any poontang." Show you can stand her when she' not sitting on your c*ck and see what happens.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 5:03:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/28/2009 5:01:10 PM, Chuckles wrote:
don't lie to her. if you can take being just her friend (or at least taking things slow) then that shows you have staying power - chicks like a guy who can stick around (at least if she's looking for a relationship). Saying it was a friend says to her "i'm running cuz i'm not getting any poontang." Show you can stand her when she' not sitting on your c*ck and see what happens.

Some girls are weird like that. I've had one that didn't want to date me unless I said I wanted to be her friend. I told her "No, I want to be your BOYfriend." The moment I gave up and claimed to want to be friends, she wanted to go out (Which kind of pished me off...).
You may be in a similar situation.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
VainApocalypse
Posts: 74
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2009 9:28:26 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/27/2009 10:45:50 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
(Before you challenge the WTFness of this being in the Health forum:

1) The Health forum is not in use
2) This regards physcology, neurology and that
3) This made me slightly depressed )

Anyway, heres the story:

So I did a french summer school/course. And there was this girl whos number I gave. Then, for 2 days, we texted back and forward alot. And Im'ed and that. She showed all the possible signs (E.g. Liked most of the things I liked, Atheist, amongst others)

Then she texted me "Ask me a random question and I'll answer truthfully". So, taking this as the ultimatum, I asked her, y'know, and then she said "Oh, no I don't want to ruin our friendship". *Facepalm meets head*

Well there's your problem. You asked her; you can't ask her. You have to tell her. Be the man, and show her who's boss!

Just text her back and say. "You're my girlfriend now. End of story. >=|"
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 1:35:48 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
@Vain: I'm chivalrous.

@Volkov: I probably will end up being consistent out of nature.

@WJM: Sound similiar.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 2:06:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Do you mind if I am brutally frank with you Panda?

You are both about the same age, about 15-16 right? She may really like you as a person but when it comes to sexual partners girls at that age often go for guys a little bit older: men rather than boys; if you see what I mean.

In that photo you look quite clean cut. Is there something you could do to make yourself look a bit older?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...