Jump to topic:

Charleslbinatis

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:52:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am here to talk about a VERY serious syndrome going around, know as Charleslbinatis.

CLB, as it is commonly know, is a disorder in which the victim makes EXTREMELY long posts on forums, full of useless crap and such, for no discernible reason.

In fact, funny as it may sound, we have someone on DDO that suffers from this as well. He is know as Charleslb.

We need to come together to find out what other symptoms this disorder may have, and how we can fight it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:54:26 AM
Conclusion

We should help fight this, with all we have.

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:54:27 AM
Eh, 3/10. Concept wasn't inherently awful, but the execution just wasn't funny. Maybe a really long post might have helped?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:55:54 AM
At 4/26/2012 8:54:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Eh, 3/10. Concept wasn't inherently awful, but the execution just wasn't funny. Maybe a really long post might have helped?

Problem: I do not suffer from CLB. If I did, I probably would have tied in how Conservatives/Libertarians/Capitalism are to blame as well.

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 7:50:01 PM
Well, I'm not really sure, in this case, or in others, (not that i'm ever really sure about anything - haha) but i think you get the point. Anyway, what i'm trying to get at is that I wasn't really sure upon reading, or now that i think of it, and while I think of it let me take a moment to catch my breath, the breath is important for continuing on in a sentence - as i'm sure you are well aware of, but, anyway, allow me to continue on -after reading your post, that you executed the snipe in the most effective way possible. However, i do understand where you are coming from, which is not to say that i will always understand and it is not to say that i understand one hundred percent but i think i have a pretty good understanding about what you are attempting to say and therefore i believe i am correct in asserting that i do, in fact, understand what you are saying.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 7:51:54 PM
At 4/26/2012 7:50:01 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Well, I'm not really sure, in this case, or in others, (not that i'm ever really sure about anything - haha) but i think you get the point. Anyway, what i'm trying to get at is that I wasn't really sure upon reading, or now that i think of it, and while I think of it let me take a moment to catch my breath, the breath is important for continuing on in a sentence - as i'm sure you are well aware of, but, anyway, allow me to continue on -after reading your post, that you executed the snipe in the most effective way possible. However, i do understand where you are coming from, which is not to say that i will always understand and it is not to say that i understand one hundred percent but i think i have a pretty good understanding about what you are attempting to say and therefore i believe i am correct in asserting that i do, in fact, understand what you are saying.

CALL THE DOCTOR!!!!!

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 10:17:35 AM
How typical of your pseudo-political minds to insult and straw mann the real ideas that your good ol' Lilliputan brains cannot comprehend! What kind of ridonculous name is Oberherr? I assume that it's stupidity is clearly a reflection of your popcorn brain. Oh wait! It means "Overlord" in German? How oddly peculiar...It now seems to me as if the global, elitist, and imperialistic conservative toddlers now want to rule the world. But we will not let you! The common man shall free himself from the shackles that are nothing less than the brobdignagian Burgeoise! No longer shall your oppression be unrecorded and undocumented. Heil Hitler and Stalin!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 10:18:08 AM
At 5/4/2012 10:17:35 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
How typical of your pseudo-political minds to insult and straw mann the real ideas that your good ol' Lilliputan brains cannot comprehend! What kind of ridonculous name is Oberherr? I assume that it's stupidity is clearly a reflection of your popcorn brain. Oh wait! It means "Overlord" in German? How oddly peculiar...It now seems to me as if the global, elitist, and imperialistic conservative toddlers now want to rule the world. But we will not let you! The common man shall free himself from the shackles that are nothing less than the brobdignagian Burgeoise! No longer shall your oppression be unrecorded and undocumented. Heil Hitler and Stalin!

Oops. It appears as if I have constructed a Freudian Slip.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:47:43 PM
At 4/26/2012 7:50:01 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

+1

+1

GOOD EXECUTION
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:57:11 PM

I'm going to have to award LordKnuckle with best execution, by far.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 6:43:00 PM
INB4 Charles blames this thread on unfettered capitalism.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:18:53 PM
At 4/26/2012 8:52:09 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I am here to talk about a VERY serious syndrome going around, know as Charleslbinatis.

CLB, as it is commonly know, is a disorder in which the victim makes EXTREMELY long posts on forums, full of useless crap and such, for no discernible reason.

In fact, funny as it may sound, we have someone on DDO that suffers from this as well. He is know as Charleslb.

We need to come together to find out what other symptoms this disorder may have, and how we can fight it.

Hardy har har.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:20:24 PM
At 5/6/2012 9:18:53 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 4/26/2012 8:52:09 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Hardy har har.

This is not a laughing matter.

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:27:48 PM
At 5/6/2012 6:43:00 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Well, the mentalities being expressed here, that reflexively balk at and feel the need to ridicule my views and the way that I express them, are in point of fact those of individuals who have been inculcated especially well with the defensive false consciousness and free-market dogmatism that's systematically promoted by our capitalist-dominated culture and educational system. So no, it would not be that absurd to make a connection between this thread, the intolerant ideological mentality behind it, and capitalism. Btw, PARADIGM, you're welcome to rejoin my thread in the economics section on the bourgeois concept of "earning". I'd be interested in your responses not only to some of my recent posts there, but to the posts of that cuddly character sadolite as well. He's very anti-all of my views, but not exactly your sort of libertarian orthodox believer in an ideologically-airbrushed picture of the "free market" either. Yes, perhaps you might like to give both of us what for.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:34:08 PM
At 5/6/2012 9:27:48 PM, charleslb wrote:

Well, the mentalities being expressed here, that reflexively balk at and feel the need to ridicule my views and the way that I express them, are in point of fact those of individuals who have been inculcated especially well with the defensive false consciousness and free-market dogmatism that's systematically promoted by our capitalist-dominated culture and educational system. So no, it would not be that absurd to make a connection between this thread, the intolerant ideological mentality behind it, and capitalism. Btw, PARADIGM, you're welcome to rejoin my thread in the economics section on the bourgeois concept of "earning". I'd be interested in your responses not only to some of my recent posts there, but to the posts of that cuddly character sadolite as well. He's very anti-all of my views, but not exactly your sort of libertarian orthodox believer in an ideologically-airbrushed picture of the "free market" either. Yes, perhaps you might like to give both of us what for.

http://www.quickmeme.com...

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:04:30 PM
I think i may have stumbled upon another syndrome: Posting the main content of the forum separately from the conclusion, which OberHerr gladly demonstrated in the OPs.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:05:14 PM
Conclusion

the op has displayed symptoms of the horrible disease.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 4:01:51 PM
At 5/6/2012 9:34:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:

http://www.quickmeme.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:32:01 PM

Of course I am anti all of your views. I am an individual, I am a shovel.. You want to confinscate my wealth that I toil night and day for and give it to all the spades who will do nothing to earn it. I can't wait till you enter the job market and meet a spade.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 9:06:10 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:32:01 PM, sadolite wrote:

Of course I am anti all of your views. I am an individual, I am a shovel.. You want to confinscate my wealth that I toil night and day for and give it to all the spades who will do nothing to earn it. I can't wait till you enter the job market and meet a spade.

Ah yes, when people lack a good argument or defense for their benighted point of view they will sometimes resort to declaring that they are the superiorrealist. Essentially, implicitly, they admit and assert: "Well, I can't offer any good, conclusive, knockout arguments for my views, but nonetheless my views are better than yours because they're more realistic. And, if you don't agree with my views, well, this must mean that you lack sufficient life-experience to apprehend and appreciate their worldly-wisdom. Ergo, I dismiss you witout being able to refute your thinking." Thus and so people such as our friend sadolite manage to move through life unshaken in the conviction of the manifest superiority of their opinions, despite a complete and abject lack of ability to effectively argue for them. Lol!

(Btw, dear sadolite, pessimism, cynicism, mild misanthropy, and bigotry =/= realism.)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 9:37:37 PM
At 5/13/2012 9:06:10 PM, charleslb wrote:

Ah yes, when people lack a good argument or defense for their benighted point of view they will sometimes resort to declaring that they are the superiorrealist. Essentially, implicitly, they admit and assert: "Well, I can't offer any good, conclusive, knockout arguments for my views, but nonetheless my views are better than yours because they're more realistic. And, if you don't agree with my views, well, this must mean that you lack sufficient life-experience to apprehend and appreciate their worldly-wisdom. Ergo, I dismiss you witout being able to refute your thinking." Thus and so people such as our friend sadolite manage to move through life unshaken in the conviction of the manifest superiority of their opinions, despite a complete and abject lack of ability to effectively argue for them. Lol!

(Btw, dear sadolite, pessimism, cynicism, mild misanthropy, and bigotry =/= realism.)

Long winded vague generalizations=/= nothing
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 4:38:17 PM
At 5/14/2012 9:37:37 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/13/2012 9:06:10 PM, charleslb wrote:

Long winded vague generalizations=/= nothing

Ah, so you admit that my "long-winded generalizations" say something true and significant?! Well, "=/=" does of course mean "not equal", so, your comment "Long winded vague generalizations=/= nothing" is the same as saying that my "long-winded generalizations = something, something perhaps insightful and significant! Well, this little admission, even if it is a bit of a Freudian typo, as it were, is perhaps your first baby step, keep moving forward dear sad, keep moving forward to a more enlightened viewpoint that recognizes the validity of what I'm espousing in my threads. Yes, I have great hope for you, friend sad.