Jump to topic:

Straight - Edge [SxE] Debaters

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 4:19:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Well, I don't do drugs, and my drinking thus far is limited to probably less than a serving size over my lifetime, though it sure as hell isn't because of a desire to yell "YEAHHH, STRAIGHT EDGE!!!111!!!eleventy-one!!!!111!!!"
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 4:28:51 PM
At 7/29/2009 4:15:06 PM, untitled_entity wrote:
Is there anyone on this site who doesn't do drugs/drink?

Is there anyone on this site who does do drugs/drink?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 4:33:03 PM
At 7/29/2009 4:28:51 PM, Lifeisgood wrote:

Well, I don't know why don't you read the forums?
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2009 7:33:48 PM
At 7/29/2009 4:33:03 PM, untitled_entity wrote:

Well, I don't know why don't you read the forums?

Ooh. Yeah. That was a bit naive of me. Just followed your advice, heh-heh. I didn't realize such things were so prevalent.

I highly value my body and my mind, so I find it insane to do something that would endanger it. I stay very far from things like drugs, alcohol, even caffeine.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2009 2:26:05 AM
In other news:

It's a public duty in Ireland to get smash faced at 18. Hell, lots of teens go to clubs at 15 after their big exams. As for drugs, I never want to do, though they are tempting. And a big no to cigarettes.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 2:33:30 PM

well, if there are, i CERTAINLY don't know any of them, uh-uh. That stuff is ILLEGAL!

In Utah, straight edgers kinda have a "gang" thing (not as much lately, but). They beat the crap out of people for smoking or eating meat. i read an article about one of them attacking someone with a sword he kept in his car trunk. no one outside of utah ever seems to have heard about it though.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 2:34:31 PM
At 7/31/2009 2:33:30 PM, Chuckles wrote:

well, if there are, i CERTAINLY don't know any of them, uh-uh. That stuff is ILLEGAL!

Caffeine, nicotene, alcohol, aspirin ... those are legal drugs.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 2:38:44 PM
I don't fit in the category as you describe it. Given I'm bisexual, the very label is offensive anyhow. What's wrong with not being "straight?" Is being gay equivelant to being a stoner now? I guess that might be considered an improvement over the equation some make with being gay equivelant to being a pedophile or bestialist.

I consume large quantities of caffeine, I also take prescription-strength ibuprofen to keep swelling lumps (called ganglionic cysts) in my wrist in check.

You might dis and say 'I meant illegal drugs' ... but then, alcohol and nicotene are legal rugs.

'Not what I meant?' Try saying what you mean.
untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 2:44:21 PM
At 7/31/2009 2:38:44 PM, PervRat wrote:
I don't fit in the category as you describe it. Given I'm bisexual, the very label is offensive anyhow. What's wrong with not being "straight?" Is being gay equivelant to being a stoner now? I guess that might be considered an improvement over the equation some make with being gay equivelant to being a pedophile or bestialist.

I consume large quantities of caffeine, I also take prescription-strength ibuprofen to keep swelling lumps (called ganglionic cysts) in my wrist in check.

You might dis and say 'I meant illegal drugs' ... but then, alcohol and nicotene are legal rugs.

'Not what I meant?' Try saying what you mean.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Hold your horses. If you clicked to my profile you'd see that I'm gay. I don't find this term offensive in the slightest gay, bi or trans. It has nothing to do with orientation, at all. Read the wiki article.

I agree with you about the bestiality thing. However, the HRC [basically the only gay PAC out there] is so ashamed to even have gay in their name. So to be frank, we're not really people who should be talking.

I meant what the article describes. People who do not use alcohol or illegal drugs. I'm on meds too, buddy.

I had no idea that alcohol and nicotine were legal rugs.
I did say what I mean, read the article next time.
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 2:51:14 PM
At 7/31/2009 2:34:31 PM, PervRat wrote:
At 7/31/2009 2:33:30 PM, Chuckles wrote:

Caffeine, nicotene, alcohol, aspirin ... those are legal drugs.

yes, i know. I was being sarcastic; if you check my profile and see what the majority of my debates were about, you'll see.

:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.

:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 3:42:34 PM

Yes.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2009 10:11:14 PM
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Hold your horses. If you clicked to my profile you'd see that I'm gay. I don't find this term offensive in the slightest gay, bi or trans. It has nothing to do with orientation, at all. Read the wiki article.

Whether or not you are gay does not alter my point. There have been a number of persons publicly revealed to have gay liasons that I would have nothing to do with, and that they are gay did not alter the fact they made homophobic remarks I took offense to.

I'm a real butt about things, and using the term "straight" and making it out to be something superior to anything other to me reeks of a clever but unfunny double entendre. What would be wrong with the term "Illegal Drug-Free?" Not as sexy and not helping the homophobic mob?

What if someone decided to form a group describing itself as, say, dedicated to promoting the righteousness of America and maintaining a strong military, and called itself "White Might?" Would someone be wholly wrong to take offense?

I agree with you about the bestiality thing. However, the HRC [basically the only gay PAC out there] is so ashamed to even have gay in their name. So to be frank, we're not really people who should be talking.

I meant what the article describes. People who do not use alcohol or illegal drugs. I'm on meds too, buddy.

Again, I find an offensive entendre in the name and while I do not consume alcohol nicotene nor any illegal substance, the name of the group gives me too great a pause to associate myself with it.

I had no idea that alcohol and nicotine were legal rugs.
I did say what I mean, read the article next time.

Of course they are, and once in awhile you need to take them out and beat them with a broom to keep them clean in addition to legal. :P
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2009 9:43:20 PM
I agree with you about the bestiality thing. However, the HRC [basically the only gay PAC out there] is so ashamed to even have gay in their name.

What about... NAMBLA?
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2009 9:53:01 PM

Yeah, and you know what else is offensive?

http://www.folica.com...

http://www.asseenontv.com...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

All of those things which have the word straight in them yet have absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation are just so offensive, aren't they?
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 6:02:33 AM
I get sh!t faced every time I go to a party or the like. 4 shots of vodka right off the bat. It's only only way I'll enjoy myself. I think I made a post on here a day or so ago when I was drunk, I can't remember where it was.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 6:04:55 AM
At 8/3/2009 6:02:33 AM, s0m31john wrote:
I get sh!t faced every time I go to a party or the like. 4 shots of vodka right off the bat. It's only only way I'll enjoy myself. I think I made a post on here a day or so ago when I was drunk, I can't remember where it was.

I just got my flying pig in the mail! Hopefully the irrefutable proof of YEC will come some time next week.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 6:18:26 AM
At 8/3/2009 6:06:06 AM, s0m31john wrote:
Hey now. I've been going out every weekend since I got to UF. Clubbing, parties, etc.

Oh, you're that guy in the corner taking all the vodka. You're the worst at "Bring-yer-own" parties.

That however begs the question. Has a girl gone on you yet?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 6:19:58 AM
Hey now. I've been going out every weekend since I got to UF. Clubbing, parties, etc.

Last comment on Myspace was in May. Yep, loads of mingling going on there.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 9:28:55 AM
At 8/3/2009 6:19:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

People in college don't use Myspace.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 9:30:49 AM
At 8/3/2009 9:28:55 AM, s0m31john wrote:

Oh, really. What do they use? Everyonesspaceman.com?
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 1:56:25 PM
At 8/3/2009 9:30:49 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/3/2009 9:28:55 AM, s0m31john wrote:

Oh, really. What do they use? Everyonesspaceman.com?

Jesus, panda, lay off him. lack of myspace activity in some circles would be considered signs of an actual social life. Visits to this site would quickly get rid of that, but still.

PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 2:16:16 PM
At 8/1/2009 9:53:01 PM, Harlan wrote:

Yeah, and you know what else is offensive?

http://www.folica.com...

http://www.asseenontv.com...

All of those things which have the word straight in them yet have absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation are just so offensive, aren't they?

All of those are historic and not referring to straight/not straight being any question of behavioral deviancy.