Jump to topic:

LSD; also, nac.

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 2:03:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Potentially, I have the opportunity to acquire LSD for one round's recreational use. If there are any experienced users on here, I have a couple of questions:

1. What kinds of safety precautions? How would I tell, for instance, whether I have a pure product?

2. Tips for keeping a cool head/avoiding a bad trip? I've got the classical stuff, e.g., relaxation, close friends, but I want to be exhaustive.

3. Is there anything I should do to make the trip particularly good? Any specific music, particular room colors, etc.?

4. Should I take it with someone else, or only on my own? I've heard that it's useful to have someone else taking it as an anchor/source of empathy, but I'm unsure
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:35:33 PM
At 6/1/2012 2:03:55 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Potentially, I have the opportunity to acquire LSD for one round's recreational use. If there are any experienced users on here, I have a couple of questions:

1. What kinds of safety precautions? How would I tell, for instance, whether I have a pure product?

2. Tips for keeping a cool head/avoiding a bad trip? I've got the classical stuff, e.g., relaxation, close friends, but I want to be exhaustive.

3. Is there anything I should do to make the trip particularly good? Any specific music, particular room colors, etc.?

4. Should I take it with someone else, or only on my own? I've heard that it's useful to have someone else taking it as an anchor/source of empathy, but I'm unsure

It's beyond anything I would try; hallucinogenics scare me because of the complete lack of control. However, I would be interested in hearing about your experience.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:04:19 PM
Watch this:
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:04:44 PM
At 6/2/2012 7:04:19 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Watch this:

Specifically at the 15 minute mark.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:37:48 PM

Let me preface my advice with the fact that I never have taken LSD, specifically because I never wanted to have the experience of hallucinatory and mental effects of which I have very little control. If you haven't taken mushrooms, I would recommend you do that before taking LSD, as it may prepare you from some of the effects.

I have a few friends who have used LSD though, and I studied the effects and experience in college. The possibility of a 'bad trip' always exists and the perception of time changes dramatically, what could be merely a couple hours could potentially feel like significantly longer. A line from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" seems appropriate, there is always the chance of an endless introspective nightmare... There are also possible long term problems associated with the use of LSD.

I can't answer this. Only buy from someone you can trust, is always a good policy when it comes to anything you ingest. As far as general safety precautions, make sure you are with friends, at least one. This will assure that if you freak out, a friend can reassure you, or be able to provide a remedy, or get you to the hospital if necessary.

Friends are the most important thing. Be relaxed, and in a safe and comfortable place. Some people take ecstasy before taking LSD (also called candy flipping) to be sure they are in a positive mood before hand. Though the effects of this, like-wise has its own risk.

Listen to whatever music you like, something relaxing is preferred, but its up to you. Some people recommend techno-trance music, some people like really long jam band guitar solos, its a matter of preference.

It might create a better experience if you have someone else taking it with you to share some sense of empathy, but your trip will ultimately be personal. I'd only suggest there be at least one person sober around.

Good luck, be safe, and please share your experience.
Debate.org Moderator
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 7:01:40 PM

LSD is a very safe drug. It's very rare that you will get some that isn't "pure," so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

If this is your first time or you are inexperienced, I think the most important thing is to have at least one person around who is not doing it, but who has done it before and understands how best to deal with someone on it, in the unlikely case you have a bad trip.

The truth of the matter is, there is no way to know how it will affect you - a large part of the experience is learning humility, that you lack control. I personally prefer to take it alone, but I know others who like to share their experience with others. Either way, I think you are asking the wrong questions - figure out what music you are interested in hearing in a new way, or what you are interested in seeing from a completely different and surprising perspective. Those are the things you want to surround yourself with.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 9:49:14 AM
Well, it turns out that I did shrooms instead. It also turns out that my capacity to represent it in language is substantially smaller than I would like--perhaps too small for any of it to be sensible. I can represent it privately, to myself, so perhaps it isn't in principle impossible--but it's the most difficult, without a doubt. I couldn't expect what it would be like then, and I can't talk about it now, really--the only mode by which my brain could interact with the substance is through the direct having of visceral, unfiltered experience. But that's fine by me.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 9:59:48 AM
Lol everyone has that problem, at least I do. Our brain states under the influence of drugs is radically different than normal. But it's our normal brain states that we refer to to describe the world and communicate. When you're high as balls though that specific state or type of state is indescribable because it's contrary to the mindset we utilize to describe anything in the first place.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 3:20:54 PM
At 6/17/2012 9:49:14 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Well, it turns out that I did shrooms instead. It also turns out that my capacity to represent it in language is substantially smaller than I would like--perhaps too small for any of it to be sensible. I can represent it privately, to myself, so perhaps it isn't in principle impossible--but it's the most difficult, without a doubt. I couldn't expect what it would be like then, and I can't talk about it now, really--the only mode by which my brain could interact with the substance is through the direct having of visceral, unfiltered experience. But that's fine by me.

Well, I don't expect the feeling to translate. But at least tell us what you saw.
And how much did you take?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 4:42:17 PM

Omfg, great decision.

It was awesome, wasn't it??

Looks like everything inorganic comes to life, everything that gives off light becomes a kaliedoscope, and you're cumming for 15 minutes straight at times.

And the sky looks two feet away.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 4:43:01 PM
And the stars are in 3D.

And, if you eat when you get that little stomach ache about three hours in, you get a pretty nice second wave.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 12:29:24 AM
At 6/17/2012 4:42:17 PM, Ren wrote:

Omfg, great decision.

It was awesome, wasn't it??

Looks like everything inorganic comes to life, everything that gives off light becomes a kaliedoscope, and you're cumming for 15 minutes straight at times.

Wow that sounds like a fun experience. I had a nutmeg trip once and had a pure out of body experience, but it was weird and I slept for like a whole day. This other time I took two MDMA pills and it felt like when you're with a really hot chick you hooked up with and you're at that moment right before you come, except that feeling lasted for like 8 hours.
And the sky looks two feet away.

Alright, that tears it, I'm calling my good friend and getting some of that haha.
turn down for h'what
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 7:23:29 PM
Not my go mate. Every single person I know who has done LSD told me about their bad experiences first rather than their good experiences, which indicates to me that the bad outweighs the good.. My dad for example, says he took about 20-30 trips in his life time and had 2-3 good ones. That's 1/10 for someone who has a pretty similar tolerance for weed and alcohol to me.

The second-hand advice I would have given you was already covered by airmax.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 8:42:57 PM

The Fool: I oh I know the feeling. All to well.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:45:53 PM

Make sure you have 24 hours free with nice weather. Don't be under the influence of anything else except maybe marijuana. No way to tell if you're getting clean acid or a phenethylamine RC until around 6-12 hours after you take it.

Any time a bad feeling comes about just hum in a low tone with your eyes closed until your brain patterns are reset, it works nearly infallibly.

Take a walk through the woods, listen to music, have an instrument or some hands on stuff to play with, burn a fragrant candle or incense, have fruit in case you think you may be hungry, have writing or drawing utensils available.

Either take it alone with someone who is experienced or take it with another first timer.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:47:50 PM
At 7/3/2012 7:23:29 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Not my go mate. Every single person I know who has done LSD told me about their bad experiences first rather than their good experiences, which indicates to me that the bad outweighs the good.. My dad for example, says he took about 20-30 trips in his life time and had 2-3 good ones. That's 1/10 for someone who has a pretty similar tolerance for weed and alcohol to me.

The second-hand advice I would have given you was already covered by airmax.

I've probably taken 100 trips at least and never had what I would call a 'bad' trip but i have had negative reactions a few times.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 6:52:30 AM
I've never personally done LSD, but from what I've heard from others, it seems to be somewhat more prone to giving bad trips than the more natural alternatives. I'm not sure why that may be.

What I am sure of, however, is that mushrooms were the only pure hallucinogenic I have tried as of yet, and they were my hands down favorite drug in terms of the effects of the drug exclusively. I didn't hallucinate per se, but I experienced a really intense something.

I would not hesitate to repeat the experience, as it was great, even though it was lacking a perfect setting. I would also love to try the other natural ones, such as mescaline, and especially DMT -- which is basically the 'holy grail.'

I'm fairly sure I saw a study somewhere recently that confirmed scientifically what we already know, which is that mushrooms literally make/made people more open-minded. I think it would be safe to assume that the same effect could be procured from the other drugs in their class, and in the case of DMT and LSD, probably to an even greater degree.

The main thing regarding optimizing the experience though, with your attitude coming into it being a close second, is the environment. I would say it should be as safe, comfortable, relaxing, and sustainable as possible. By sustainable I mean make sure that you can stay wherever you are for however long you need to.

Those are the necessary components, and then you would most likely want to have your favorite mellow/trippy music, and any of the other necessary elements to do whatever you like to do when you're high on marijuana, for instance. Someone else pretty much covered all of those things already. Oh, which also reminds me, I would probably want to have some marijuana there too. lol
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 12:51:50 PM
At 8/12/2012 6:23:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'll take salvia as soon as I bother to buy some.

You will die soon.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 12:17:24 AM
This is exactly as I wrote it last night--no editing or revision.

T + 0:00 (11:45): Taken.

T + 0:30: A little bit of disconnection—no obvious physical or mental complications.

T + 0:37: A small amount of nausea, and a noticeable amount of disconnect. Pretty sure it's starting to kick in.

T + 0:52: I'm now feeling a little sick. It's pretty similar to being incredibly drunk, but without the blurriness or slurring. It's not particularly pleasant, and I'm hoping that it gets better than this. Currently, I'm reflecting on what all I've done that day. I've had a beer, I smoked a bit of cannabis earlier in the day, and I had a big sandwich after work tonight. I've thrown up when drinking after having eaten sandwiches like that, so it might just be the grease reacting badly to the DXM. I'll have to wait, see, and stay hydrated. Stomach also hurts a little. I'm hoping the naproxen hasn't reacted with this in a manner damaging to my health.

T + 1:00: This is most certainly a lot like being drunk. Including the nausea. For my first DXM trip, this is not nearly so pleasant as I had hoped.

T + 1:15: Nausea lingers. A little bit more dissociation. Not-moving seems to calm my stomach some, but the nausea nevertheless comes and goes. Hopefully it will subside before the trip peaks. One strange thing I've noticed is the time dilation. While I feel like I've been sitting around for some time, I've actually only been sitting here for about 15 minutes since my last entry. It would be nice if I had some marijuana or something to calm my stomach—no more beers for tonight, though—just to be safe. If it's only been an hour, I suspect I'm in for a wild ride. My only hope is that I don't throw up tonight. I'll have to do some research to determine the risk of vomiting on DXM.

T + 1:21: Nick and Emily just arrived home. This is going to be incredibly wild, because I have to give the appearance of sobriety despite spiraling into what I can only describe as some kind of weird anti-focus. I've read about this in other trip reports, so it's to be expected. Thinking (and typing) coherently is also becoming gradually more difficult. Nausea still present.

T + 1:30: This is definitely the opposite of shrooms, which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. My experience with shrooms is that you reach a state of hyper-focus. Everything crisper, brighter, more intense—it's like flicking up the contrast knob. DXM, from what I can tell so far, is a very "durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" high. It's numbing, disconnecting, etc. Not a fan so far, but I'll keep monitoring to look at visuals. When I let myself fall into the trip, I don't feel sick anymore. I'll try to keep this diary as best I can, but I make no promises once the real fun starts.

T + 2:00: The nausea has subsided. I'm starting to feel incredibly pleasant, now. It's a very mellow trip. What's troubling now is that I can't type. This is all a very strange business Now that Brett is gone, I hope I have what it takes to keep a handle on my mental activity. What is work going to be like tomorrow?

T + 2:35: Things are great. Just played some Smash—still won every match, but I'm nowhere near as skillful as when I'm completely sober. Additionally, it's strange—I get all of the stumbling and the head-spinning without any of the nausea. So, it's like having vertigo without actually being sick. This is a strange journey indeed. Moreover, I really enjoy the sound, look, and feel of the keys as I type.

T + 2:50: Nick is back. Everything is incredibly pleasant and peaceful. My mathematical/time calculation skills aren't particularly good right now, but I'm just sitting back and enjoying the trip. I'm concerned about Danny calling tomorrow and being upset, but what's the worst that could happen? I'm fired. Big deal. I can probably just find another job. Yet, the fact that I can't escape these constraints, even on DXM, is upsetting. Oh, well. I'll attempt not to think about it in this introspective, phantasmagoric mindspace.

T + 3:45: I'm incredibly glad I did this. The problem is that I can't speak properly, and, thus, cannot properly articulate my thoughts. Everything seems to have slowed down. I'm not sure how to describe this trip other than "nothing matters". It's incredibly level, and everything seems "just to be there". The strangest part of this is the blankness. It's so vanilla and objective and detaching—nothing really seems to have meaning. I mean, rolling a nihilism check already does that, but still. It feels like it's been forever, but it's only been about four hours. This is pretty incredible. I'm certainly thankful for time dilation. I'm sure I won't be thankful for it tomorrow at work, though.

T + 4:00: Well, I've gone four hours. This is pretty nice. I can't tell whether I'm high or tired or tripping or what, but it's not bad at all. I'm approaching from another angle this weird idea of Being as such. I'm not even sure if communication makes sense anymore. I have conversations, and I'm responding to a question posed by Nick, but I ‘m fairly sure that intramental communication is the only possibility at this point. Whatever I'm experiencing, it's pretty intense. Like camping. My hands itch and my upper arm (?) is experiencing a burning sensation. This is the ultimate desubjectification, almost. It's very intense, and incredibly awesome. If I wasn't so afraid of brain damage, I would most certainly do it again. And, accounting for time dilation, I am only four hours in!

T 5:00: I should go to sleep now. This has been one of the most interesting experiences I've ever had. Hopefully, I will be able to do it again sometime. This is a very potent dissociative. Flatulence smells bad, really bad, and… Pulses. Let me try another song. And my hands. I hope this isn't an allergic reaction to something. This is interesting. It's almost like *really* dancing with death. I keep clicking, hearing internally, and I'm sure that I'm not connected to the world anymore. How egocentric I am. Did I do something wrong? What went wrong? Nothing, to my knowledge. I should be perfectly fine. I'll sleep after this song ends. This trip is going to continue into the next day, I think. Let's hope it doesn't carry over into work. It would be kind of fun, particularly for dealing with my screw-ups. I guess we'll just have to see what the next day holds. This is a hell of a trip. The time dilation that this thing does is crazy, by the way. Everything is incredibly weird right now.

Post-sleep details coming. I'll type them up as I have the energy.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 1:15:06 AM
After going to sleep, everything peaceful and level about the trip was finished. I stayed up until around 5 AM, at which time I went through my bedtime routine and got semi-settled in. I couldn't really go to sleep, I discovered, because I was hallucinating. Not deeply, but I was hallucinating. With my eyes open, I could see faint shapes dancing around gently in my peripheral vision, spinning and swirling invitingly as if they wanted me to jump in and swim around with them.

When I closed my eyes, the visuals were crisper, cleaner, and more vivid. Suspended images and patterns of all different sorts soared and shot through my imagination, flickering and metamorphosing more quickly than I could keep track of, and multiplying more quickly than I can now articulate and recount to you. In addition to the visuals, I had tried listening to music. It was nothing to me. The music was incredibly slow, and I could hear only individual notes or lyrics, ripped entirely out of context and destroyed through mental nullification. I could, however, hear music the rest of the night. It's the same sort of thing that occurs when you play music in your head, except it impossible to control. Random songs, some of which I'm pretty sure weren't things, fluttered by in snippets. Reverberations and pulsating tones filled the room, and all of the mental activity tired me further. Eventually, I found myself able to drift off to sleep, free from the suspension between wakefulness and dreaming in which I had been trapped.

The sleep lasted about two hours, if I count from about 5:30. But, really, I'm not sure when I went to sleep, or if I ever really got to sleep at all. I regained a woozy, still-trippy consciousness around 7:30.

When I awoke, there was a certain taste in my mouth. A "trip taste", which I for some reason regarded as familiar, was the only thing in my mouth. All I could hear was some kind of weird, acidic dubstep. It was incredibly sinister, and very atonal--dystonal, if that makes any sense. It was combined with this bizarre, hair-raising scratching, almost like the tortured scratch of a needle of a record. I think that's a sound that dubstep music has sometimes, but it was incredibly awful. I don't know what happened to it. I awoke in a cold sweat, nauseous, almost no short-term memory, with hard shivers. All I could feel was some weird blend of terror and existential hatred. I couldn't go back to sleep--the visuals were more intense. The visuals were all awful, but weirdly vivid and crisp. I could see them as easily as I could see the real world. I could explore them, but I would return to whatever reality DXM had placed me in when I opened my eyes. If I opened my eyes, though, my ceiling would be filled with these weird, skittish black particles. I kept thinking it was a mass of spiders diffusing across my walls. Another recurring motif was some kind of malevolent snake which appeared periodically out of this black box suspended in the realm of my closed-eye visuals. He would say all sorts of awful things to me. He'd curse me, insult me, remind me of my shortcomings, call for my death, etc. Whatever everything before had been, this was the trip. And a bad trip it was.

In the real world, I was a mess. I couldn't sleep, much less think or speak straight. I spent my time divided between the bed and the floor, hovering the entire time around the trash, where I was certain I would vomit. I bobbed back and forth over it, generally unable to look anywhere or reach for the glass of water I had prepared for myself before sleeping without my entire body being seized by a paralyzing nausea which forced me to return to my former position (which itself was a mix of sitting cross-legged, squatting, sitting on my knees, the fetal position, and others). I was certain that I was going to die, that I had committed a fatal error, and, when I wasn't muttering useless incomprehensibles to myself and no one, I repeatedly questioned whether I lived and existed. The music continued the entire time, muffled or silenced only by some other horrible distraction. The room, painted in the diluted, cloudy light of 7:00 AM, came to be still more bleak when storms rolled in--storms which, for some reason, were of some slight comfort to me as I lay there shivering, feeling the constant urge to discharge most of my more disgusting bodily functions, and hoping for salvation.

I guess I somehow fell asleep around 10:00 AM despite the carnival of panic parading itself up and down the avenues of my psyche, because I awoke at some indeterminate time before 2 PM (my first text today is around 1:50 PM, but I know I was awake for a bit before that), and, while most of the symptoms had subsided, the shivers, disorientation, difficulty of sight and thought, inability to articulate, and paranoid attitude toward my personal Hell--complete with its skepticism of the reality to which I had partly returned--persisted. Being of only marginally sound mind (though I still overestimate), I got on my computer, reread some of the trip log, and got on the internet, including DDO. I tried to read an opponent's case as best I could, and I went through the motions of typing up a response that made no sense to me, and which I could probably have deciphered if only I had access to mental clarity! I knew the show had to go on, though, and, being a good little soldier, I went through the motions prescribed by my daily routine in the hopes that I could put myself on autopilot until the rest of the substance--and, hopefully, my existential dread and its compatriots--retreated into history.

Despite the mind-raping terror, I'm glad I had the whole experience--I learned a lot about myself, about substance use, and about exploring the frontier of one's own mind (even if what I can record and articulate is only a fraction of the private Inferno I traversed). I probably won't be doing DXM again--if so, not for a good long time--because I don't really need to. I took about 900 mg, which is a pretty good dose. I walked, crawled, and dragged myself through the tribulations of the experience it offered me. I hit memorable peaks, but was cast also into the valleys of death and stereotypical nihilism (the critics and lovers alike of my thought will know what entails). I'm wiser because of it, but at the price of having been mentally aged by it. I still wonder whether that's not only a down payment. I still hear the rumbling in my ears--the reverberations. Somewhere, there's still a snake hissing at me and wishing for my death. There's still corrosive dubstep blaring at me from every direction, only, it's on a frequency I probably can't detect without the assistance of Dex. I'm still getting flashbacks of dissociation and "trippiness", whatever that actually translates to. I'm sure those will subside. I also wonder how I'll sleep tonight.

Not bad for under $20.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 1:46:28 AM
At 8/18/2012 3:31:18 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
DXM last night/today. I kept a log for some of it, which I'll c/p here, and I'll also try to explain what happened after I stopped writing. I'll do it when I get back from work today.

Damn, I've done DXM like 3 times with friends (it was always a group trip) like maybe 1-2 years ago. That really brings back memories, and there's a slight chance I'll be doing another group trip in the next few days. How much did you take of it? What plateau did you reach? I wrote a story for erowid like 2 years but it never got published, and I probably still have it.

I also had no idea that you weighed that little. lol.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 1:49:08 AM
F*ck you took 900 milligrams? The most I've done was 300 (2nd plateau) I took 450 once but threw it up and almost died. Never doing that again.