Jump to topic:

Insomnia....

JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 9:07:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Light therapy - use low light as the time you wish to sleep comes around.

Cut out caffeine either entirely, or several hours (5, 6) before intended sleep.

Do not watch television or use the internet within an hour or two of intended sleep.

Heavy exercise during the day.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 9:09:07 PM
http://www.debate.org...

This is the thread in which this question has been discussed before. You can get some advice and analysis from there. I'm sure others will post here as well.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2009 9:17:14 PM
At 8/30/2009 9:10:59 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
Thanks very much bud.

Light Therapy means monitoring and administering the degree of light depending on the time of day.
Wikipedia:
Circadian rhythm sleep disorders

Chronic CRSD

In the management of circadian rhythm disorders such as delayed sleep phase syndrome, the timing of light exposure is critical. For DSPS, the light must be provided as soon after spontaneous awakening as possible to achieve the desired effect, as shown by the phase response curve for light in humans. Some users have reported success with lights that turn on shortly before awakening (dawn simulation). Morning use may also be effective for non-24-hour sleep-wake syndrome, while evening use is recommended for advanced sleep phase syndrome.

In short: use brighter lights during the early morning and during the day. In the evening, use dim lighting. At the intended sleep time, use no lights.

Google sleep hygiene. There will be plenty of websites with advice.
http://www.umm.edu...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 1:51:59 AM
At 8/30/2009 9:03:08 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
I can't sleep. I want help. Any advice would be much appreciated.

drink... a lot

nonono
go to the doc... i have it to... get something for sleep and stop stressing

i know it is easier typed then done.
untitled_entity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 5:01:37 AM
I have pretty ridiculous insomnia. My doctors put me on Rozerem but that didn't work, so then I was put on Ambien, which as a controlled - release (CR) is supposed to work much better, but it doesn't. If you're really getting frustrated, I suggest Nyquil capsules - they're the only things that work for me.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 4:35:23 PM
Few beers.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2009 6:57:50 PM
At 9/12/2009 4:35:23 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Few beers.

Yeah that and weed will usually do the trick for me, buts its costly. I'm sorted now anyway. Sleeping like a baby.