Jump to topic:

Insanity

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 10:43:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Has anyone else done this/doing this or thinking about doing this?

I just did my first day today and let me tell you - this is ROUGH. I'd like to think I'm in moderately well shape (I play basketball nearly 5 days a week and play football occasionally) but this just absolutely kicked my butt. :( On the other hand, I feel it's going to be really easy to drop the 10 pounds that I want to.

http://www.beachbody.com...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:35:26 PM
I've heard a lot about it, mostly good. I tend to avoid physical activity on general principle but I will start working out again next month. I don't need to lose weight, though. Is it a good training tool for building up?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 7:40:50 PM
I tried it. It was hard, I stopped. I'm not that much of a cardio person, and that's what it mainly focuses on. I just changed my diet and I've noticed a bit of weight loss just from that.
turn down for h'what
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 10:48:23 PM
At 8/7/2012 7:40:50 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
I tried it. It was hard, I stopped. I'm not that much of a cardio person, and that's what it mainly focuses on.

Insanity is really a case of "one thinks one can do it easily until one actually tries it"-itis. I really didn't have any idea how hard it was going it was going to be. I just finished the second workout but....good Lord, I wanted to quit, lol. I know it'll be worth it if I can stick with it, though.

I just changed my diet and I've noticed a bit of weight loss just from that.

What's your diet like now?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 1:53:08 AM
I did the first month of insanity twice. It's hard. And 1 day off a week isn't enough rest. Damn you Shawn T.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:47:29 PM
At 8/8/2012 1:53:08 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I did the first month of insanity twice. It's hard. And 1 day off a week isn't enough rest. Damn you Shawn T.

Word. I'm already starting to hate the inevitable "Dig Deep!!" lol

Is there any particular reason you didn't do the second month (if you don't mind me asking)?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 12:02:53 PM
Yep, my old @ss can still do Insanity. It's f*cking brutal, but my body actually adjusted to the stress. Now I do a hybrid between Insanity, P90X, and X2. I have 5 more weeks of this before I move on to AthleanX.

A word to the wise. You don't do Insanity to get into shape, you have to already be in shape or you won't survive. And don't do it if you want bulk up. It's to shred fat, develop cardio/muscle endurance, and tone muscle.

I would also advise getting rid of Week 2 for both months. Your body will adjust which will inhibit progress. I doesn't matter how brutal it is, 4 weeks of the same routine will stunt progress. It's why I need to create a hybrid workout.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 2:30:16 PM
At 8/6/2012 10:43:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I just did my first day today and let me tell you - this is ROUGH. I'd like to think I'm in moderately well shape (I play basketball nearly 5 days a week and play football occasionally) but this just absolutely kicked my butt. :( On the other hand, I feel it's going to be really easy to drop the 10 pounds that I want to.

I have the DVD's. I did the first month, and lost 30 pounds, and a ton of body fat. I never finished it because I got busy, but I am probably going to re-start. The first week is pretty hard, but after that you will get used to it, and it will become easier. Plyometrics are the worst though.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 2:31:13 PM
At 8/8/2012 1:53:08 AM, bluesteel wrote:

True dat. I really really want to finish it though.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 2:51:23 PM
At 8/11/2012 12:02:53 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Yep, my old @ss can still do Insanity. It's f*cking brutal, but my body actually adjusted to the stress. Now I do a hybrid between Insanity, P90X, and X2. I have 5 more weeks of this before I move on to AthleanX.

A word to the wise. You don't do Insanity to get into shape, you have to already be in shape or you won't survive. And don't do it if you want bulk up. It's to shred fat, develop cardio/muscle endurance, and tone muscle.

Lol, yeah. I thought I was fairly "in shape" until I started Insanity. :P The main reason I didn't do p90x is I didn't want to get all the equipment.

I would also advise getting rid of Week 2 for both months. Your body will adjust which will inhibit progress. I doesn't matter how brutal it is, 4 weeks of the same routine will stunt progress. It's why I need to create a hybrid workout.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 2:51:50 PM
At 8/11/2012 2:30:16 PM, TUF wrote:

I have the DVD's. I did the first month, and lost 30 pounds, and a ton of body fat. I never finished it because I got busy, but I am probably going to re-start. The first week is pretty hard, but after that you will get used to it, and it will become easier. Plyometrics are the worst though.

Did you diet as well?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 3:07:41 PM
Lol, yeah. I thought I was fairly "in shape" until I started Insanity. :P The main reason I didn't do p90x is I didn't want to get all the equipment.:

If you're in reasonable shape, you should be able to adjust by week 2. You'll also become hopelessly addicted to it. Eventually, though, you're going to have to move on. Cardio and plyo is great, but your body will adjust to ANYTHING you throw at it. That goes for any workout routine. Gotta constantly trick your body by introducing new workout routines.

Good luck, and DIG DEEPER!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 11:32:49 PM
At 8/11/2012 2:51:50 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Did you diet as well?

No.. Alas, dieting is my weakness. I love food too much to give up.. I tried, but to no avail. Greek yogurt and almonds, just weren't doing it for me ;-0

My body loses and gains weight pretty fast though. I just re-started today. Hopefully I'll lose some more weight!

How far are you into it?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 12:38:07 AM
At 8/16/2012 11:32:49 PM, TUF wrote:
At 8/11/2012 2:51:50 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Did you diet as well?

No.. Alas, dieting is my weakness. I love food too much to give up.. I tried, but to no avail. Greek yogurt and almonds, just weren't doing it for me ;-0

Haha, so you tried that meal plan/nutrition guide and it didn't work for you?

My body loses and gains weight pretty fast though. I just re-started today. Hopefully I'll lose some more weight!

How far are you into it?

I have just finished my 10th day (excluding the rest day). I believe I lost 4 - 5 pounds last week. I'm pretty happy with that.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 12:40:09 AM
At 8/11/2012 3:07:41 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Lol, yeah. I thought I was fairly "in shape" until I started Insanity. :P The main reason I didn't do p90x is I didn't want to get all the equipment.:

If you're in reasonable shape, you should be able to adjust by week 2. You'll also become hopelessly addicted to it.

I've found this to be true which is crazy because I generally hate working out for the sake of working out. I almost, like, a natural high after every ridiculous workout and it makes me want to do it again, actually.

Eventually, though, you're going to have to move on. Cardio and plyo is great, but your body will adjust to ANYTHING you throw at it. That goes for any workout routine. Gotta constantly trick your body by introducing new workout routines.

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck, and DIG DEEPER!

/ *shakes fist at Shaun T*
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 2:35:17 AM
I did the first two weeks of it, but unfortunately I started feeling a pain in my lower back after I worked out and thought it best to abandon the attempt until it goes away (also, free doctors appointment, NHS baby).
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 11:48:10 AM
At 8/17/2012 2:35:17 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I did the first two weeks of it, but unfortunately I started feeling a pain in my lower back after I worked out and thought it best to abandon the attempt until it goes away (also, free doctors appointment, NHS baby).

Were you making progress before you had to stop?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 12:42:48 PM
At 8/17/2012 11:48:10 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Were you making progress before you had to stop?

Yeah, I did the fitness test 3 times and improved a little each time. Though, really you can feel that it's working after every workout. :p
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 1:58:39 PM
At 8/17/2012 12:38:07 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Haha, so you tried that meal plan/nutrition guide and it didn't work for you?

It's not that it didn't work, it's just that I like to eat good food lol.

I have just finished my 10th day (excluding the rest day). I believe I lost 4 - 5 pounds last week. I'm pretty happy with that.

Are you addicted to it yet? It's one of those workouts that becomes insanely addicting, and you want to push yourself through even the most intense of work outs. It's really hard to just outright stop, unless you have too many outside factors like work or school interfering. Keep up the good work! If you make it to month 2, then good luck!

Make sure to take before and after pics.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 2:51:15 PM
At 9/11/2012 9:53:12 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
WHY IS THE SECOND MONTH SO MUCH HARDER THAN THE FIRST???!!!!!1111

Because your body has adjusted to the brutality. It's to prevent you from plateauing.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:12:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not that anyone cares but I finished 2 rounds of Insanity. I'm pretty proud of myself and there's no way I would've thought 6 months ago that I could do it.

I'm moving onto The Asylum Vol 1 on Sunday. This is gonna hurt. :(
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:51:33 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:12:49 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Not that anyone cares but I finished 2 rounds of Insanity. I'm pretty proud of myself and there's no way I would've thought 6 months ago that I could do it.

Wtfffff, I look like most of the before pictures!!! ***horrified***

I just can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on exercise plans.

I just run 30 - 60 minutes in an elliptical (13 resistance, 65 - 70 rpms -- equivalent to 4 to 7 miles), do 20 to 25 chin-ups (using that doorframe hookup, either ten - ten, or fifteen - ten), 100 pushups (40, then 30, then 20, then 10), and 40 to 60 curls (using 20 lb barbels in each hand, two or three sets of 20).

I eat fruit and veggies every day.

And...

...sigh. I look like the before pictures.

Wtf.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 8:32:59 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:51:33 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:12:49 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Wtfffff, I look like most of the before pictures!!! ***horrified***

I just can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on exercise plans.

Lol, this one was like less than a 100 dollars and I got it from my brother. I avoid the gym like the plague so I gotta get my intense work outs in one way or the other.

I just run 30 - 60 minutes in an elliptical (13 resistance, 65 - 70 rpms -- equivalent to 4 to 7 miles), do 20 to 25 chin-ups (using that doorframe hookup, either ten - ten, or fifteen - ten), 100 pushups (40, then 30, then 20, then 10), and 40 to 60 curls (using 20 lb barbels in each hand, two or three sets of 20).

I eat fruit and veggies every day.

And...

...sigh. I look like the before pictures.

Wtf.

Lol
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
SecretSoleil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 3:13:10 AM
Are you looking for a lifestyle change you can live with on a daily basis? Or just a faster trip to losing weight and toning or bulking? If you do not really believe you can finish this program; I would reassess why you chose this program in the first place. A quick fix? Better health should be a daily choice of what to eat that is good for me; how much exercise do I need to do to achieve, then maintain my health goal? How much time and energy can I put in to get the results I'm looking for? Are the results I'm looking for reasonable, or possibly a false self esteem booster? Where on my priorities list should my new health goal, fall? If I have higher priorities that come first, will I need to adjust the amount of time I spend on exercising? YET...maybe this program is the push you need, on your way to a healthier YOU! CONGRATS for even thinking in a healthier direction!!
SecretSoleil
SecretSoleil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 3:22:17 AM
Well, I guess I be a tad late..I did not realize these posts were from 11 months ago!! OOPS. Oh well, better late than never, I say. So by now, all you people on the program, probably look all lean and mean! LOL. I admit I feel 'sheepish' for the late post. I just joined debate.org today (7-8-2013)...that's my excuse!!! LOL. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
SecretSoleil