Jump to topic:

How often do you laugh?

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:57:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you laugh every day? I used to laugh more but now it's less than once a week, maybe once a month do I actually find something funny enough to have a good laugh at. I wonder if it's my age, the fact that I don't interact with friends as much, or something else.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 11:34:17 PM
I laugh fairly often. My girlfriend usually is the one to entertain me with her antics. Were both wierdos. If anybody here saw us act the way we do around each other, I don't think any of you would ever talk to me again lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 11:55:59 PM
At 8/16/2012 11:34:17 PM, TUF wrote:
I laugh fairly often. My boyfriend usually is the one to entertain me with his antics. Were both wierdos. If anybody here saw us act the way we do around each other, I don't think any of you would ever talk to me again lol.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 11:57:37 PM
I laugh every day but only when talking with someone or watching a show. I rarely laugh alone.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 11:40:06 AM
At 8/16/2012 11:34:17 PM, TUF wrote:
I laugh fairly often. My girlfriend usually is the one to entertain me with her antics. Were both wierdos. If anybody here saw us act the way we do around each other, I don't think any of you would ever talk to me again lol.

I think I want a girl that can make me laugh. That would be awesome :)
Beliefs in a nutshell:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 11:50:05 AM
At 8/16/2012 8:57:51 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Do you laugh every day? I used to laugh more but now it's less than once a week, maybe once a month do I actually find something funny enough to have a good laugh at. I wonder if it's my age, the fact that I don't interact with friends as much, or something else.:

Many multiple times a day, especially at work. We crack jokes constantly to divert attention away from how miserable our job really is.

You may be a little insulated lately, Rob. Hang out with more good-natured and light-hearted friends.

Laughter is extremely healthy for you. A laugh a day keeps the cancer away. Enjoy life, it's already short enough as it is.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 5:16:40 PM
At 8/17/2012 11:50:05 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Do you laugh every day? I used to laugh more but now it's less than once a week, maybe once a month do I actually find something funny enough to have a good laugh at. I wonder if it's my age, the fact that I don't interact with friends as much, or something else.:

Many multiple times a day, especially at work. We crack jokes constantly to divert attention away from how miserable our job really is.

You may be a little insulated lately, Rob. Hang out with more good-natured and light-hearted friends.

Laughter is extremely healthy for you. A laugh a day keeps the cancer away. Enjoy life, it's already short enough as it is.

I have been contemplating everything you just said here. I need to change something here, not quite sure what but I've gotten rid of FB and my cellphone to try and lower my stress levels. I need more interpersonal interaction, not online interaction... I'm not sure where to get it though, something tells me the bars aren't the answer but maybe it is because I don't see anyone anywhere else...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 8:07:30 PM
At 8/17/2012 5:16:40 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I have been contemplating everything you just said here. I need to change something here, not quite sure what but I've gotten rid of FB and my cellphone to try and lower my stress levels. I need more interpersonal interaction, not online interaction... I'm not sure where to get it though, something tells me the bars aren't the answer but maybe it is because I don't see anyone anywhere else...:

Wish I could help you out with that. If we were of closer proximity, I'd love to hang out with you. Even though we have different political beliefs, I think we have far more in common than not in common.

For some bizarre reason (and I don't know why) I get this feeling that somehow you, me, and Danielle will one day meet up. Never had that premonition about anyone else at DDO. Weird, but I hope that actually comes to pass one day.

As for a more current solution, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're from Rhode Island and moved to Green Bay perhaps a few years ago. Is that accurate? Maybe you haven't had ample time to really network and meet new and interesting people. I'd say immerse yourself in things you really like doing. You're bound to meet interesting people who share the same things you do.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 8:12:22 PM
Also, I was going to send you a PM, but apparently you're not accepting messages. Temporarily allow PM's and hit me up so I know when it's up, por favor.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 8:33:42 PM
At 8/17/2012 8:07:30 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:16:40 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I have been contemplating everything you just said here. I need to change something here, not quite sure what but I've gotten rid of FB and my cellphone to try and lower my stress levels. I need more interpersonal interaction, not online interaction... I'm not sure where to get it though, something tells me the bars aren't the answer but maybe it is because I don't see anyone anywhere else...:

Wish I could help you out with that. If we were of closer proximity, I'd love to hang out with you. Even though we have different political beliefs, I think we have far more in common than not in common.

For some bizarre reason (and I don't know why) I get this feeling that somehow you, me, and Danielle will one day meet up. Never had that premonition about anyone else at DDO. Weird, but I hope that actually comes to pass one day.

As for a more current solution, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're from Rhode Island and moved to Green Bay perhaps a few years ago. Is that accurate? Maybe you haven't had ample time to really network and meet new and interesting people. I'd say immerse yourself in things you really like doing. You're bound to meet interesting people who share the same things you do.

I've been in GB going on 16 years it's not a question of time... but yeah I need to get involved in more activities that's for sure.

I almost did meet up with you 6 months ago, but I had the unfortunate circumstance of meeting Alfonzo out in Austin the night before and I was shell-shocked from the experience... suffice to say I ditched my efforts of meeting any other DDOers on that trip!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 8:35:38 PM
At 8/17/2012 8:12:22 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Also, I was going to send you a PM, but apparently you're not accepting messages. Temporarily allow PM's and hit me up so I know when it's up, por favor.

OK it's changed I wasn't aware it automatically limited them, which I can certainly understand given how prevalent the love spam was on here.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:24:44 PM
Rob, you asked me about my trip to IL/WI this month. I have off until Wednesday, but I wasn't able to make the trip. Ironically enough Vi is in IL right now, which would have been the exact same time I would be... weird. But anyway, unfortunately my license is suspended for 2 weeks (DMV mistake + my negligence) so I'm kinda on house arrest or at the whims of other people to chauffer my a$s around, and suffice it to say couldn't visit. However I would definitely be down to meet up with you and PL sometime :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:25:56 PM
Anyway, I laugh every day. Something I find interesting (and kinda weird) is that I laugh to myself A LOT. I spend a great deal of time in my head. For instance while I'm walking from Penn Station to work, I usually listen to my iPod. I'll hear a song that reminds me of something my friend said (for example) and just crack the hell up as I'm walking. Now, I don't mind at all because in NYC nobody would think twice about it. But even at work, I'll be in the office just filing something or at the copy machine, and I'll just think about something in my head - something funny that I said or that a friend said, and I just LOL! I know people must think I'm weird if they notice. It really bugs me when I can't stop. The fact that I'm laughing at "nothing" makes me laugh more because other people have no idea wtf I'm laughing at. Most of the time I hope I'm at my desk while I smile, because then at least they'll think I'm talking to someone else. Otherwise I literally just laugh to myself because I'll remember something funny while I'm doing menial tasks and not talking to other people.
President of DDO
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 11:08:08 PM
Probably every other day. When I'm in Cross Country, or with family or friends, usually I laugh then when the time comes and there is actually something funny to laugh at. People amuse you, and that helps.

Sometimes on TV I laugh when the situation is humorous. Though, I am more serious than most people.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 8:51:16 AM
I think of laughing at inappropriate times, like at funerals. Because I'm thinking of the absurdity of actually doing it and having everyone stare at me with disdain, it starts a chain reaction where I have to fight not laughing. I lose that battle.

Here's a great example of it. I can totally empathize with the host
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:50:32 PM
All I have to do is turn and look at one of my co workers, that would make anyone laugh. Someone is always doing something retarded and messed up. Last Friday I look over and one of them has their hand caught in a belt sander. That was good for a long 3 or 4 minute belly laugh. Brought tears to my eyes it was so funny.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:18:39 PM
At 8/26/2012 9:50:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
All I have to do is turn and look at one of my co workers, that would make anyone laugh. Someone is always doing something retarded and messed up. Last Friday I look over and one of them has their hand caught in a belt sander. That was good for a long 3 or 4 minute belly laugh. Brought tears to my eyes it was so funny.

Lol, this. One of my brilliant coworkers just stuck his hand (protected only by a glove) into refried beans that are kept at at least 160 degrees in the process of trying to make a burrito, on purpose. Who knows what gave him the idea that it would be a good plan to do that.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 9:47:05 PM
I don't usually laugh when I watch comedians..

But I laugh a lot otherwise. Probably just about every day... usually from things of my own making, though Also usually only when I share those things with others.

I come up with corny, or Almost witty things, and tell others about them in painstaking detail.. Making sure they get it.
Makes me laugh, and I laugh funny (and it's usually ridiculously corny) so they usually laugh too :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 11:13:38 PM
At 8/26/2012 11:18:39 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/26/2012 9:50:32 PM, sadolite wrote:

Lol, this. One of my brilliant coworkers just stuck his hand (protected only by a glove) into refried beans that are kept at at least 160 degrees in the process of trying to make a burrito, on purpose. Who knows what gave him the idea that it would be a good plan to do that.

That same guy about about six months earlier shot himself in the knee cap with a air powered heavy duty staple gun. He was just walking around with it hanging down at his side and it bumped his knee and whamo. It went all the way in, all you could see was the little round part on the surface of his skin. We didn't laugh then but we all laughed when he was taken to the hospital to have it removed. What a moron. We all call him "Dewalt" now.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 8:40:07 AM
At 8/28/2012 9:47:05 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I don't usually laugh when I watch comedians..

But I laugh a lot otherwise.

Only some people make me laugh. I think Ellen DeGeneres is absolutely hysterical - and no - it's not because she's a lesbian, obviously. Very few movies make me LOL, but Bridesmaids was one of them for sure. So did Blazing Saddles recently (though admittedly I was blazing while watching, which may have had an impact...). Family Guy cracks. me. up. every night.
President of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 9:00:44 AM
Do you laugh every day? I used to laugh more but now it's less than once a week, maybe once a month do I actually find something funny enough to have a good laugh at. I wonder if it's my age, the fact that I don't interact with friends as much, or something else.

If I am on DDO for more than five min at a time, its basically guaranteed that I'll laugh at something. Sometimes it's at a joke. Sometimes it's at another user. Outside of DDO, I think I laugh pretty often, although I can't think of how often, it just feels like I'm at a point in my life where I'm generally happy.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:08:14 AM
I laugh a LOT. Everyday for sure. Maybe every hour. Even by myself. I find myself incredibly entertaining. My sister and I have a lot of fun with each other. Like last night, rather than turn on the Xbox, we "played" Just Dance 3 by humming the songs quietly and doing the dance moves together in the kitchen while my boyfriend and mom sat in the living room, completely unaware of our craziness.

Learn to lighten up. Sometimes it just takes acting like a kid. You have a lot more fun that way.
yang.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2012 1:14:11 PM
At 8/21/2012 8:51:16 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I think of laughing at inappropriate times, like at funerals. Because I'm thinking of the absurdity of actually doing it and having everyone stare at me with disdain, it starts a chain reaction where I have to fight not laughing. I lose that battle.

Here's a great example of it. I can totally empathize with the host

In de gloria was a pretty good Flemish sketch comedy show, when I could read it in subtitles. That sketch is one of my favorites.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.