Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Junk Food

carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:54:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
hi everyone, im new here and english isnt my first tongue :S .Anyway, what do you think about increasing the prizes of junk food in order to decrease the number of diabetics and the obesity.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How many tongues have you had? 0.0
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:59:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 9:58:04 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
i dont know if i wrote correctly but i speak spanish

OOOH. I'm learning spanish now. Lets be friends and teach each other.
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:02:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 9:59:38 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:58:04 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
i dont know if i wrote correctly but i speak spanish

OOOH. I'm learning spanish now. Lets be friends and teach each other.

ok :) but tell me why it wont work???
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:02:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 9:59:41 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:55:48 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
It won't work.

why would not work?

Fat people are greedy. They'll spend whatever for there oils and sugar.
Check out my debate http://www.debate.org... Its a bit off topic. But it talks about a few points.
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:03:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:02:39 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:59:38 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:58:04 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
i dont know if i wrote correctly but i speak spanish

OOOH. I'm learning spanish now. Lets be friends and teach each other.

give me an argument
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:07:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:03:10 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:02:39 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:59:38 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:58:04 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
i dont know if i wrote correctly but i speak spanish

OOOH. I'm learning spanish now. Lets be friends and teach each other.

give me an argument

Like What???
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:07:36 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:03:10 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:02:39 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:59:38 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 9:58:04 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
i dont know if i wrote correctly but i speak spanish

OOOH. I'm learning spanish now. Lets be friends and teach each other.

give me an argument

Like What???

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:13:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind

LOL Okay
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:18:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:13:04 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind

LOL Okay

You see,in my country there are informal markets that prepare food that has more calories than "junk food" so we will still have healthy problems because the increase of prizes wouldnt affect them
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:24:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:18:03 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:13:04 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind

LOL Okay

You see,in my country there are informal markets that prepare food that has more calories than "junk food" so we will still have healthy problems because the increase of prices wouldnt affect them

Oh i get what your saying. Well, would these informal markets be considered junk food as well?
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:31:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:24:05 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:18:03 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:13:04 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind

LOL Okay

You see,in my country there are informal markets that prepare food that has more calories than "junk food" so we will still have healthy problems because the increase of prices wouldnt affect them

Oh i get what your saying. Well, would these informal markets be considered junk food as well?

Sure, here the mayor part of the people doesnt eats mc donals or kfc because it is more expensive, they prefer informal markets that gives them a lot of food with "oil" (grasa) in a cheaper prize. I think that kind of food is cheap in usa
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:34:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
ahh price...here I was thinking bigger prizes in the cracker jack box so there wouldn't be as much carmel popcorn to eat.
But ya I don't want the price increased, I'm skeleton thin and while I can eat whatever I want I don't want to pay more for it.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:40:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
i agree with you, it is no my problem if people wants to eat without limits. we dont have to pay for the bad decisions of others.

The government says that the money will be used to campaigns to inform people about nutritional diets.
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:42:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:31:10 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:24:05 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:18:03 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:13:04 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind

LOL Okay

You see,in my country there are informal markets that prepare food that has more calories than "junk food" so we will still have healthy problems because the increase of prices wouldnt affect them

Oh i get what your saying. Well, would these informal markets be considered junk food as well?

Sure, here the mayor part of the people doesnt eats mc donals or kfc because it is more expensive, they prefer informal markets that gives them a lot of food with "oil" (grasa) in a cheaper prize. I think that kind of food is cheap in usa

Based on what your saying, when the price is increased people tend to shy away from the food. So that is one way to potentially decrease obesity and being overweight. And yes, McDonalds food is cheap in the US. Not sure about Spain. They have a dollar menu with numerous items, which probably causes people to spend for the food.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:42:08 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:31:10 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:24:05 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:18:03 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:13:04 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:09:43 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:

.. i think im getting confused. i have a different context in my country. Nevermind

LOL Okay

You see,in my country there are informal markets that prepare food that has more calories than "junk food" so we will still have healthy problems because the increase of prices wouldnt affect them

Oh i get what your saying. Well, would these informal markets be considered junk food as well?

Sure, here the mayor part of the people doesnt eats mc donals or kfc because it is more expensive, they prefer informal markets that gives them a lot of food with "oil" (grasa) in a cheaper prize. I think that kind of food is cheap in usa

Based on what your saying, when the price is increased people tend to shy away from the food. So that is one way to potentially decrease obesity and being overweight. And yes, McDonalds food is cheap in the US. Not sure about Spain. They have a dollar menu with numerous items, which probably causes people to spend for the food.

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:50:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think the government is acting like a father, when you dont want the child reach something, you raised. The government is trying to avoid the responsability of inform and teach the people, they are taking the easy way and also earning money
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:53:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?

I'm curious of this answer.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:54:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We had a foreign exchange student from Spain when I was in High School, she was back and forth for a few years and she'd gain some weight while she was here and lose it again when she was home. She would eat at the local ice cream shop like every day, I am only guessing Spain doesn't have near as many unhealthy restaurants per capita as the U.S.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:56:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:53:11 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?

I'm curious of this answer.

A Royale with cheese, you know why they call it that?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:57:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:54:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
We had a foreign exchange student from Spain when I was in High School, she was back and forth for a few years and she'd gain some weight while she was here and lose it again when she was home. She would eat at the local ice cream shop like every day, I am only guessing Spain doesn't have near as many unhealthy restaurants per capita as the U.S.

http://www.nationmaster.com...

If U.S. is highest on this list. You know something is wrong.
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:57:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:53:11 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?

I'm curious of this answer.

I forgot to say that im not from spain, im latina
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:57:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:50:02 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
I think the government is acting like a father, when you dont want the child reach something, you raised. The government is trying to avoid the responsability of inform and teach the people, they are taking the easy way and also earning money

Instead of a father they say the state is acting like a nanny, hence the term "nanny state"
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 10:59:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:57:18 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:53:11 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?

I'm curious of this answer.

I forgot to say that im not from spain, im latina

From where? I just went by your profile and I assumed Spain was more likely state to do this than Latin American countries.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 11:01:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:56:49 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:53:11 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?

I'm curious of this answer.

A Royale with cheese, you know why they call it that?

Why????
carmencita.salazar
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 11:05:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 10:59:54 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:57:18 PM, carmencita.salazar wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:53:11 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 10:49:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in Europe?

I'm curious of this answer.

I forgot to say that im not from spain, im latina

From where? I just went by your profile and I assumed Spain was more likely state to do this than Latin American countries.

Im from Peru. Here the government is corrupt so everyone doesnt believe in the increasing of prizes