Jump to topic:

My Body is Rejecting Fast Food =D

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 2:37:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I go away to school and they have a vegetarian meal plan. Because of that, I was forced to become vegetarian. Anyways three weeks in, only eating leaves and its accessories, one of my friends said he was driving to McDonalds and asked if I wanted to come. Knowing that I can finally have some chicken, I said yes. All I brought was medium fries, and a 5 piece chicken select. A quarter way through the meal I started feeling really sick and the food just tasted really disgusting. I just couldn't finish it. I gave the rest to my roommate. An hour later I vomited, then went to the cafe for a salad and some rice which my body took in nicely lol.

Anyways, has this happened to any of you. I'm glad it happened to me, cause I can't go to McDonalds anymore. Only problem is that once I go back home I know I will slowly start eating junk again. :/
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 2:48:17 PM
At 9/13/2012 2:47:33 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/13/2012 2:44:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
Try KFC.

I never did like life. Even before my vegetarian days.
kfc
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 4:28:28 PM
I know a guy whose wife had to become vegan for health reasons. This pretty much made him a vegan. After being a vegan for a over a year he said he couldn't eat ground meat (like hamburgers) without getting sick. I didn't really understand his reasoning but appearently ground beef has more pathogens than other types of meat. I guess your body has to build up certain defences in order to eat animals.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 2:07:33 AM
I've never had anywhere near a vegetarian diet, but you do 'reject' certain things after a while. Just a few years ago my family used to get fast food more regularly, and I would just accept it. It's not that I now don't accept it, but I 'notice' it, which I didn't before. If I try and have 2 very significant meals out (ie. go out to lunch with family, celebrate a birthday at night ... very rare though) I can feel pretty bad... I certainly don't feel like exercise!

Put simply, I think that one sort of acclimatises to what they eat to a point. That's why some people just don't realise what they're eating - they are too used to it.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 10:01:46 PM
At 9/13/2012 2:44:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
Try KFC.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO