Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anyone with any serious conditions?

s0m31john
Posts: 1,879
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2008 4:42:38 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I've got scoliosis, two curves in my back. The largest one it about 30 degrees and the smaller one it around 15 degrees. I'm getting free treatment at the Shriners Hospital, so hopefully they'll be able to do something. Right now I have to take two Aleve a day just for the pain.

This isn't supposed to be a sob story, just interested if anyone has any other more serious conditions?
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2008 6:02:20 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
"Being gloomy is easier than being cheerful. Anybody can say 'I've got cancer' and get a rise out of a crowd. But how many of us can do five minutes of good stand-up comedy?" - P. J. O'Rourke in All the Trouble in the World
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
s0m31john
Posts: 1,879
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2008 6:17:55 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 9/30/2008 6:02:20 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
"Being gloomy is easier than being cheerful. Anybody can say 'I've got cancer' and get a rise out of a crowd. But how many of us can do five minutes of good stand-up comedy?" - P. J. O'Rourke in All the Trouble in the World

I'll take gloomy seeing as it's my ticket to a ton of college money.
cardboardstereo
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2008 3:41:40 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I have gallstones. D: My grandmother had them...and her grandmother had them. I hope none of you do; the pain is quite excruciating most of the time. I have to get my gallbladder removed within the next month. Actually, I have an appointment with a surgeon this Monday.
I need a talent.
Zerosmelt
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2008 4:17:50 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Well to keep with the gloomy theme,

I personally don't have anything but i grew up with near-paranoia that i would get something bc my entire family has basically been killed off by a variety of diseases; cancer, aids, ALS, lupus, diabetes, dementia. etc.

when i was younger it made me intensely religious, but then you grow up and learn to stop feeling bad for yourself. You basically become an atheist. lol.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2008 3:23:42 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 10/7/2008 4:17:50 PM, Zerosmelt wrote:
Well to keep with the gloomy theme,

I personally don't have anything but i grew up with near-paranoia that i would get something bc my entire family has basically been killed off by a variety of diseases; cancer, aids, ALS, lupus, diabetes, dementia. etc.

when i was younger it made me intensely religious, but then you grow up and learn to stop feeling bad for yourself. You basically become an atheist. lol.

Ouch :(

Especially ALS and dementia x.x
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2008 8:52:27 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 9/30/2008 4:42:38 PM, s0m31john wrote:
I've got scoliosis, two curves in my back. The largest one it about 30 degrees and the smaller one it around 15 degrees. I'm getting free treatment at the Shriners Hospital, so hopefully they'll be able to do something. Right now I have to take two Aleve a day just for the pain.

This isn't supposed to be a sob story, just interested if anyone has any other more serious conditions?

My foot was asleep yesterday afternoon. I couldn't get over it.
scissorhands7
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2008 9:59:56 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
I do
I rock peas on my head, but don't call me a peahead, bees on my head but dont call me a beehead, bruce lees on my head but dont call me a lee head...
I hang out with an apple who loves self loathing....
Its my show I'm andy milonakis.
Im_always_right
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:15:46 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Uhh I am blonde does that count. Like this one time (at band camp lol) I was cooking up some hamburger and didn't feel like going to get something to turn the meat, so I grabbed it, with my left hand and the metel pot on the hot burner with my right. I had 3 blisters. Later that night I saw the water that had spaghetti noodles in it was in the kind of boiling state, so I stuck my /right/ hand in the water to see how hot it was.

I felt so smart explaining that to my mother.

Does that count as serious conditions?
Im_always_right
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:24:06 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Also I have pained joints in my hands ,feet and back mostly, and my foot falls asleep very easily. Xera thinks I have lupus, or RA, but IDK.

Has anyone ever had to do the tornado drill where you have to crouch and cover your head, for like 2 mins? That makes my legs fall asleep, along with my hands, I don't think that's normal.

Also I have an aunt with spinabifida, or however you spell it.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:24:39 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/10/2008 7:15:46 PM, Im_always_right wrote:
Uhh I am blonde does that count. Like this one time (at band camp lol) I was cooking up some hamburger and didn't feel like going to get something to turn the meat, so I grabbed it, with my left hand and the metel pot on the hot burner with my right. I had 3 blisters. Later that night I saw the water that had spaghetti noodles in it was in the kind of boiling state, so I stuck my /right/ hand in the water to see how hot it was.

I felt so smart explaining that to my mother.


Does that count as serious conditions?

Perhaps the most dangerous condition on the planet, in fact.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:42:08 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/10/2008 7:24:06 PM, Im_always_right wrote:

Has anyone ever had to do the tornado drill where you have to crouch and cover your head, for like 2 mins? That makes my legs fall asleep, along with my hands, I don't think that's normal.

Sounds like you have poor circulation. Do you smoke?
Dnick94
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:50:18 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/10/2008 8:47:59 PM, knick-knack wrote:
I sometimes lay awake at night listening to voices in my head. There are four of them.

Is that a problem? :D

Do you mean a medical illness, mental illness, sleep syndromes, dreams, or your creative imagination?
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
funnybrad333
Posts: 221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2008 3:53:23 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Admitting you have a problem is a sign of greatness.

Proclaiming you have a problem is a sign of weakness.

I choose to remain silent.
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2008 5:50:01 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
i have irishitis, which is a condition which provokes me to drink extensively, welcome people then punch them 5 minutes later, an unbridled love of stews, be able to smell a leprechaun 5 miles off and for some reason love to fight, from bony nuns to fat, balding middle aged men.

In all seriousness, only the first 3 conditions are true. The latter 2 are stereo types!

I have no conditions. I used to have trouble sleeping but I switch on some tunes and I'm away! I think I have a lack of concentration, or just boring teachers and boring subjects. Seriously in Irish class I used to space out for 20 minutes at a time.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 12:46:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I probably have a ton of conditions that I am currently unaware of, and I'd like for it to remain that way... :|

I do get prescription medicine for migraines though. I've gotten REALLY intense ones since I was 10 years old. They're a lot less frequent than they used to be after the doctor encouraged me to figure out my triggers. Now I have more of a handle on them, but they still surprise me sometimes and they hurt. like. hell. I usually get nauseous and throw up :-X
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 2:23:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 1/1/2009 12:46:47 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I probably have a ton of conditions that I am currently unaware of, and I'd like for it to remain that way... :|

I do get prescription medicine for migraines though. I've gotten REALLY intense ones since I was 10 years old. They're a lot less frequent than they used to be after the doctor encouraged me to figure out my triggers. Now I have more of a handle on them, but they still surprise me sometimes and they hurt. like. hell. I usually get nauseous and throw up :-X

Never heard of nausea induced by migraines, ouch. I know a guy that gets migraines when he eats chocolate, all because his sister whacked him in the head with a shoe when he was a baby. True that
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:22:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have asthma and the inability to have common sense... like the time I tried to slide down my stairs in box. It flipped and I rolled down broke the wall on my head when I landed, got a concussion, and broke both my ankles. Or the time I was playing football and sprinted head on to catch a ball but got flattened by a fence which I then had marks all over my face for a week. There was the time I climbed a tree and tried to jump down over a fence from 20 feet up or so and broke my ankle and both wrists. Finally there was the time I tried to belly flop from the high board for 5 bucks and I knocked my breath out and had a sore front side for a week. But besides that... nope nothing.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:39:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 1/1/2009 4:22:25 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
I have asthma and the inability to have common sense... like the time I tried to slide down my stairs in box. It flipped and I rolled down broke the wall on my head when I landed, got a concussion, and broke both my ankles. Or the time I was playing football and sprinted head on to catch a ball but got flattened by a fence which I then had marks all over my face for a week. There was the time I climbed a tree and tried to jump down over a fence from 20 feet up or so and broke my ankle and both wrists. Finally there was the time I tried to belly flop from the high board for 5 bucks and I knocked my breath out and had a sore front side for a week. But besides that... nope nothing.

I believe you just described retardation lol.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2009 1:07:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I ride the short bus cuz I'm special!!!
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
DiablosChaosBroker
Posts: 1,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 10:31:04 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 1/1/2009 4:22:25 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
I have asthma and the inability to have common sense... like the time I tried to slide down my stairs in box. It flipped and I rolled down broke the wall on my head when I landed, got a concussion, and broke both my ankles. Or the time I was playing football and sprinted head on to catch a ball but got flattened by a fence which I then had marks all over my face for a week. There was the time I climbed a tree and tried to jump down over a fence from 20 feet up or so and broke my ankle and both wrists. Finally there was the time I tried to belly flop from the high board for 5 bucks and I knocked my breath out and had a sore front side for a week. But besides that... nope nothing.

Ouch! This seems very serious to me. :D
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2009 8:14:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago

Never heard of nausea induced by migraines, ouch. I know a guy that gets migraines when he eats chocolate, all because his sister whacked him in the head with a shoe when he was a baby. True that

Yep, I actually threw up yesterday because of a huge migraine I woke up with. I'm not sure how they relate, exactly, but it's true!
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2009 8:22:37 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Yep, I actually threw up yesterday because of a huge migraine I woke up with. I'm not sure how they relate, exactly, but it's true!

Had you been smoking dope by any chance?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2009 8:31:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 1/5/2009 8:25:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Unfortunately not :(

That's why you have a headache and feel nauseous. It's caused by stress. Smoking a joint will alleviate your tension and anxiety and make your headache go away. Probably.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2009 8:34:55 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Oh Brian, don't I know it!

I would LOVE to take your advice; however, my stress is being caused by my roommate who is in jail right now... I'm in the process of trying to post her bail... hence I'm broke, hence I can't buy any pot ;(
President of DDO