Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

AIDS Question

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 7:05:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 6:54:23 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
What are the Pros and Cons of contracting AIDS?

How interesting!
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 7:57:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Pros-
1) Simpathy sex from random women who don't know what AIDS is.
2) Don't have to worry about contracting HIV, you already have AIDS!
3) You can now be a justified germaphobe
4) You can now blow off sex with ugly people, or your spouse (Just say you have AIDS)
5) Magic Johnson will make his famous "money smoothie" For you that temporarily makes having AIDS not that bad.
6) There is no god. Atheism is justified.
7) Having intercourse with other mammalian species is justifiable.

Cons-
1) You have AIDS
2) YOU HAVE AIDS
3) YOU HAVE aids?!?!?!
4) WTF IS AiDS??!@?
5) You enter the whole "Am i gay/lesbian?" Process which begins with
A) Denial
B) Acceptance
C) Panic
D) Suicidal Thoughts
E) Acceptance again
F) aww FVCK IT IM NOT GAY, I'M JUST DYING

PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 9:40:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/23/2012 7:57:56 PM, Chicken wrote:

5) Magic Johnson will make his famous "money smoothie" For you that temporarily makes having AIDS not that bad.

Magic Johnson never had AIDS, and no longer has HIV.

As it turns out, money smoothies cure cancer, as well.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 9:44:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 9:40:50 PM, Ren wrote:
At 9/23/2012 7:57:56 PM, Chicken wrote:

5) Magic Johnson will make his famous "money smoothie" For you that temporarily makes having AIDS not that bad.

Magic Johnson never had AIDS, and no longer has HIV.

As it turns out, money smoothies cure cancer, as well.

Well, sorry, apparently, it's asserted that he still technically has the virus, but it's "undetectable" (I personally don't believe it; I believe there is a cure that's simply unattainable by those who aren't obscenely rich).
Noradrenergic
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:30:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 9:44:57 PM, Ren wrote:
At 9/27/2012 9:40:50 PM, Ren wrote:
At 9/23/2012 7:57:56 PM, Chicken wrote:

5) Magic Johnson will make his famous "money smoothie" For you that temporarily makes having AIDS not that bad.

Magic Johnson never had AIDS, and no longer has HIV.

As it turns out, money smoothies cure cancer, as well.

Well, sorry, apparently, it's asserted that he still technically has the virus, but it's "undetectable" (I personally don't believe it; I believe there is a cure that's simply unattainable by those who aren't obscenely rich).

There is a cure, bone marrow transplant from a donor with the mutant CCR5 gene which confers resistance of HIV virus. Sounds painful, expensive, and dangerous. What % of bone marrow transplant patients survive?

Other than that, no one is hiding anything.
Noradrenergic
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:33:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"In 2007 and 2008, a man being treated by Gero H"tter was cured of HIV by repeated Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (see also Allogeneic stem cell transplantation, Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation, Allotransplantation) with double-delta-32 mutation which disables the CCR5 receptor; this cure was not completely accepted by the medical community until 2011.[43] This cure required complete ablation of existing bone marrow which is very debilitating."

- Wikipedia

Source:

http://nymag.com...
Talha123
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 11:11:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
From the last 15 years research in HIV/AIDS have been moving at a fast pace. Today, we have identified a lot of different things about the HIV virus and the research and knowledge is constantly advancing with a steady increase in the speed. However, for now there is still no effective or proven cure for HIV/AIDS. Till date, no vaccine has been developed that is scientifically proven to cure HIV/AIDS.

Scientists are constantly researching about the HIV virus in order to find out a cure for this disastrous virus. Although they haven"t yet found a reliable cure but there are many medications and treatments available to improve the quality of life of people suffering from HIV/AIDS. Read more here http://healthdocpoint.com...