Jump to topic:

Heart-Healthy Diet, Heart Damaging Disease

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 1:06:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tonight, on Nova, this episodes theme was about a man who died five-thousand years ago and was mummified under thousands of tons of ice. As scientists studied the mummy, they realised the man suffered from which are called modern diseases or diseases of civilization; diseases scientists believed were distinct to the last 150 to 200 years and only found in industrialized societies, namely heart disease and arteriosclerosis.

The man lived a very active life and subsisted on lean protein and fibrous grains; A diet the American Heart Association claims is ideal for the avoidance of heart disease and arteriosclerosis.
santhony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:09:15 PM
At 10/31/2012 4:06:59 AM, venumssi wrote:
No other animal get such diseases, most of the diseases especially heart problems are created by themselves.
Oil foods, Non-veg-foods and HDL cholesterol foods are source of heart diseases.
Tension, anxiety, pressure are increase heart problems.
At least they control their diet, most of the cases prevent chronic diseases.

I can see you're not very familiar with veterinarian medicine. I use to work as a pharmacy tech, at a veterinarian pharmacy; we would get countless prescriptions for cats, dogs, and horses suffering from everything from hypothyroidism to diabetes.

Inuit diets, which are extremely high in saturated animal fats, are indicated in very low rates of heart disease, among Inuit tribes.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:17:32 AM
At 11/9/2012 5:37:52 AM, ennajohn wrote:
The Ashy Bines Bikini Body Challenge has completely changed my life, not just physically but mentally as well. I am happier, healthier and fitter than I have ever been! I have attempted "health kicks" time after time in the past, failing every time, but I made it through the 12 week challenge without missing a single session and loved it that much I signed straight up for the next one! Ashy, Steve & Millie are fantastic trainers; they really know what they are talking about and are passionate about getting results. It's obvious that it's not about the money for them, they do what they do because they want to help people and it shows in every aspect of their work! The constant support I have received throughout the challenge is amazing, it really kept me motivated and on track and made me feel like they really care. Initially I was concerned that being such a large group, I wouldn't get that close attention that you really want when you are training and trying to improve but that certainly wasn't the case. The 3 trainers make sure that everyone gets the attention and motivation they need and are always there to help anyone that needs it! The way the sessions are set up ensures that all concerns are tailored for when it comes to exercise. One of the biggest positives is that it's all females in the group, the sessions are varied and aimed at females and what our major concerns are the way males and females lose weight/tone up is completely different, the trainers know this and focus on what WE need and the results really do show that they know there stuff! The other thing I really loved is how the trainers took the time to explain the nutritional side of things and how certain foods affect your progress when you understand the science behind things it makes it a lot easier to make smart and educated decisions. I now feel confident in my food choices. The best thing I ever did for myself was join the Ashy Bines Bikini Body Challenge, I now have confidence that I have never had and it has had a positive effect in every aspect of my life! It's no longer a "challenge" but a way of life for me now. Thank you SO much for showing me this amazing, healthy and active lifestyle and for helping me achieve and do things I never thought possible.

I'm happy for your success, and I wish you a long healthy life.

However, please, do not put too much faith in diet and exercise or make a religion out of any one regimen. Some diets seem to work for some people, while leaving others disappointed. The health crazed fitness world is replete with anecdotal stories of how it is one diet is more effective and produces more results than the others. Yet, the fact remains diets fail to stand up to scientific scrutiny. Only about 20% of dieters lose weight and keep it off for good.

I believe the goal should not be weight loss but overall health, and stress has played a greater role in sickness and disease than one's diet. Whether physiological or emotional, stress promotes the accumulation of visceral fat, by raising levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the body; and, visceral fat has been found a greater predictor of degenerative diseases than adiposity.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:31:57 PM
Exercise + plenty of vegetables + no smoking + no alcohol. There are so many factors that could possibly influence one's health. Exercise, for example, may lower the risk of heart disease, but may never prevent it.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 12:14:30 PM
At 10/25/2012 1:06:59 AM, s-anthony wrote:
Tonight, on Nova, this episodes theme was about a man who died five-thousand years ago and was mummified under thousands of tons of ice. As scientists studied the mummy, they realised the man suffered from which are called modern diseases or diseases of civilization; diseases scientists believed were distinct to the last 150 to 200 years and only found in industrialized societies, namely heart disease and arteriosclerosis.

The man lived a very active life and subsisted on lean protein and fibrous grains; A diet the American Heart Association claims is ideal for the avoidance of heart disease and arteriosclerosis.

Can you post a link about this man that was under ice?
Me
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 1:12:53 PM
What interests me is the DNA... How much is has not changed.... The only thing they could come up with is the lactose gene.... but that gene is still present today. What I'm saying is I've always believed in evaluation, but here lately I have major doubts. Before they believed that we would see much more change in 5000 years, but that is not the case now. Now he says, "well we cant expect much in 5000 years"..... what makes them think another 5000 years people would be different then this guy. With this you can still have evaluation but not at the scale as they are putting off.
Me
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:14:56 PM
At 11/19/2012 1:12:53 PM, yoda878 wrote:
What interests me is the DNA... How much is has not changed.... The only thing they could come up with is the lactose gene.... but that gene is still present today. What I'm saying is I've always believed in evaluation, but here lately I have major doubts. Before they believed that we would see much more change in 5000 years, but that is not the case now. Now he says, "well we cant expect much in 5000 years"..... what makes them think another 5000 years people would be different then this guy. With this you can still have evaluation but not at the scale as they are putting off.

5000 years is nothing for evolution- especially for a species that can mould the environment to their liking.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Steadfast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 10:26:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Diets which help to control the cholesterol level are the best for the healthy heart.
Raw veggies diets such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains etc. are more important to improve the heart health.
Water diet such as fresh fruits juices, green vegetables soups, green tea, coffee, and fish oil etc. are also helpful to maintain the heart health.
Steadfast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 11:10:23 PM
At 4/8/2013 10:26:47 AM, Steadfast wrote:
Diets which help to control the cholesterol level are the best for the healthy heart.
Raw veggies diets such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains etc. are more important to improve the heart health.
Water diet such as fresh fruits juices, green vegetables soups, green tea, coffee, and fish oil etc. are also helpful to maintain the heart health.

Any comment?

http://www.bootcampmaitland.com.au... Fitness Maitland
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 9:35:30 PM
At 4/8/2013 10:26:47 AM, Steadfast wrote:

Even though I believe the foods you mentioned are beneficial, I find through personal experience the mantra, "One size fits all," does not apply to good health. We are not merely empty receptacles that reflect in a universal way the same responses to like stimuli. Yet, we are genetically diverse with various genetic markers that determine our biochemical responses to that which we consume. If a blanket prescription for health and exercise were all that is needed, there would be no reason for debate.
veebrij15456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 4:10:55 AM
Natural wear and tear to blood vessels makes it easier for fatty cholesterol to leak in and get stuck to the artery walls. This build-up causes the arteries to narrow, reducing the heart's ability to pump blood through them to the body. If they become completely blocked, it will cause a heart attack or a stroke if the blockage occurs in the brain's blood vessels.
-------------------
WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION
veebrij15456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 4:11:52 AM
At 4/22/2013 4:10:55 AM, veebrij15456 wrote:
Natural wear and tear to blood vessels makes it easier for fatty cholesterol to leak in and get stuck to the artery walls. This build-up causes the arteries to narrow, reducing the heart's ability to pump blood through them to the body. If they become completely blocked, it will cause a heart attack or a stroke if the blockage occurs in the brain's blood vessels.
-------------------
[url=http://www.ezdia.com...] WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION [/url]
veebrij15456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 4:13:50 AM
----------------------
veebrij15456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 4:15:09 AM
At 4/22/2013 4:13:50 AM, veebrij15456 wrote:
----------------------
Alonso21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2013 1:09:23 PM
You have written a very useful thing heart is like the most important part of our body after brain ways to keep it away from diseases is necessary for everyone to know.This article is no doubt useful and we should have that kinda awareness.
Alonso21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2013 10:42:34 AM
At 4/26/2013 1:09:23 PM, Alonso21 wrote:
You have written a very useful thing heart is like the most important part of our body after brain ways to keep it away from diseases is necessary for everyone to know.This article is no doubt useful and we should have that kinda awareness.