Jump to topic:

Carbohydrates versus Nicotine

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 6:29:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm on the fad slow-carb diet. I hate the word fad but it doesn't mean "no workee" it means "media-attention". Basically it means I've cut all grains and sugar out of my diet, replacing them with protein and 'good' fats (legumes, vegetables, meat). Additionally I get one day off a week to spike my blood sugar and prevent my body going into starvation mode.

As someone who also recently quit smoking cold turkey, I can tell you without a doubt that withdrawing from High-GI carbs is worse than withdrawing from nicotine. Fvck I feel weird. Not completely sh!t but just weird, almost the symptoms of a flu.

What say you, DDO?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 8:21:58 PM
Is this just to lose weight? I don't know much about diets
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:26:27 AM
At 11/6/2012 6:29:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm on the fad slow-carb diet. I hate the word fad but it doesn't mean "no workee" it means "media-attention". Basically it means I've cut all grains and sugar out of my diet, replacing them with protein and 'good' fats (legumes, vegetables, meat). Additionally I get one day off a week to spike my blood sugar and prevent my body going into starvation mode.

As someone who also recently quit smoking cold turkey, I can tell you without a doubt that withdrawing from High-GI carbs is worse than withdrawing from nicotine. Fvck I feel weird. Not completely sh!t but just weird, almost the symptoms of a flu.

What say you, DDO?
I think changing diets always feels this way. I felt the same way when I first became a vegetarian.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:06:54 AM

What say you, DDO?

I say throw the slow carb diet in the trash for now! You feel sluggish and crappy becouse you might not be in ketosis. I you are not in ketosis or getting enough crabs your brain and heart can't function properly. Get some keto sicks form the parphecy there like five dollars. You can test your urine to see if you are in ketosis. It takes me usually one full day of low carbs then the next day Ill test positive.

You can do the some thing you are doing, just cut the legumes. You can still do Ice baths if you are doing those one the slow carb or 5 hr body. I dont really like this diet besouse of this. Your body has to either run on carb/ glucose or Fat/ketones. Slow carb keeps you in the middle of this without ever reaping the full benefits of ketosis. Ketosis is so good for you! I feel amazing once i start testing positive!

Do some reacharch I'll share some videos with you but do your own research.

http://www.debate.org...
Me
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 4:26:35 PM
At 11/9/2012 9:06:54 AM, yoda878 wrote:

What say you, DDO?

I say throw the slow carb diet in the trash for now! You feel sluggish and crappy becouse you might not be in ketosis. I you are not in ketosis or getting enough crabs your brain and heart can't function properly. Get some keto sicks form the parphecy there like five dollars. You can test your urine to see if you are in ketosis. It takes me usually one full day of low carbs then the next day Ill test positive.

You can do the some thing you are doing, just cut the legumes. You can still do Ice baths if you are doing those one the slow carb or 5 hr body. I dont really like this diet besouse of this. Your body has to either run on carb/ glucose or Fat/ketones. Slow carb keeps you in the middle of this without ever reaping the full benefits of ketosis. Ketosis is so good for you! I feel amazing once i start testing positive!

Week two and I'm feeling so much better, completely back to normal. The carb crash (also known as Atkin's Flu) has passed. I wasn't eating enough legumes or drinking enough water. Losing 500g+ a day with no extra exercise.

Can't wait until Saturday though. Toasted cheese sandwich for breakfast, noodles for lunch and Buffalo wings and baked potatoes for dinner. Mmmmm....

Muh threads
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:41:17 AM
At 11/13/2012 4:26:35 PM, tvellalott wrote:

What say you, DDO?

Week two and I'm feeling so much better, completely back to normal. The carb crash (also known as Atkin's Flu) has passed. I wasn't eating enough legumes or drinking enough water. Losing 500g+ a day with no extra exercise.

Can't wait until Saturday though. Toasted cheese sandwich for breakfast, noodles for lunch and Buffalo wings and baked potatoes for dinner. Mmmmm....

You will start all over again. I choose to not eat as many crabs (20 or 30 a day form veggies only and no legumes) then the atkins flu last one day for me and the next day I feel awesome better then normal. Also coconut oil will help you better threw the flu period because it has ketones in it. (MTC oils)

Tell me, are you doing the ice baths? I just ask because you said you were doing the slow carb diet and they talk so much about ice baths in the 5 hour body book.
Me
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:49:32 PM
At 11/15/2012 9:41:17 AM, yoda878 wrote:
At 11/13/2012 4:26:35 PM, tvellalott wrote:

What say you, DDO?

You will start all over again. I choose to not eat as many crabs (20 or 30 a day form veggies only and no legumes) then the atkins flu last one day for me and the next day I feel awesome better then normal. Also coconut oil will help you better threw the flu period because it has ketones in it. (MTC oils)

Tell me, are you doing the ice baths? I just ask because you said you were doing the slow carb diet and they talk so much about ice baths in the 5 hour body book.

Nope. I don't use the PAGG stack either. I do drink ice cold water when you I wake up though.
I've lost 7kg so far. If it slows down I will look at the extra things.

Muh threads