Jump to topic:

Depressed?

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 7:28:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I am having these feelings that I need help understanding.

I've been really tired lately and my brain just hasn't been functioning. For the past week I have had little motivation to do anything. I'm in college and had a few essays due and I just had no energy to even think about doing it. I normally don't procrastinate, but if I do I at least get my things done on time. Well anyways, it is past the due date for a few essays and I just didn't bother doing them since I have A's in those classes.

Today I was extremely tired and have been just exhausted all day. I woke up late and was tired in my first class. During my first spare I went back to my room to sleep and missed my next two classes, first time I skipped. I actually slept from 11:00 in the morning till about 4:00 this evening, waking up ten minutes here and there. While I was sleeping I had no energy to even change my position. It was as if I was just frozen in bed which kind of scared me, because I was noticing my breathing slowing and was trying really hard to get up.

Well, I tried to do my homework for today, again no energy so I didn't bother. My head has this pain and I feel like I'm not thinking straight. I'm always lost in thought and I'm still tired.

Physically, my muscles hurt. My legs are week, probably from being in bed all day. There is this sharp pain at the side of my head and I feel really like sick, like I'm dying.

What is happening to me?!! I hate feeling this way and I want to get back on track with school. Am I depressed? If so, why? I don't feel suicidal, just extremely out of it.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 8:42:21 PM
At 11/19/2012 8:34:03 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You might have a bug. :/ Go see a doctor.

That'w what I'm planning on doing tomorrow. My thanksgiving break starts tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to rest for a bit and get my mind pumping again because how I feel is beyond strange.

I just hope something serious isn't happening to me.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 8:43:39 PM
At 11/19/2012 8:42:21 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 11/19/2012 8:34:03 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You might have a bug. :/ Go see a doctor.

That'w what I'm planning on doing tomorrow. My thanksgiving break starts tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to rest for a bit and get my mind pumping again because how I feel is beyond strange.

I just hope something serious isn't happening to me.

I hope not :(
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 8:45:20 PM
I have periods in which I do this every few days. I just can't focus on anything, including my work, things I do for fun, etc. I haven't told my parents. I try to work around this by getting as much work done as possible during the periods I am not depressed.

Luckily, I have no work right now. I finished most of it during the weekend.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 8:51:40 PM
At 11/19/2012 8:45:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I have periods in which I do this every few days. I just can't focus on anything, including my work, things I do for fun, etc. I haven't told my parents. I try to work around this by getting as much work done as possible during the periods I am not depressed.

I think its just too much stress from school. It really started after my midterms. I didn't really get a break and I guess I just really stressed myself out. Also my boss threatened to fire me for being late to work last week so that can be a cause to. I never had to deal with that.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 8:54:04 PM
At 11/19/2012 8:51:40 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 11/19/2012 8:45:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I think its just too much stress from school. It really started after my midterms. I didn't really get a break and I guess I just really stressed myself out. Also my boss threatened to fire me for being late to work last week so that can be a cause to. I never had to deal with that.

I think it's probably school, if you have anything like I do. I don't have any problems right now, and I am free from work at the moment. I never had this problem before college, and it afflicts me most heavily around midterms-season.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 9:04:48 PM
Hmmm, are you just always exhausted, and you don't know why?

Cause, I might know what you have, though I'm not sure.

It's hard to explain, I'll try to find the name, but have you visited any tropical places/areas within, say, the last two years or so?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 9:11:01 PM
Nah, seriously...you may have mono....(although it could still be the HIV)....or you might have teenage angst.....or.....OR......you've been doing a lot of drugs lately and now you're broke....THAT is super-depressing.
Did you kiss any Peruvian Antilopes on an open sore? Cause it could be...nah...probably not.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 9:16:59 PM
Ok. You are all scaring me with these diseases and what not. I actually have been to a tropical place. I was in costa rica for about 2 and a half weeks this summer. And im not a druggie or a crazy sex type person. So I highly doubt its HIV.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 9:17:41 PM
Symptoms of mononucleosis include:
"Drowsiness

"Fever

"General discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling

"Loss of appetite

"Muscle aches or stiffness

"Rash

"Sore throat

"Swollen lymph nodes, especially in the neck and armpit

"Swollen spleen

Less frequently occurring symptoms include:
"Chest pain

"Cough

"Fatigue

"Headache

"Hives

"Jaundice (yellow color to the skin)

"Neck stiffness

"Nosebleed

"Rapid heart rate

"Sensitivity to light

"Shortness of breath

Signs and tests
The doctor or nurse will examine you. This may show that you have
:

"Swollen lymph nodes in the front and back of your neck

"Swollen tonsils with a whitish-yellow covering

"Swollen liver or spleen

"Skin rash

Blood tests will be done, including:

"White blood cell (WBC) count - will be higher than normal

"Monospot test - will be positive for infectious mononucleosis.

"Antibody titer - tells the difference between a current and previous infection

BAM...Doc Heineken!
Vidi, vici, veni.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 8:44:28 AM
You're not depressed. You've listed some physical symptoms but no psychological ones except lack of motivation. Sounds more like you're burned out.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 8:45:45 AM
Of course, none of us here are doctors. You're better off seeing one than asking a bunch of randoms on the internet for medical advice :)
yang.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 9:12:20 AM
could be many things diabetes? low thyroid? Depression? sometimes depression comes on when you are not taking care of your body.
You also could be polluting your mind, stop any scary, sad, or nudity shows for a wile. Try eating things that are good for your brain and depression. Do you take omega 3's? You should get your blood work done to rule out any adverse problems that could be making you feel this way.

I am not a doctor but have learned how to deal with depression, I can slip into depression easy. To keep it away this is what i have learned. I eat a banana at night, they help you sleep. It's like drinking a glass of milk b/4 bed. When you don't get enough sleep your brain can't work properly. But keep in mind over sleeping can bog you down too, so don't sleep all day.

Get some son, sit outside in the sun at least ten min. a day. If its cold out then sit in front of a window. This really helps and vit D is so good for you, and the best place to get it is the son.

Push yourself into being productive, as much as you don't want to push threw it and find that passion again.
Me
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 9:31:45 AM
At 11/19/2012 9:11:01 PM, Heineken wrote:
Nah, seriously...you may have mono....(although it could still be the HIV)....or you might have teenage angst.....or.....OR......you've been doing a lot of drugs lately and now you're broke....THAT is super-depressing.
Did you kiss any Peruvian Antilopes on an open sore? Cause it could be...nah...probably not.

lol i was getting pains in the head every day for like a month there recently and i was like "oh sh1t, damn drugs..."

and now i'm both largely off drugs and healthy. it was a good sickness.
signature
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 9:52:06 AM
At 11/20/2012 8:45:45 AM, tulle wrote:
Of course, none of us here are doctors. You're better off seeing one than asking a bunch of randoms on the internet for medical advice :)
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 9:57:32 AM
Btw, it sounded like mono to me, too, but I wouldn't assume he's been kissing many promiscuous chicks if he figures that he's depressed.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:05:49 AM
At 11/20/2012 9:57:04 AM, Ren wrote:
At 11/19/2012 9:21:28 PM, Heineken wrote:
150th post. Getting a beer.

This guy is kind of awesomesauce.

i can't deny it. he's still gay though.
signature
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:39:43 AM
At 11/20/2012 10:05:49 AM, badger wrote:
At 11/20/2012 9:57:04 AM, Ren wrote:
At 11/19/2012 9:21:28 PM, Heineken wrote:
150th post. Getting a beer.

This guy is kind of awesomesauce.

i can't deny it. he's still gay though.

I'm not gay!!!! Gawd, just leave me alone Badger!......ahhhh, then again...maybe I'm gay. I have been microwaving my yogurt before I eat it.
Vidi, vici, veni.