Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Paying to go to the hospital WTFingF

GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 4:49:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Have you given up everything to Africa or something? Your fellow men there are living in pretty crappy health.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 1:11:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 4:49:14 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Have you given up everything to Africa or something? Your fellow men there are living in pretty crappy health.

Why should people live lavishly at the expense of their fellow man. You do have a good point though, the world is big. In that scope it's all about geographical luck of birth.

If everyone said nothing moves forward until we feed and give equal medical attention to every other human on this earth, if nothing else can be afforded at least we have done something spectacular and we have more people healthy and able to work toward happiness.

Bad Idea?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 7:40:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2012 1:11:40 AM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 12/12/2012 4:49:14 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Have you given up everything to Africa or something? Your fellow men there are living in pretty crappy health.

Why should people live lavishly at the expense of their fellow man. You do have a good point though, the world is big. In that scope it's all about geographical luck of birth.

If everyone said nothing moves forward until we feed and give equal medical attention to every other human on this earth, if nothing else can be afforded at least we have done something spectacular and we have more people healthy and able to work toward happiness.

Bad Idea?

Yeah.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 7:45:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As to why, it's really simple. I have no obligation to help anybody else. I might feel all fuzzy inside, thinking that I did a good deed, but I have no objective obligation to help anybody. Therefore, enforcing people to help other people is an imposition of morality, which operates under the inherent and implicit idea that the morality of the enforcer is the "best" one. However, since all morality is subjective, the enforcer is trying to impose a superficial imposition of "objective" morality onto the victim. He has no authority to do this, and thus any attempts at making other people do as you want does not coincide with the reality of the incoherence of moral statements.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 7:49:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 7:45:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As to why, it's really simple. I have no obligation to help anybody else. I might feel all fuzzy inside, thinking that I did a good deed, but I have no objective obligation to help anybody. Therefore, enforcing people to help other people is an imposition of morality, which operates under the inherent and implicit idea that the morality of the enforcer is the "best" one. However, since all morality is subjective, the enforcer is trying to impose a superficial imposition of "objective" morality onto the victim. He has no authority to do this, and thus any attempts at making other people do as you want does not coincide with the reality of the incoherence of moral statements.

Why don't the Liberals all live in one country away from the right? That would solve a bunch of the problems here.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 8:05:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Welcome to the world of socialism my ally.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 9:26:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 7:49:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/24/2012 7:45:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As to why, it's really simple. I have no obligation to help anybody else. I might feel all fuzzy inside, thinking that I did a good deed, but I have no objective obligation to help anybody. Therefore, enforcing people to help other people is an imposition of morality, which operates under the inherent and implicit idea that the morality of the enforcer is the "best" one. However, since all morality is subjective, the enforcer is trying to impose a superficial imposition of "objective" morality onto the victim. He has no authority to do this, and thus any attempts at making other people do as you want does not coincide with the reality of the incoherence of moral statements.

Why don't the Liberals all live in one country away from the right? That would solve a bunch of the problems here.

This recognition of fact is not partisan; it stretches across political borders. Under the very obvious assumption that there is no objective morality, any form of moral persuasion is "immoral."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 9:41:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 9:26:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/24/2012 7:49:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/24/2012 7:45:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As to why, it's really simple. I have no obligation to help anybody else. I might feel all fuzzy inside, thinking that I did a good deed, but I have no objective obligation to help anybody. Therefore, enforcing people to help other people is an imposition of morality, which operates under the inherent and implicit idea that the morality of the enforcer is the "best" one. However, since all morality is subjective, the enforcer is trying to impose a superficial imposition of "objective" morality onto the victim. He has no authority to do this, and thus any attempts at making other people do as you want does not coincide with the reality of the incoherence of moral statements.

Why don't the Liberals all live in one country away from the right? That would solve a bunch of the problems here.

This recognition of fact is not partisan; it stretches across political borders. Under the very obvious assumption that there is no objective morality, any form of moral persuasion is "immoral."

Are you denying that there are a lot of liberals that would love to have a society with free health care?

There is no objective anything. I don't see your point.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 10:15:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 9:41:03 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/24/2012 9:26:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/24/2012 7:49:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/24/2012 7:45:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As to why, it's really simple. I have no obligation to help anybody else. I might feel all fuzzy inside, thinking that I did a good deed, but I have no objective obligation to help anybody. Therefore, enforcing people to help other people is an imposition of morality, which operates under the inherent and implicit idea that the morality of the enforcer is the "best" one. However, since all morality is subjective, the enforcer is trying to impose a superficial imposition of "objective" morality onto the victim. He has no authority to do this, and thus any attempts at making other people do as you want does not coincide with the reality of the incoherence of moral statements.

Why don't the Liberals all live in one country away from the right? That would solve a bunch of the problems here.

This recognition of fact is not partisan; it stretches across political borders. Under the very obvious assumption that there is no objective morality, any form of moral persuasion is "immoral."

Are you denying that there are a lot of liberals that would love to have a society with free health care?

There is no objective anything. I don't see your point.

My point is that nobody has any moral grounds for wanting free healthcare for everybody. In that sense, right wingers are closer to the truth in this particular section of the ideology.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 12:40:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Hospitals are expensive because everything else is expensive. People need to work in hospitals, maintain them, produce the resources that are used in them, and those people also have wants and needs of their own. Unfortunately, these needs include expensive gas, fancy electronics, gizmos, gadgets, and brand name merchandise.

If we lived in a minimalistic society, health care could be free, but then it would be extremely poor.

Economics is a tricky issue. You'd be surprised how closely linked the superficial need to have an LG handbag is to the quality of diagnostic testing machines in a hospital. We have technological progression because people are willing to pay more for better things, because more people are willing to pay more for other things.

So your statement actually fails on two points: First, giving up everything would do nothing but inhibit our techonological progression to make our health care less effective, and second, America charges for hospitals BECAUSE they want people to have good health care.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 7:52:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2012 6:52:51 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
It is disgusting that America charges for hospitals. I mean you have got to be kidding me! I am an American an I will gladly give up everything in this godless world to allow my fellow man to live in the best health possible.

For those who would do the same, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

I don't feel any obligation to help anyone but my family with their health. Whatever happened to "you can't have it if you can't pay for it", its a brutal attitude, but taking care of people breeds dependence
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 6:55:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Paying to go to the hospital WTFingF"

Oh, another one of those money falls out of thin air and pays for health care people.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 6:59:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/1/2013 6:55:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
"Paying to go to the hospital WTFingF"

Oh, another one of those money falls out of thin air and pays for health care people.

This is perfect!
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush