Jump to topic:

6am to 2pm

vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 1:32:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've been trying out a new work schedule: wake up at 5am, then getting to work at 6am, then work straight until 2pm without a lunch break.

I thought it would work well for me but I actually feel a little foggy. I guess my circadian rhythm is off because I'm getting my normal ~7 hours of sleep, so I should feel ok.

Does anyone know if there is an ideal time for humans to wake up and work. For example, are humans naturally programmed to wake up and work whenever the sun comes out?; or is there perhaps a fixed time like 6 or 7am which is the ideal?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 3:57:49 AM
I don't think there is a fixed time, but we have a body clock that drives us toward sleep during nighttime, and keeps us awake during the day. If you sleep to 5am, that can work.

Power napping has been shown to have great effects that one might miss from lack of nighttime sleep. For example, a 20-minute nap during the day can be beneficial in terms of memory, energy, et cetera. So if it's possible, skip lunch and take a power nap -- if you take caffeine before the nap, you'll wake up even more energetic.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 8:05:38 AM
At 1/11/2013 3:57:49 AM, Mirza wrote:
I don't think there is a fixed time, but we have a body clock that drives us toward sleep during nighttime, and keeps us awake during the day. If you sleep to 5am, that can work.

Power napping has been shown to have great effects that one might miss from lack of nighttime sleep. For example, a 20-minute nap during the day can be beneficial in terms of memory, energy, et cetera. So if it's possible, skip lunch and take a power nap -- if you take caffeine before the nap, you'll wake up even more energetic.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look more into power napping. FWIW, I woke up at 5:30 today (instead of 5) and feel much better.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it