Jump to topic:

Any ideas on how to gain weight?

Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 10:03:07 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I need help, cause I'm losing too much weight. I didn't really need to lose any, and didn't try to.
I WAS 5'3" and 115 pounds.
now 5'3" and 89 pounds.

That's so not healthy, and I can't handle anymore candy T_T I ate too much too fast last night.

So I need some more advice for gaining weight.

I'm going to drink more water, get seconds on any/every meal I can, and I heard exercizing gives you healthy weight. I hate excersizing, but I know that I need to be at least 100 pounds.

The only reason I checked was to prove that I wasn't losing weight to my mom.
Any other ideas, please?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 10:22:43 AM
Eat lots. I mean phuck lots. Like once an hour minimum (School excluded). Protein and carbs recommended. Also, try muscle building. Muscles weighs 3x fat, so muscle based exercises should work.

Eat junk food in moderation, maybe a bit more than usual, but if ODing expect headaches and sluggishness.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 10:36:55 AM
At 11/1/2009 10:22:43 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Eat lots. I mean phuck lots. Like once an hour minimum (School excluded). Protein and carbs recommended. Also, try muscle building. Muscles weighs 3x fat, so muscle based exercises should work.

'phuck' is that encouraging me to do things I shouldn't? lol I don't think I will

I like bread I'll eat that.

And any good muscle building exercises you can think of?

Eat junk food in moderation, maybe a bit more than usual, but if ODing expect headaches and sluggishness.

lol actually at one point I bought and ate 20 chocolate bars, and everyone said it was unhealthy so I stopped buying junk food (I'll eat it if someone else buys it though ^_^) and I now think that the cut down is what did it lmao.

well Halloween, I'll stop being sick of candy sometime soon, and will resume eating. then my bday in like a week, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then Valentines day, and Easter. Okay this is about the time when people start gaining weight so I may be okay eventually. (wow there are alot of eating holidays lmao)

lol I always get headaches, I just ignore them, even the really bad semi migrane thingies.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 11:16:49 AM
I'm going to suggest that you ask doctor about this or do some reading. Discussion is fine, but I wouldn't take very serious advice from random people on the internet.

But if you do want advice, I would recommend having extra limbs surgically appended to your body, which will add weight, and therefore make you healthier.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 11:47:34 AM
At 11/1/2009 11:26:06 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
Eat a lot and get very stressed quite often without actually doing any physical labor. You'll blow up in no time.

Let me summarise this on one sentence:

Get a boyfriend, commit heavily to him then break it off
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 11:51:27 AM
At 11/1/2009 11:16:49 AM, Harlan wrote:
I'm going to suggest that you ask doctor about this or do some reading. Discussion is fine, but I wouldn't take very serious advice from random people on the internet.

But if you do want advice, I would recommend having extra limbs surgically appended to your body, which will add weight, and therefore make you healthier.

I agree with Harlan. You should see a doctor, because attaching extra limbs yourself can be hazardous.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 11:52:02 AM
At 11/1/2009 10:03:07 AM, Emorose wrote:
I need help, cause I'm losing too much weight. I didn't really need to lose any, and didn't try to.
now 5'3" and 89 pounds.

That's so not healthy, and I can't handle anymore candy T_T I ate too much too fast last night.

I'm going to drink more water, get seconds on any/every meal I can, and I heard exercizing gives you healthy weight. I hate excersizing, but I know that I need to be at least 100 pounds.

Any other ideas, please?

The issue isn't gaining weight, the issue is why you seem to be losing so much weight. Drinking water won't help you gain weight, it will help you lose it. You should drink less water and increase your intake of juice drinks. Drinking orange juice or fruit punch-type drinks will help you gain a substantial amount of weight without changing your diet by much. This is because most fruit drinks contain sugars that bypass your body's "I'm full" signal.

You can also eat foods that are high in unsaturated fat, things fried in olive oil for example. Another healthy way to increase your weight is to consume more dairy products. Adding cheese to your food is a good way to add more calories without being too filling.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:12:14 PM
At 11/1/2009 11:16:49 AM, Harlan wrote:

So like have extra arms, so I can do more work quicker, and be healthier? lmao
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:13:33 PM
Eat a lot and get very stressed quite often without actually doing any physical labor. You'll blow up in no time.

lmao I love your avatar btw. I can't even eat a whole slice of pizza anymore (just tried to), but now I'm like 108, so that's dramatic increase, and neither is that good. I'm getting quite pissed off now. lmao
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:14:22 PM
At 11/1/2009 11:47:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Let me summarise this on one sentence:

Get a boyfriend, commit heavily to him then break it off

I have a boyfriend, and I'm committed heavily, but I wont break it off.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:16:22 PM
At 11/1/2009 11:52:02 AM, Kleptin wrote:
At 11/1/2009 10:03:07 AM, Emorose wrote:
now 5'3" and 89 pounds.

Any other ideas, please?

The issue isn't gaining weight, the issue is why you seem to be losing so much weight. Drinking water won't help you gain weight, it will help you lose it. You should drink less water and increase your intake of juice drinks. Drinking orange juice or fruit punch-type drinks will help you gain a substantial amount of weight without changing your diet by much. This is because most fruit drinks contain sugars that bypass your body's "I'm full" signal.

You can also eat foods that are high in unsaturated fat, things fried in olive oil for example. Another healthy way to increase your weight is to consume more dairy products. Adding cheese to your food is a good way to add more calories without being too filling.

*groans* but I HATE juice....and dairy products (except ice-cream, but its not healthy so we almost never have any in the house.)
Plus I almost never drink water, so idk this is messed up lol.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:16:55 PM
You, my dear, are horribly underweight. I'd see a doctor, if I were you.

Don't take offense to this, but if you do have an eating disorder, then you really need help. Even if you don't, programs designed to help rehabilitate those with eating disorders usually have guidelines you can look up or request, in order for you to not only get your weight back up, but moderate it in healthy ways as well.

But, really, you need to pack on some pounds.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:18:28 PM
Seriously LM, is your avatar Light?

(please don't kill me if I got it wrong, I like anime, but I know almsot nothing about it, since mom doesn't like it and she keeps me as far away from things she doesn't like as possible)
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:25:02 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:13:33 PM, Emorose wrote:

lmao I love your avatar btw. I can't even eat a whole slice of pizza anymore (just tried to), but now I'm like 108, so that's dramatic increase, and neither is that good. I'm getting quite pissed off now. lmao

You gained 19 pounds in two hours? o.O
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:31:02 PM

I know, that's not normal, or even right. I mean I've been eating candy, and pizza and drinking Dr. Pepper, but 19 pounds, is NOT normal, lmao, I know.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:32:58 PM

Wait, you weighed how much when you made this thread?
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:33:29 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:18:28 PM, Emorose wrote:

(please don't kill me if I got it wrong, I like anime, but I know almsot nothing about it, since mom doesn't like it and she keeps me as far away from things she doesn't like as possible)

Yes, it's Light. :)
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:33:55 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:16:55 PM, Volkov wrote:
You, my dear, are horribly underweight. I'd see a doctor, if I were you.

Don't take offense to this, but if you do have an eating disorder, then you really need help. Even if you don't, programs designed to help rehabilitate those with eating disorders usually have guidelines you can look up or request, in order for you to not only get your weight back up, but moderate it in healthy ways as well.

But, really, you need to pack on some pounds.

That's what I've been saying. I need more weight, and this is so everybody knows I eat when I'm hungry, I eat what I want, nothing more/less. I don't care how fattening it is, or whatever. I have 0 eating disporders, but I'm losing weight and idk why.

But like I also recently said, I've gained alot in 2 hours, and since I'm over 100, I can just relax a little, but that really scared me.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:35:34 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:33:29 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
At 11/1/2009 12:18:28 PM, Emorose wrote:

Yes, it's Light. :)

Yay! lmao I was right for once! (might be because I've actually been able to sneak enough deathnote to watch the whole series though.....but it could be because I'm awesome and can remember now. lol)
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:36:12 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:31:02 PM, Emorose wrote:

I know, that's not normal, or even right. I mean I've been eating candy, and pizza and drinking Dr. Pepper, but 19 pounds, is NOT normal, lmao, I know.

I think it's very much possible that your scale is broken.

I highly doubt anyone can gain nineteen pounds in two hours.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:37:02 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:32:58 PM, Logical-Master wrote:

Wait, you weighed how much when you made this thread?

Like 89 I believe
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:37:56 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:36:12 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Poejoe, it's not 19 pounds in total weight. Obviously the food and whoever clothing she has on is weighing her down.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 12:39:03 PM

Well, its not impossible...

It depends how much she has exactly drunk, and what time of day it is. Really, the only time you can actually find your true weight is when you first wake up in the morning, before breakfast and etc. At any other time the results can be quite skewed, and even a 19 pound difference can be possible, though a little extreme.
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:11:34 PM

I hope your right. But that scared me sooo mucj lol
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:12:59 PM
At 11/1/2009 1:11:34 PM, Emorose wrote:

I hope your right. But that scared me sooo mucj lol

It's what you've eaten + Your clothes. Stop freaking out
Emorose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:19:08 PM
At 11/1/2009 12:39:03 PM, Volkov wrote:

It depends how much she has exactly drunk, and what time of day it is. Really, the only time you can actually find your true weight is when you first wake up in the morning, before breakfast and etc. At any other time the results can be quite skewed, and even a 19 pound difference can be possible, though a little extreme.

89 was at like 11 last night, and 108 was at like 1 this afternoon I believe, if that helps.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 1:19:42 PM
At 11/1/2009 1:19:08 PM, Emorose wrote:
At 11/1/2009 12:39:03 PM, Volkov wrote:

89 was at like 11 last night, and 108 was at like 1 this afternoon I believe, if that helps.

Oh.