Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Artificially Increasing Intellingence

ryienh
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 10:11:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is artificially increasing intelligence ethical? I was wondering if some people could debate this subject as I am interested in the different views concerning the subject.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 11:36:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I believe it is perfectly ethical, why wouldn't it be?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:33:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
don't know about ethical, definitely not legal.
Though that never stops anyone, shrooms and adderall, shrooms and adderall.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:05:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 12:33:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
don't know about ethical, definitely not legal.
Though that never stops anyone, shrooms and adderall, shrooms and adderall.

How is it not legal?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:38:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 1:05:42 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 3/15/2013 12:33:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
don't know about ethical, definitely not legal.
Though that never stops anyone, shrooms and adderall, shrooms and adderall.

How is it not legal?

Mind altering drugs are illegal, drugs that help you focus and study like adderall are illegal for performance enhancing.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 2:46:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 1:38:53 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/15/2013 1:05:42 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 3/15/2013 12:33:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
don't know about ethical, definitely not legal.
Though that never stops anyone, shrooms and adderall, shrooms and adderall.

How is it not legal?

Mind altering drugs are illegal, drugs that help you focus and study like adderall are illegal for performance enhancing.

I agree that mind altering drugs are illegal, and that adder all is illegal. But this isn't what I was asking. The OP was asking about artificially increasing intelligence. Not changing your state of mind with mind altering drugs. I had thought you were saying that is illegal.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 5:27:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 2:46:59 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 3/15/2013 1:38:53 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/15/2013 1:05:42 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 3/15/2013 12:33:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
don't know about ethical, definitely not legal.
Though that never stops anyone, shrooms and adderall, shrooms and adderall.

How is it not legal?

Mind altering drugs are illegal, drugs that help you focus and study like adderall are illegal for performance enhancing.

I agree that mind altering drugs are illegal, and that adder all is illegal. But this isn't what I was asking. The OP was asking about artificially increasing intelligence. Not changing your state of mind with mind altering drugs. I had thought you were saying that is illegal.

Oh I think mind expanding drugs and drugs that help you focus artificially increase intelligence, artificial for lack of a better term.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler