Jump to topic:

Incredibly Awful Hangovers

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:26:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I went out last night for the first time in more than a month with some friends for drinks. When I was younger (like 18 or 19) I could drink all night, wake up the next day and even though I'd be hazy I could function. To put this in perspective, I could have fifteen or so alcoholic beverages, down a liter or so of water and wake up in the morning and make it to class. That said, I could usually smoke a bowl and even if I was sick, I wouldn't be sick anymore. I want to say, though, that in no way do I recommend this to anyone.

Now, I'm 21 and 5 or more drinks leaves me hung over, miserable and generally sick the next day. Three weeks ago when I went out, I was drinking red wine most of the night (which is a magnificently stupid idea, btw.) and I attributed the hangover to just the wine. Last night, I had 5 drinks in three hours and I've paid for it all day. I didn't smoke (largely because I can't now), but I haven't been so sick from alcohol since the first time I got drunk in high school.

I'm not sure if something's changed about my metabolism, if I'm loosing my ability to process alcohol, etc. but I think that this is the final blow. I can't take another hangover like this. I messaged a friend of mine (who is in med school) on Facebook and asked her what the deal was, and she first said that I should have probably have gone in for an IV (because that's the only real way to cure a hangover other than time). But I think that's the last time I'll drink heavily again. The price the next day just isn't worth it.

I wish weed were legal though. I would so much rather get stoned (legally) than drunk, and weed doesn't ruin me the following day.

Meh...

It may be time to take a trip to California or Colorado.
Tsar of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 12:29:58 PM
I was excited to see this thread when I was hungover this morning, but then I gave up on posting.

But ya I'm the same way, as I get older hangovers get worse, I lose the entire day after.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 7:40:42 PM
I've never gotten a hang-over. I'm only 19. Are my days of consequence-free drinking numbered?
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 8:02:16 PM
At 4/1/2013 7:40:42 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I've never gotten a hang-over. I'm only 19. Are my days of consequence-free drinking numbered?

Drinking it never really consequence free. I.E. Hangovers.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 8:42:53 PM

Idk... I think I'm going to give up "party drinking" though. Just too much of a price.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 11:06:30 PM

I don't think it's an age thing. I've gotten awful hangovers before and I'm only 18. A few weeks ago I had a party and downed the better part of a bottle of Bacardi in two hours or so. Let me tell you being young doesn't protect you from a hangover. It was the single worst feeling I've ever experienced and lasted for a day and maybe half of the next. Went through eight cans of chicken noodle soup and a pack of cigarettes and I was back in commission by Monday though. Since then I'm drinking a lot less relatively speaking.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2013 4:03:14 PM
Get used to it. First it is your ability to deal with the "day after". Next throwing a baseball for an hour makes your shoulder feel like a piece of lead the next day. Then when you get sick the cough hangs around a day or two longer than you ever remembered. The best is yet to come. Knees start feeling the weather. You finally work up the nerve to ask your Doc about a prescription for the little blue pill because you finally realize the idea of tying a popsicle stick to it won't work. On and on to eventually dementia or Alzheimer.

Just want to make sure you understood you are just really starting the aging process.

Cheers!