Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Smith and Wesson 500?

daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 6:36:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is the question I have. Let's say a person has a Smith & Wesson 500 magnum handgun(most powerful production handgun), and the gun is loaded with 350 gram bullets. If that person shoots another person, who is 20 feet away, does this person have a chance of surviving if hit? If so, what body part would have to be hit for survival?
Cringe
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 6:43:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes. The foot.
"I thought about the Paschal Candle. Wounded in its wax, wounded in its wick, wounded in its light, having the Passion of Christ in it and having therefore the woundedness of the world in it, it was there at our cradle, going before us and guiding us in time, and now again, there it is at our coffin, going before us and guiding us into eternity."
- John Moriarty -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Smithereens
Posts: 7,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 12:14:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I thought I heard my name..
Smithereens vs Kenballer "Idealism infers Solipsism" http://www.debate.org...

"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 12:36:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/11/2013 6:43:58 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Yes. The foot.

Eh, even there, i'm not convinced. Your foot would be blown off, since the Smith and Wesson 500 has the capacity to destroy cinderblocks, and you would be losing blood fast. It would take some speedy medical attention.
Cringe
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,564
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 12:42:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/12/2013 12:36:08 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/11/2013 6:43:58 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Yes. The foot.

Eh, even there, i'm not convinced. Your foot would be blown off, since the Smith and Wesson 500 has the capacity to destroy cinderblocks, and you would be losing blood fast. It would take some speedy medical attention.

The toe.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 12:58:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/12/2013 12:42:29 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/12/2013 12:36:08 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/11/2013 6:43:58 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Yes. The foot.

Eh, even there, i'm not convinced. Your foot would be blown off, since the Smith and Wesson 500 has the capacity to destroy cinderblocks, and you would be losing blood fast. It would take some speedy medical attention.

The toe.

You still have a risk of losing too much blood but you do have a better chance of survival.
Cringe
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 12:58:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A 50 cal machine gun round is more powerful, and people have survived it. A web search revealed http://www.thehighroad.org...

I think a shot through the lung missing other organs would be a good bet. It's a half inch hole clear through.
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,564
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 1:07:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/12/2013 12:58:07 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/12/2013 12:42:29 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/12/2013 12:36:08 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/11/2013 6:43:58 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Yes. The foot.

Eh, even there, i'm not convinced. Your foot would be blown off, since the Smith and Wesson 500 has the capacity to destroy cinderblocks, and you would be losing blood fast. It would take some speedy medical attention.

The toe.

You still have a risk of losing too much blood but you do have a better chance of survival.

Why is it so important to you that this handgun be so powerful lol....
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 1:54:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/12/2013 1:07:38 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/12/2013 12:58:07 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/12/2013 12:42:29 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/12/2013 12:36:08 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 4/11/2013 6:43:58 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Yes. The foot.

Eh, even there, i'm not convinced. Your foot would be blown off, since the Smith and Wesson 500 has the capacity to destroy cinderblocks, and you would be losing blood fast. It would take some speedy medical attention.

The toe.

You still have a risk of losing too much blood but you do have a better chance of survival.

Why is it so important to you that this handgun be so powerful lol....

I... Don't know, lol. I guess I am in awe over it's power.
Cringe