Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Which Is More Evil Spinach or Heavy Cream?

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 9:05:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lately, I have tried two distinct diets. Opposites almost in every way, yet with similar results.

The first diet consisted mainly of large amounts of fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, such as yogurt, and lean meats. Each of these foods were very low on the calorie density scale, for the most part, no more than 80% calories, by weight. Doing this I lost weight, felt better, and seemed to have more energy.

The second diet worked just as well, if not better. It exclusively consisted of less than half a gram of digestible carbohydrate per serving; again, I lost weight, felt better, and slept better, with an increase in my libido. In saying very low carbohydrate, I am speaking of foods very high in fat and protein, very calorie dense foods that would be eaten in very small amounts on the other diet, and, yet, had the same results.

The question that puzzles me is why is it on one diet, I can have large amounts of spinach and lose weight, and on the other diet, I can have large amounts of heavy cream and lose weight. Yet, if I put the two together and eat large amounts of creamed spinach I gain weight.