Jump to topic:

E-Cigarettes

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 8:01:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Are these a healthy alternative to regular cigarettes and hookah?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 8:06:04 PM
I don't know if they're more healthy or not but they're annoying as fvck. At least when I want to smoke a cigarette I have to go outside. People blowing E-cig in my face at grocery stores is enraging.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 5:52:54 PM
At 5/1/2013 8:01:47 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Hookah is terrible for you, and arguably worse for you than cigarettes. Do e-cigarettes have fewer harmful toxins than smoking that requires combustion in some form? Yes. Are they healthy? No.
Tsar of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 5:20:34 PM
At 5/2/2013 5:52:54 PM, YYW wrote:

Hookah is terrible for you, and arguably worse for you than cigarettes.

That's what I've found through research as well, which is counter-intuitive as cigarette smoke is harsh and malodorous but hookah smoke is refreshing and pleasant-smelling.

Do e-cigarettes have fewer harmful toxins than smoking that requires combustion in some form? Yes. Are they healthy? No.

I've come to the conclusion that they are less bad. Nicotine is still an addictive, harmful substance with or without the sh!t-smell that is cigarette smoke.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 5:02:56 PM
At 5/4/2013 5:20:34 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/2/2013 5:52:54 PM, YYW wrote:

Hookah is terrible for you, and arguably worse for you than cigarettes.

That's what I've found through research as well, which is counter-intuitive as cigarette smoke is harsh and malodorous but hookah smoke is refreshing and pleasant-smelling.

I've smoked off and on for the past five years. I quit for a while, but now I've started again. I actually love the way cigarettes taste, smell, etc. but I guess I'm in the minority. Hookah smoke makes me sick though, to even be around it...

Do e-cigarettes have fewer harmful toxins than smoking that requires combustion in some form? Yes. Are they healthy? No.

I've come to the conclusion that they are less bad. Nicotine is still an addictive, harmful substance with or without the sh!t-smell that is cigarette smoke.

Nicotine is addictive, but in purified form (as in, from e-cigs) it's not going to cause most of the life-shortening problems that actually inhaling the burnt smoke from tobacco leaves will.
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 5:21:11 PM
Both hookah and e-cigarettes emit pleasant scents. I don't mind being around people who smoke these. I used to live in a place with many Arabs, and they'd smoke up the room with hookah. No complaints here. Cigarettes emit a tiresome smoke, but it's tolerable. Quite enjoyable for a non-smoker to like this.
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 1:24:38 AM
They are logically quite safe. The carcinogens of e cigarettes are comparable to nicotine gum which was recently approved for long term. The nicotine is absorbed through the mouth and nasal cavity rather than the lungs and it takes longer to get into your blood stream. The result is that it's less harmful to your heart.

Propylene glycol- used in asthma inhalers as well as hospital ventilation systems to disinfect air.

Vegetable glycerin- used in industrial fog machines for decades.

Nicotine- a mild stimulant which can be compared to caffeine.

Flavorings- there is some ambiguity here and the potential for health issues exists. It's better to stick to the flavors of big brands and best to use unflavored... You should avoid flavorings that are cheaply produced which could have been made anywhere.

Devices- the standard e cigarette model is logically safe. The poly fiber that's used isn't harmful and the heating coil is just fine. Some of larger devices are fine as well. Ovale and Joyetech are just fine. You should stay away bucket shop devices which could have been made with anything without concern for the user.
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 1:37:07 AM
Are they healthy? I wouldn't go that far. Do you mean, are they safe? Provided that you stick with the herd and use the big brands then I'd say yes. Logically, you can't prove that anything's safe. You can only infer safety from the lack of evidence for harm.

Are they healthy? It may prevent the onset of Alzheimer's and aid in its treatment. Smokers are much less likely to be afflicted with this disease from what I've read. It may or may not aid in the treatment of depression. It's possible that they are healthy if the nicotine dosage is low enough.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:33:56 PM
I think I'd rather inhale and take in nicotine than nicotine plus the tar and carcinogens and other scary sh1t in cigarettes. So yeah, I'd say it's probably better than tobacco cigarettes.

As for hookah, I couldn't say.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Alvaro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 11:58:23 AM
A friend of mine got help from it i mean he succeeded in leaving smoking with the help of E cigarette and he is now alright i guess there is nothing much bad effects of it on health but depends on how long we use it.