Jump to topic:

Getting high in school

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 2:40:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
There are many ways to get a high that does not use items banned by the Administration. What I've tried:
-hyperventalation
Take 15 deep breaths as quick as can be taken without sacrificing depth. Oxygen will rush to the head.
Do not OD. You will die.
-hypoventalation
Take 4 breaths, inhaling and exhaling unnaturally slow (30 seconds per inhale, 30 seconds per exhale). Oxygen will leave the head.
Do not OD. You will die.
-blood holding and releasing
Set your legs on the desk (if you have a class that lets you do this) and lean back. Less blood will circulate through your legs. Setting your legs down will rush blood into your legs, creating an entirely different sensation than afore.
Do not OD. You will lose your legs to amputation.

These are the methods I found in computer science today, when the topic was repetitive (we're in a very low level class as per mandate). I don't do this recreationally, mind you, I was just experimenting.

What other methods have you found or do you think would work?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 8:11:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You're insane.

It did work for him.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 1:02:54 PM
Heroin, Cocaine, Weed, LSD and Ecstasy all work as well.

But in all seriousness, although it isn't outlawed, teachers will challenge you for being in an unstable mental state.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:29:03 PM
At 12/4/2009 2:40:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:
There are many ways to get a high that does not use items banned by the Administration. What I've tried:
-hyperventalation
Take 15 deep breaths as quick as can be taken without sacrificing depth. Oxygen will rush to the head.
Do not OD. You will die.
-hypoventalation
Take 4 breaths, inhaling and exhaling unnaturally slow (30 seconds per inhale, 30 seconds per exhale). Oxygen will leave the head.
Do not OD. You will die.
-blood holding and releasing
Set your legs on the desk (if you have a class that lets you do this) and lean back. Less blood will circulate through your legs. Setting your legs down will rush blood into your legs, creating an entirely different sensation than afore.
Do not OD. You will lose your legs to amputation.

These are the methods I found in computer science today, when the topic was repetitive (we're in a very low level class as per mandate). I don't do this recreationally, mind you, I was just experimenting.

What other methods have you found or do you think would work?

Lol, kids today are getting creative man... us unoriginal b@stards used to just smoke pipes in the nature strip.

As for your question, sniffing glue apparently works a treat but isn't too good for the old brain.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 4:15:53 PM
I'v been smoking this herbal hash stuff during my brakes at school. It is brilliant. It gets you way more stoned than weed but it doesn't last as long. It's not nice to smoke all day though but its perfect for school. And it is legal. Hemp shops are opening all over the place in Ireland now. Lifes almost perfect. Someones just got to go get weed legalised and then I'm in paradise.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 1:47:08 PM
At 12/5/2009 4:15:53 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
I'v been smoking this herbal hash stuff during my brakes at school. It is brilliant. It gets you way more stoned than weed but it doesn't last as long. It's not nice to smoke all day though but its perfect for school. And it is legal. Hemp shops are opening all over the place in Ireland now. Lifes almost perfect. Someones just got to go get weed legalised and then I'm in paradise.

Awesome, what's it called? I've been to head shops and bought a bunch of herbs which were supposed to give you a buzz and didn't do sh1te. Mugwort for example.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 3:17:08 PM
Why get high in school? I take academics quite seriously, and find it disturbing that a respected DDO member chooses to attempt juvenile manuevers to get high.
Why get high at all? Detrimental to the heart and the wallet.
I get high on life.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 3:21:55 PM
At 12/6/2009 3:17:08 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Why get high in school?

Because school sucks balls sober and it doesn't affect your academic performance one iota.

I take academics quite seriously, and find it disturbing that a respected DDO member chooses to attempt juvenile manuevers to get high.
Why get high at all?

It's fun, it expands the mind, lets you relax.

Detrimental to the heart and the wallet.

So? Money is for spending my man. If you can afford it, what's the problemo? And what do you mean to the heart? Like, physically?

I get high on life.

Lol. Been there, done it. Nowhere near as good as pot. Of all the things I've been high on, life ranks just above dramamine in terms of fun.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 3:36:28 PM
Why get high in school? I take academics quite seriously, and find it disturbing that a respected DDO member chooses to attempt juvenile manuevers to get high.
I get high on life.

I find it disturbing that you're judging someone based on getting high. That's incredibly ignorant.
President of DDO
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 3:40:45 PM
All I care to say about the techniques described by wjm is that it is simply evolution at work - because anyone stupid enough to try those things clearly isn't going to make it in the world.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 3:43:12 PM
At 12/6/2009 3:40:45 PM, Volkov wrote:
All I care to say about the techniques described by wjm is that it is simply evolution at work - because anyone stupid enough to try those things clearly isn't going to make it in the world.

Lol.

patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:03:25 PM

What's "juvenile" is...well, the bit above this that I quoted.

Not really "to the wallet." If you can afford to pay for it, then no problem. And, well, I doubt people always pay to get high.

I'm not completely sure what the bloody f-ck you mean by "heart," either. I assume you're using the term "heart" in some metaphorical, colloquial sense, which just comes off as you being patronizing. Does it really "damage" this figurative heart if the individual enjoys it? If they're having fun and it makes them happy, then why does it f-ck around with their "heart?"

If you literally mean it messes with their heart...then so what? It's their d-mn prerogative.

I get high on life.

It's so incredibly tiresome when people use meaningless, insincere, and therefore, degrading little condescending arguments such as that one.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:18:49 PM
I gotta jump in here for a second....

Sac8 doesn't deserve the comments he has been getting. It is his opinion of drug users, one that he shared because this is an open forum and he can do as such. Hell, he didn't even say anything directly towards anyone, just what he thought of drug use in school in relation to his beliefs and his actions. Yet, for people that claim they have a "thick skin" and never let anything get to them, you lot are taking it quite hard that he has a bad opinion of drugs.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:26:28 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:18:49 PM, Volkov wrote:
I gotta jump in here for a second....

Sac8 doesn't deserve the comments he has been getting. It is his opinion of drug users, one that he shared because this is an open forum and he can do as such. Hell, he didn't even say anything directly towards anyone, just what he thought of drug use in school in relation to his beliefs and his actions. Yet, for people that claim they have a "thick skin" and never let anything get to them, you lot are taking it quite hard that he has a bad opinion of drugs.

I really despise the quick acceptance and discussion of having gotten high and having everyone getting excitement from it. I still respect wjm, I just hate that drugs and alcohol are being used so openly and discussed like there is essentially more benefit than harm to them. L, it seems you took offense to this. Why? This is merely my opinion. I think I'll change one of my votes on the nomination thing...
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:28:11 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:26:28 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
L, it seems you took offense to this. Why? This is merely my opinion. I think I'll change one of my votes on the nomination thing...

Controversy!!! :O
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:30:09 PM
At 12/6/2009 1:47:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

Awesome, what's it called? I've been to head shops and bought a bunch of herbs which were supposed to give you a buzz and didn't do sh1te. Mugwort for example.

Its just called herbal hash as far as I know. They sell it the same way as dealers sell weed so I never got an actual bag with like a name or ingredients on it. I'll ask tomorrow when I'm in there. Yeah I hated all legal stuff before this. All they gave me was headaches and really bad come downs, but theres a new shop after opening close to where I live and its the best place ever. They sell this legal coke there too and no word of a lie, it is 10 times better than normal coke.
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:37:00 PM
It is his opinion of drug users, one that he shared because this is an open forum and he can do as such.

And thus, seeing as he did, indeed, post it on an "open forum," it's open to criticism. It wouldn't make much sense to post an opinion in a forum on a relatively divisive topic and not expect some sort of critical reply.

Hell, he didn't even say anything directly towards anyone, just what he thought of drug use in school in relation to his beliefs and his actions.

So?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:42:18 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:37:00 PM, patsox834 wrote:
And thus, seeing as he did, indeed, post it on an "open forum," it's open to criticism. It wouldn't make much sense to post an opinion in a forum on a relatively divisive topic and not expect some sort of critical reply.

There is a difference between being critical, and being a crass jerk.

Leet was critical - others were the latter.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:44:36 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:26:28 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

L, it seems you took offense to this. Why? This is merely my opinion. I think I'll change one of my votes on the nomination thing...

You can change whatever you want, sac. I'm not taking any offense at all. I'm simply challenging your opinion. I said that you judging people for getting high is immature; instead of defending your opinion (which nobody said you weren't entitled to) you threaten me...? With something I don't care too much about, no less. I'm simply trying to have a conversation and discuss your rationale which you haven't seemed to present.
President of DDO
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:44:41 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:42:18 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/6/2009 4:37:00 PM, patsox834 wrote:

There is a difference between being critical, and being a crass jerk.

Leet was critical - others were the latter.

And again, so? When you post an opinion on a topic that a lot of people differ on and inspires a lot of argument, then it only seems sensible to expect some people to be caustic.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:47:14 PM

Or mayhaps it's innovative people like him who will make it :p

Jk. Wjm - If you wanna get high, just do the real thing.

Of course you're probably still in that "I'll never do drugs" phase which I commend you for :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:50:38 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:48:27 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
why do you commend him? mary jane is my best friend.

Mine too. More for us!
President of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:50:56 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:47:14 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Or mayhaps it's innovative people like him who will make it :p

Jk. Wjm - If you wanna get high, just do the real thing.

Of course you're probably still in that "I'll never do drugs" phase which I commend you for :)

I love how it has to be a "phase", and not a way of life, suggesting that experimentation is inevitable. :)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:50:58 PM

LOL THIS WAS YOUR 420TH POST.
President of DDO
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:51:51 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:44:41 PM, patsox834 wrote:
And again, so? When you post an opinion on a topic that a lot of people differ on and inspires a lot of argument, then it only seems sensible to expect some people to be caustic.

It does not mean that anyone should have to deal with such people.

But, I'm not going to argue this ad nauseum. I ask for respect, not belligerence.
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:53:19 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:50:58 PM, theLwerd wrote:

LOL THIS WAS YOUR 420TH POST.

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS and true!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 4:53:38 PM
At 12/6/2009 4:50:56 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I love how it has to be a "phase", and not a way of life, suggesting that experimentation is inevitable. :)

That's the point. All the kids who are "above that" in HS think they'll never do it (I sure did... and obviously I'm someone with conviction, so that should tell you something). The point is, you guys still think it's this huge deal and terribly bad and all that stuff they teach you in DARE. When you grow up, see people experimenting with alcohol (just being college students in general) you'll realize how harmless pot is. It's easy to Google statistics finding the so-called "dangers" like you did for our debate, but in real life, it's just not true. It's not a big deal at ALL. Honestly, I don't even notice when I'm high most of the time lolol.
President of DDO