Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Yoga..

Bowen
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 12:06:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yoga is not a religion; it is a practice of living whose wish for is "a healthy mind in a fit body". Man is a physical, intelligence and spiritual being; yoga makes simple hold up a light get improved of all the three. Other forms of physical exercises, like work-out, assure only physical well-being. They have tiny to do with the boost of the divine or lunar stiff.
[url=http://www.kudoshealthclub.com.au...]gym gold coast[/url]
Bowen
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 12:09:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yoga is not a religion; it is a practice of living whose wish for is "a healthy mind in a fit body". Man is a physical, intelligence and spiritual being; yoga makes simple hold up a light get improved of all the three. Other forms of physical exercises, like work-out, assure only physical well-being. They have tiny to do with the boost of the divine or lunar stiff.
rita121
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 7:16:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yoga is the ancient discipline which is now popular all around the world. It can be used as a physio-psychological therapy.
dawndawndawndawn
Posts: 74
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 11:47:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yoga was written and developed by the richest men in a caste society
FOR the richest men in a caste society.

There are no women's voices in yoga at all
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 11:59:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 11:47:36 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
Yoga was written and developed by the richest men in a caste society
FOR the richest men in a caste society.

There are no women's voices in yoga at all

Traditionally perhaps. But it seems to be largely dominate by women in the modern world.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
dawndawndawndawn
Posts: 74
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 11:22:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/22/2013 11:59:35 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 8/21/2013 11:47:36 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
Yoga was written and developed by the richest men in a caste society
FOR the richest men in a caste society.

There are no women's voices in yoga at all

Traditionally perhaps. But it seems to be largely dominate by women in the modern world.

yes, because they did not read the label.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 1:38:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/22/2013 11:22:24 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
At 8/22/2013 11:59:35 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 8/21/2013 11:47:36 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
Yoga was written and developed by the richest men in a caste society
FOR the richest men in a caste society.

There are no women's voices in yoga at all

Traditionally perhaps. But it seems to be largely dominate by women in the modern world.

yes, because they did not read the label.

What do you believe was/is sexist/elitist about traditional yoga (if that is your claim)?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 4:58:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Although yoga is traditionally rooted in Hinduism, the modern world (western) tends to disassociate the moral and ethical guidelines in yoga that point to spiritual attainment.

I don't believe that one can wholly practice yoga without unknowingly engaging in some sort Hindu symbolism, but the implications depend on the goal/purpose of the class or the individual. It shouldn't be deemed fully as some sort of religion that children are exposed to. E.g., in this article, the parents act as though the yoga teachers are purposely indoctrinating their children. When it is really their fault for not explaining their religious beliefs with their children.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
dawndawndawndawn
Posts: 74
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 11:07:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yoga is not a religion. Yoga is a, sort of, over-all hygiene.

But, no matter what anyone thinks, it was written by men for men
in a caste society.
India is, still, patriarchal today.

My point is that Americans are stupid and will do any dumb thing as long as the sales pitch is seductive.

Yoga has, almost nothing, to offer humans unless they have a lot of servants and a FIRM belief in reincarnation.
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 11:16:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 11:07:28 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
My point is that Americans are stupid and will do any dumb thing as long as the sales pitch is seductive.

Maybe but you can't generalize the entire American society, although some are that ignorant.

Yoga has, almost nothing, to offer humans unless they have a lot of servants and a FIRM belief in reincarnation.

Are completely ignoring all the health benefits that yoga has to offer in order to push your agenda?
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 3:06:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 11:23:00 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
!. state the health benefits that are needed

2. state which, if any, ONLY yoga can fulfill

Yoga increases strength, flexibility and balance depending on what type of exercise you choose to do. (also meditation)

Although yoga can fulfill these health benefits there are other ways to acquire such benefits without yoga.
madilincrock
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 2:23:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 11:47:36 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
Yoga was written and developed by the richest men in a caste society
FOR the richest men in a caste society.

There are no women's voices in yoga at all

This is totally wrong. Yoga is for anybody and its true meaning means Union- union of the body and soul so they can works as one and so you energy can easily flow throughout your body. There is way more stuff to yoga then you realize.

http://www.angelfire.com...
madilincrock
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 2:27:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 11:07:28 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
Yoga is not a religion. Yoga is a, sort of, over-all hygiene.

But, no matter what anyone thinks, it was written by men for men
in a caste society.
India is, still, patriarchal today.


My point is that Americans are stupid and will do any dumb thing as long as the sales pitch is seductive.

Yoga has, almost nothing, to offer humans unless they have a lot of servants and a FIRM belief in reincarnation.

This is completely bull. Yoga is meant to open the energy gates inside your body so your energy can move freely and effortlessly. Then by focusng on this diving energy after a yoga session, you can increase your awareness of it and make it stronger. Also, there are many people who are masters of yoga and who know the truth that look 20x younger then anybody there age. Yoaga produces many reuslts.

http://www.angelfire.com...
t
dawndawndawndawn
Posts: 74
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 4:06:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/9/2013 2:27:01 PM, madilincrock wrote:
At 8/23/2013 11:07:28 PM, dawndawndawndawn wrote:
Yoga is not a religion. Yoga is a, sort of, over-all hygiene.

But, no matter what anyone thinks, it was written by men for men
in a caste society.
India is, still, patriarchal today.


My point is that Americans are stupid and will do any dumb thing as long as the sales pitch is seductive.

Yoga has, almost nothing, to offer humans unless they have a lot of servants and a FIRM belief in reincarnation.


This is completely bull. Yoga is meant to open the energy gates inside your body so your energy can move freely and effortlessly. Then by focusng on this diving energy after a yoga session, you can increase your awareness of it and make it stronger. Also, there are many people who are masters of yoga and who know the truth that look 20x younger then anybody there age. Yoaga produces many reuslts.

http://www.angelfire.com...
t

No. Yoga was made to quell fidgeting during meditation.
The meditation is for doing what you suggest, above.

"Energy gates" is a modern and American phraseology.
Being a master of yoga does not change the history of yoga.
I'm sure that you mean "their", not, "there", or, you do not know the difference.

Surely, you can realize that you make a complete fool of yourself when you type
"20x younger" or you are terrible at math.
KIOO
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 4:17:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Can somebody help me finding out how can yoga maintain a man physically and mentally healthy?
artyom
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 12:26:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
the yoga in America is just like "chinese" food in america. In other words, theres very little yoga bout it, unless you find the right group. And very often, yoga IS a part of religion, at least the one I went to. You taking a yoga class in your college only give a small understanding what it really is. Alot of it is about breathing/eating/concentrating

I had attended this cult/religion which is rly big called "the art of living" which centers on doing yoga ofcourse but also teaches you some morals and dieting habits and concentration and healing. Lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks
dimplekhanna
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 1:32:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes i can definitely say yoga is good for health and it manages body and brain. I personally observed changes in me before and after. it is managing my health in constant and it is also helping me being active and positive always.