Got the Swine Flu Vaccine

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:32:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"I got Mercury injected into my body, what should I do?"

Hope there are no severe side effects. My dad and step-dad got it, and so far they're doing fine. But Mercury is a known neurotoxin and can have subtle effects. Just make sure you don't have too much in your system.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:34:18 PM
At 12/9/2009 1:32:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Hope there are no severe side effects. My dad and step-dad got it, and so far they're doing fine. But Mercury is a known neurotoxin and can have subtle effects. Just make sure you don't have too much in your system.

Someone's not paranoid.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:35:01 PM
At 12/9/2009 1:25:24 PM, Nags wrote:
Are you serious? Suck it up.

Suck up basic motor skills hurting after a "beneficial" vaccine?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:38:12 PM
At 12/9/2009 1:34:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/9/2009 1:32:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Someone's not paranoid.

It's called thimerosol, 50% Mercury. They put it in all adult/young adult swine flu vaccines as a preservative. But if they leave Mercury out of children swine flu vaccines, why can't they leave out the Mercury altogether?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:40:05 PM
At 12/9/2009 1:38:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's called thimerosol, 50% Mercury. They put it in all adult/young adult swine flu vaccines as a preservative. But if they leave Mercury out of children swine flu vaccines, why can't they leave out the Mercury altogether?

My guess is because children are the first in line for the shots, while the rest of the population gets it later - hence the preservative.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:43:31 PM
At 12/9/2009 1:40:05 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/9/2009 1:38:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

My guess is because children are the first in line for the shots, while the rest of the population gets it later - hence the preservative.

Actually we weren't first in line - Health workers (Obviously), but then Public sector workers was vaccinated. I guess we we're middle of the line, anyone could get it freely at their GP.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:52:42 PM
Swine Flu's not available for the general populace in America yet... FDA.

They took so long trying to approve it and make sure there was enough for everybody that it passed through my area even before it was available to the high-risk groups.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:16:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Huh? Really?
I thought Walgreens was selling vaccinations.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:04:05 PM
Only for high risk groups.

Anyways, is the vaccination that is available to the public going to be circumnavigated by the mutation of the virus? Isn't there some new strand?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:08:10 PM
At 12/10/2009 9:04:05 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Anyways, is the vaccination that is available to the public going to be circumnavigated by the mutation of the virus? Isn't there some new strand?

No, not according to anything I've seen. Tamiflu apparently will work fine against this specific strand of H1N1 - it just isn't effective with (I believe) the regular seasonal flu.
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:17:10 PM
At 12/10/2009 9:04:05 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Since, when are homeless people high risk and important?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:26:46 PM
At 12/10/2009 9:17:10 PM, wonderwoman wrote:

You know, I think you're very negative not because you have any belief in the dictatorial and neglectful stuff you say, but because you know it shocks people to say such things. You're not like Cody who, for better or for worse, is an avid partisan with real beliefs. Such a shame.

Anyways, it is important for all, or at least a majority, of citizens to get the swine flu shot without deference to class, race, and etc., because of the nature of what the virus is - contagious. Allowing a segment of the population to contract the disease and die isn't a good way to limit the spread, nor is it beneficial in any way. To suggest otherwise is to be very ignorant of what it means to be a government, or apart of society.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:34:43 PM
At 12/10/2009 9:26:46 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/10/2009 9:17:10 PM, wonderwoman wrote:

You know, I think you're very negative not because you have any belief in the dictatorial and neglectful stuff you say, but because you know it shocks people to say such things. You're not like Cody who, for better or for worse, is an avid partisan with real beliefs. Such a shame.

yikes!
I think she's misguided, and tries to get to some objective "good" way of doing things, and that going beyond "humanity" to do so is misguided and silly, but I wouldn't say she doesn't have "real" beliefs.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:37:10 PM
At 12/10/2009 9:34:43 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I think she's misguided, and tries to get to some objective "good" way of doing things, and that going beyond "humanity" to do so is misguided and silly, but I wouldn't say she doesn't have "real" beliefs.

I have not seen any posts to the contrary of my opinion, but if she wishes to prove me wrong, I'd be more than glad to concede.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 10:57:44 AM
I got my swine flu vaccine months ago. (college campuses)
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 11:27:14 AM
At 12/15/2009 10:44:08 AM, alto2osu wrote:
Swine flu = most obnoxious health hype in the media right now.

Amen.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 11:37:03 AM
At 12/15/2009 11:27:14 AM, Reasoning wrote:
At 12/15/2009 10:44:08 AM, alto2osu wrote:
Swine flu = most obnoxious health hype in the media right now.

Amen.

Thirded. There's almost no difference between swine flu and the regular seasonal flu in terms of how dangerous it is.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 11:40:28 AM
If I have my stats right, the "seasonal" flu (if you can call it that, since "it" is nothing more than an epidemiological projection that begins as hundreds of viruses) is more deadly than H1N1. Furthermore, vaccines are not magical. They are 80% ineffective at preventing the illness. I mean, this is purposeful, but we had a flu vaccine clinic at my high school (I declined, though as a staff member I was eligible). The amount of misinformation surrounding H1N1, its accompanying vaccine, and even vaccination processes in general was appalling...nearly as appalling as the size of the queue. :|
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 11:50:40 AM
At 12/15/2009 11:40:28 AM, alto2osu wrote:
They are 80% ineffective at preventing the illness.

That is a lie peddled by people who are anti-vaccine and pro-let-everyone-die-needless-deaths.

Strep vaccines are 50-80% effective - http://www.sciencedirect.com...

CDC cites researchers saying that "... influenza vaccines can be expected to reduce laboratory-confirmed influenza by approximately 70% to 90% in healthy adults <65 years of age." http://www.cdc.gov...

Vaccines work; stupidity, and listening to stupid people, does not.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 11:52:39 AM
I heard the government is purposely injecting the virus into the vaccine for population control purposes

*Waits for Geo to bandwagon*
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 11:59:14 AM
At 12/15/2009 11:50:40 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/15/2009 11:40:28 AM, alto2osu wrote:
They are 80% ineffective at preventing the illness.

That is a lie peddled by people who are anti-vaccine and pro-let-everyone-die-needless-deaths.

Strep vaccines are 50-80% effective - http://www.sciencedirect.com...

CDC cites researchers saying that "... influenza vaccines can be expected to reduce laboratory-confirmed influenza by approximately 70% to 90% in healthy adults <65 years of age." http://www.cdc.gov...

Vaccines work; stupidity, and listening to stupid people, does not.

Sigh...you totally misinterpreted the purpose of citing that, and it isn't a misrepresentation of fact. First of all, strep is not flu. Second of all, though the H1N1 vaccine is ineffective at actually preventing symptoms, it is HIGHLY effective at regulating the severity of those symptoms, which is what it is meant to do in the first place. That's how it is expected by the manufacturer, the CDC, the FDA, blah blah blah blah blah to work. Notice that I said that its ineffectiveness was expected.

I receive vaccines when I find it necessary. I don't subscribe to any nonsense about vaccines causing autism or any crap like that. However, on the other side of the coin, it's the general media freak out over what is NOT a serious world health threat that is causing the most serious problems and misinformation spread.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:21:09 PM
At 12/15/2009 11:52:39 AM, johngriswald wrote:
I heard the government is purposely injecting the virus into the vaccine for population control purposes

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the H1N1 vaccine was patented about a year before the swine flu outbreak. That should tell you enough right there.

Also, am I the only one who is concerned about the mercury in vaccines? Is it safe to inject small amounts of mercury in your system? I hope so because I have family who got it.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:37:10 PM
At 12/15/2009 12:21:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/15/2009 11:52:39 AM, johngriswald wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the H1N1 vaccine was patented about a year before the swine flu outbreak. That should tell you enough right there.

Gasp! The government is responsible for this outbreak and its all just a profit making scheme!

ddofans.com
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:43:01 PM
At 12/15/2009 12:37:10 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:21:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Gasp! The government is responsible for this outbreak and its all just a profit making scheme!

Profit? No, they control the Federal Reserve. They're not worried about money. You were right the first time about population control. Look up the Global 2000 Report.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:03:52 PM
First of all, cursory research of thimerosal reveal that the only reason it was phased out of vaccines around 2001 was due to an unfounded scare involving vaccines causing autism. Extensive studies since have disproved this link entirely. It isn't like injecting a syringe full of pure mercury into your body, either. Thimerosal is literally found in trace amounts, and really only in flu vaccines, and is a product tested and approved by the FDA for use as a preservative. Not only that, but thimerosal is highly diluted. It's about half mercury.

Translation: pretty much zero actual danger. However, there are thimerosal-free H1N1 vaccines available on request.