Jump to topic:

Pulling hair out of your body...

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:47:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you realize that whenever you're stressed or nervous about something, and automatically start picking out hairs from your legs, head, eyelashes, eyebrows, and armpits, is there something wrong? Or is it just an effect of anxiety in general?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:54:39 PM
It's gotten really bad. There are missing patches in my lashes, legs, armpits, and a certain private area of my body I don't want to mention...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:57:34 PM
I used to pull my eyelashes out all the time. I have no idea why, but I haven't had the urge to do it for years. I don't think it had anything to do with stress though.

I pull pubes out all the time, don't know why either. It's fun? A form of grooming perhaps?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:58:31 PM
At 12/9/2009 7:57:34 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
I pull pubes out all the time, don't know why either. It's fun? A form of grooming perhaps?

I do that too.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:00:07 PM
Lol we're all a bunch of freaks man!
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:00:08 PM
At 12/9/2009 7:58:31 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/9/2009 7:57:34 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I do that too.

Thank goodness. I thought it was really abnormable to pull out my pubes. Idk, it just feels soothing and pleasing I guess...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:02:29 PM
I used to pull hair out in college without even realizing it. It took some real focus to stop, actually. I starting wearing a hat while writing papers, since that was a key time. I'd suggest using a stress-relief ball or one of those squeezing grips to help curb the habit before anything gets noticable.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:05:10 PM
At 12/9/2009 8:02:29 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I used to pull hair out in college without even realizing it. It took some real focus to stop, actually. I starting wearing a hat while writing papers, since that was a key time. I'd suggest using a stress-relief ball or one of those squeezing grips to help curb the habit before anything gets noticable.

Already is....... My legs are missing half of their hair!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:09:59 PM
I guess I was lucky to have my problem localized to the head. You could always try to condition yourself out of it. Whenever you catch yourself doing it, engage in some type of punishment behavior, such as a painful pinch. Keep it consistent and unpleasant and it may help.
- lamerde

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:11:07 PM
At 12/9/2009 8:09:59 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I guess I was lucky to have my problem localized to the head. You could always try to condition yourself out of it. Whenever you catch yourself doing it, engage in some type of punishment behavior, such as a painful pinch. Keep it consistent and unpleasant and it may help.

Ha. Thanks. I put so much stress on myself I'm already into punching myself in the stomach, but nothing really works. I'll do it right now, as I'm typing...
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:13:12 PM
I don't know if this is a sign of pulling my lashes, but I'm getting optical migraines quite frequently now. I'll be walking, then everything goes black and spirals. It lasts for several seconds, then stops. Several times, it's lasted for over five seconds, which scared me into think that I may be going blind.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:16:46 PM
At 12/9/2009 8:13:12 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I don't know if this is a sign of pulling my lashes, but I'm getting optical migraines quite frequently now. I'll be walking, then everything goes black and spirals. It lasts for several seconds, then stops. Several times, it's lasted for over five seconds, which scared me into think that I may be going blind.

Go to a doctor for that sh*t son.... could be anything.

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:20:11 PM
At 12/9/2009 8:16:46 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/9/2009 8:13:12 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Go to a doctor for that sh*t son.... could be anything.

Yeah, I can't imagine that having anything to do with pulling out your lashes. I'd suggest telling your parents and seeing a doctor about it.
- lamerde

EHS_Debate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 8:43:56 PM
I never had black spots from pulling my eyelashes. At one point, I had to eyelashes at all. I stopped a lot now and they all grew back in. The doctor said it was trichotilemania. Check spelling on that. I was actually put on medicine to help me stop.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 1:29:38 AM
At 12/9/2009 9:29:25 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I've never done any of this.

I do, however, bite at the skin around my finger nails when I get nervous or stressed out.

Oh yeah, that is a chronic addiction for me. And I don't necessarily have to be nervous or stressed, it's just something I do. It sometimes bleeds because I go too far. :(

Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:03:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think I even do anything when I'm anxious... other than beat on things, but I do that regularly anyway.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:13:38 AM
I used to punch my walls, which would hurt my hands, but it would help get the stress out. Also straight up yelling works well, I still do that when I'm really pissed and I'm driving alone, lol, so if you see a crazy dude yelling by himself on the highway, just remember you have your outlet too.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 9:14:44 AM
I punched a wall but I broke it.
I got in trouble.
It was a really, REALLY old wall.
Where is my string.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 8:18:45 PM
At 12/9/2009 7:47:45 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
If you realize that whenever you're stressed or nervous about something, and automatically start picking out hairs from your legs, head, eyelashes, eyebrows, and armpits, is there something wrong? Or is it just an effect of anxiety in general?

Umm sounds to me like trichotillomania... that's not normal.
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 8:49:09 AM
I learned today that my friend pulls his hair out when he gets angry or frustrated. He's 18 and is already growing a bald spot. He also just joined up for the site too. And so you know, he's pretty crazy.
Where is my string.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 8:50:32 AM
pulling out your hair is definitely not normal.

If you're stressed just masturbate, much more pleasant.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
raindrpdew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:02:56 AM
At 12/9/2009 8:00:07 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Lol we're all a bunch of freaks man!

haha yes :] i used to pull out eye lashes and eyebrows. but then stopped. i dont know why..it was just fun to look at em in my hand. thought i was the onlyone who did that. forgot i did it.
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
raindrpdew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:05:19 AM
At 12/11/2009 8:50:32 AM, johngriswald wrote:

eww. your a dood. that works 4 yew..haha mr. hor*y all the time.
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:08:06 AM
At 12/11/2009 8:50:32 AM, johngriswald wrote:

Amen, brothah.
Where is my string.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 4:27:55 PM
At 12/9/2009 7:47:45 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

It's called OCD
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 4:43:33 PM
This sounds like quite a not pleasant habit. Glad to say i don't have this problem lol.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?