Jump to topic:

Day, Night, and Performance

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:30:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
For this semester, I have been increasingly weary and tired during the day. After sports practice and arriving home, I'd be exhausted for the rest of the day, and then feel invigorated during the night. When that sport ended, I'd get home right after school. I'd have to take naps and constanly kept drifting off during the day, and got boosts of energy in the night. On weekends, I feel lazy and weary the entire day, and then feel satisfaction / power from the long hours of night. Is there any way I can turn this around? I really think my work habits are being affected by my methods of weariness throughout the day.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:32:42 PM
I stay up late during the weekdays and "catch up" during the week ends. I am told sleep doesn't really work that way, but it seems to.

I bet I'd have better grades, etc., if I had more sleep, due to a higher level of focus, but I don't think it would be enough for me to care to take the time to get another two hours of sleep.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:35:09 PM
At 12/12/2009 8:32:42 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I stay up late during the weekdays and "catch up" during the week ends. I am told sleep doesn't really work that way, but it seems to.

I bet I'd have better grades, etc., if I had more sleep, due to a higher level of focus, but I don't think it would be enough for me to care to take the time to get another two hours of sleep.

Exactly what I do. Sophomore year, I was so insane with knowing everything in every class I'd stay up till two or three in the morning doing homework. This year, I can't stay up past 12. I actually had a panic attack today because I have to take 5 college midterm exams this week, and it's really stressing me out.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:37:06 PM
midterms

My midterms are after Christmas break, so that I have ample time to forget everything. I have 4 tests next week though, at least.

I learn most things in class. Retention isn't a problem for me, so I don't usually have to study.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:39:40 PM
At 12/12/2009 8:37:06 PM, wjmelements wrote:
midterms

My midterms are after Christmas break, so that I have ample time to forget everything. I have 4 tests next week though, at least.

I learn most things in class. Retention isn't a problem for me, so I don't usually have to study.

At the beginning of last year, I was really confident with my knowledge and retention. I barely studied and did well. Then, I had an enormous panic attack before an English midterm and lost all confidence in myself. Since then, I constantly have panic attacks and focus on learning about everything. I've been slacking off lately, probably due to being "burned out." Is mongeese ranked higher than you? (Referring to class ranks for academics)
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:44:05 PM
At 12/12/2009 8:39:40 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At the beginning of last year, I was really confident with my knowledge and retention. I barely studied and did well. Then, I had an enormous panic attack before an English midterm and lost all confidence in myself. Since then, I constantly have panic attacks and focus on learning about everything. I've been slacking off lately, probably due to being "burned out." Is mongeese ranked higher than you? (Referring to class ranks for academics)

Probably. I had a B one semester in PreAP English last year and I'm probably going to get another this semester. He's also in Spanish III, while I'm in German I, giving him another grade point above me. But I don't follow his grades. He may have a few B's, but I think he's an A guy.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:47:36 PM
At 12/12/2009 8:44:05 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/12/2009 8:39:40 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Probably. I had a B one semester in PreAP English last year and I'm probably going to get another this semester. He's also in Spanish III, while I'm in German I, giving him another grade point above me. But I don't follow his grades. He may have a few B's, but I think he's an A guy.

I really despise English class. It feels like it's a complete waste. I'm more of a math, physics, history kind of guy. I would have expected you, mongeese, or mongoose to be valedictorion or something.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:51:04 PM
At 12/12/2009 8:47:36 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I really despise English class. It feels like it's a complete waste. I'm more of a math, physics, history kind of guy. I would have expected you, mongeese, or mongoose to be valedictorion or something.

This guy's on track to be validictorian at our school: http://debate.org...
I'm in a hard school to be validictorian in. We have all of the smartest kids transfered into our school and we have a large school as it is (about a thousand per class).
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 8:53:50 PM
At 12/12/2009 8:51:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/12/2009 8:47:36 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

This guy's on track to be validictorian at our school: http://debate.org...
I'm in a hard school to be validictorian in. We have all of the smartest kids transfered into our school and we have a large school as it is (about a thousand per class).

From what I suspect, it makes sense. (He's Asian ;) Man, you go to a big school. There are only 111 in my class, and really only five kids competing for the top rank.