Jump to topic:

Question on exercise routine.

llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 2:02:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm doing a 4 day split and I want to know if my cardio is going to result in overtraining. The cardio plan that I have is really simply. 5 minutes of exercise bike followed by pull ups,chin ups,sit-ups, pushups, dips and leg raises- repeat cycles for an hour. This cardio plan will help eliminate boredom by rapidly switching exercises without exhausting any group of muscles.

I plan to take Saturday and Sunday off from all exercises and I want to know if my bodyweight exercises during cardio will reduce muscle growth.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 6:47:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/31/2013 2:02:13 PM, llamainmypocket wrote:
I'm doing a 4 day split and I want to know if my cardio is going to result in overtraining. The cardio plan that I have is really simply. 5 minutes of exercise bike followed by pull ups,chin ups,sit-ups, pushups, dips and leg raises- repeat cycles for an hour. This cardio plan will help eliminate boredom by rapidly switching exercises without exhausting any group of muscles.

I plan to take Saturday and Sunday off from all exercises and I want to know if my bodyweight exercises during cardio will reduce muscle growth.

No fitness experts agree on anything, but most seem to agree that any more than 30 minutes of cardio a day will be counter-productive to gaining muscle. An hour is too much.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)