Jump to topic:

Legal drugs

NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 9:04:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I took a gram of bath salt called blow friday night and it was serious, but I was reading about it just there and it said that it causes lack of sleep, heart palpitations, panic attacks and the turning blue of the user. I take it the last part means death. I'm not exactly sure what heart palpitations are, but they don't sound good and my heart has been acting a bit odd since. Thats kinda worrying, but I get panic attacks fairly regularly anyway and it hasn't brought anything on. Even after reading this I'm still feeling fairly calm.

http://findarticles.com...

I highly recommend it.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:04:19 PM
At 12/21/2009 4:53:36 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The healthiest drugs are illegal.

Like cocaine? 'Tis very healthy, isn't it. Or are you just pulling things out of the air?

And PurpleHaze, I know you're into drugs and all that stuff, but did you ever really think sniffing bath salts would be an excellent idea? That stuff is treated with some very serious chemicals that would kill most if ingested directly.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:06:32 PM
At 12/21/2009 5:04:19 PM, Volkov wrote:

Like cocaine? 'Tis very healthy, isn't it. Or are you just pulling things out of the air?

I'm joking, but the drugs specifically made to be drugs tend to be healthier than improvised drugs.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:08:29 PM
At 12/21/2009 5:06:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I'm joking, but the drugs specifically made to be drugs tend to be healthier than improvised drugs.

Wait, you're telling me that Dust-Off computer cleaner isn't made to be a drug? But its got that long stick to put right up your nose! I mean, I know its full of dangerous, biologically-altering chemicals, but how could you go wrong!?
Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:09:41 PM
At 12/20/2009 9:04:25 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
I took a gram of bath salt called blow friday night and it was serious, but I was reading about it just there and it said that it causes lack of sleep, heart palpitations, panic attacks and the turning blue of the user. I take it the last part means death. I'm not exactly sure what heart palpitations are, but they don't sound good and my heart has been acting a bit odd since. Thats kinda worrying, but I get panic attacks fairly regularly anyway and it hasn't brought anything on. Even after reading this I'm still feeling fairly calm.

I highly recommend it.

W...T...F!
No, thank you.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:55:14 PM

And PurpleHaze, I know you're into drugs and all that stuff, but did you ever really think sniffing bath salts would be an excellent idea? That stuff is treated with some very serious chemicals that would kill most if ingested directly.

After sniffing that bath salt, I felt happier than you probably ever have. It was an excellent idea and I'v gotten myself another gram for our local christmas party.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:17:46 AM

Actually... that can be considered a true statement, insofar as there are plenty of legal drugs that are FAR more dangerous than many illegal ones (all except heroin and meth). For instance, we all know that marijuana has many medicinal purposes, and is far safer in every sense of the word than alcohol. Similarly, hallucinogens have medicinal purposes as well (shrooms are great for cluster headaches, for example, and ecstasy helps with things like PTSD amongst other disorders). Meanwhile, some of the most ADDICTING and WORST drugs are the kinds you get prescriptions for -- pain killers and other pills that people are likely to abuse, and that can have devastating results. Anyway, tomorrow I'll explain more -- going to bed for now :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:19:06 AM
And NPH - Everyone knows that I'm not completely anti-drugs, but you take it to a whole other level, man... You should probably chillax with that stuff, bro. Be careful. And be smart! Jeez.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:21:19 AM
At 12/22/2009 2:19:06 AM, theLwerd wrote:
And NPH - Everyone knows that I'm not completely anti-drugs, but you take it to a whole other level, man... You should probably chillax with that stuff, bro. Be careful. And be smart! Jeez.

Why are you still up.

Uppers much.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:28:00 AM
Oh snap... I just realized the time! Haha no, I went to bed, got busy (lulz) and that knocked the wife out but actually just kept me awake so I'm here, bored. I might go play some video games or something until I get tired and can go back to bed. And I have to wake up early tomorrow... oy.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:32:45 AM
At 12/22/2009 2:28:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Oh snap... I just realized the time! Haha no, I went to bed, got busy (lulz) and that knocked the wife out but actually just kept me awake so I'm here, bored. I might go play some video games or something until I get tired and can go back to bed. And I have to wake up early tomorrow... oy.

I may do the same, or just watch more of "Meet the Native: USA
Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:37:23 AM
At 12/21/2009 6:55:14 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:

After sniffing that bath salt, I felt happier than you probably ever have. It was an excellent idea and I'v gotten myself another gram for our local christmas party.

I feel so sorry for you that you can only achieve such joy trough the destruction of your mind. The the joy of a drunkard is like the joy of the religious; it's not real, merely an illusion. I find it curious how people wish for unearned happiness, money and love, as if those things, the effects, could give you success and self-worth, the cause. I'm the happiest person you'll ever communicate with and I don't need to get high to do it. See my blog: http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...

NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 7:38:57 AM

I know what I'm doing.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 8:31:21 AM
At 12/22/2009 7:38:57 AM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:

I know what I'm doing.

lol, turning blue doesn't sound too safe.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 11:07:30 PM

I highly recommend it.

The blueness isn't a sign of death, it's just a sign that you *might* die. It comes from a lack of oxygen to the extremities since the ehart is shunting it towards the central nervous system and itself.

From what I can see, the stuff you're snorting isn't much different from taking amphetamines or high doses of caffeine.

Except that it's probably much more dangerous and you should probably stop.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 11:55:13 PM
At 12/22/2009 3:37:23 AM, Freedomaniac wrote:

I feel so sorry for you that you can only achieve such joy trough the destruction of your mind. The the joy of a drunkard is like the joy of the religious; it's not real, merely an illusion.

That's not true at all. First of all, recreational drugs don't always "destroy your mind" if done in moderation and you're not retarded about it. Moreover, what you feel is certainly not an illusion -- there is a chemical reason causing you to have those feelings, so to say that it's a fabrication or an illusion is completely false. Even if it's temporary, so are all things - including "natural" happiness.

Anyway what I was saying in a previous post about legal drugs is that some illegal drugs are actually a lot more safe. As you can see from this picture, cocaine, heroin and meth are like the only illegal drugs that are more dangerous than legal ones; drugs like ecstasy, LSD and pot are both less addictive and less physically harmful than alcohol, tobacco and other legal prescription pills (like benzos, etc.).

http://upload.wikimedia.org...

I find it curious how people wish for unearned happiness, money and love, as if those things, the effects, could give you success and self-worth, the cause.

How so? One isn't necessarily happy because they've earned it, and similarly, I don't think you "earn" love. The only one of those things that you can really earn is money, and honestly, who doesn't want a little free money?! It in no way makes you a lesser person for wanting it or being happy with it.

As far as you being the happiest person I've ever met... I doubt it. You've obviously never done ecstasy lol. When you're rolling on E, serotonin (the chemical that makes you happy) pretty much is released like mad within your brain. So, it LITERALLY feels like falling in love, or being the happiest you've ever felt. I don't think it's physically possible for you to be as happy as you can while you're on E unless you're on it -- Reason being that it makes ALL of the serotonin you have come to the surface. As happy as you've ever been, multiply that a few times and that's what ecstasy can do to you. That said, I realize it's a "fabricated happiness" but that wasn't the point I was trying to make :)
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 11:59:23 PM
It is 100% impossible for you to be as happy in real life as you are on Ecstasy. Your body will never naturally release that much serotonin at once :) It's a godly feeling.

The same chemical reaction that takes place when you do Ecstasy takes place when you fall in love, so yes, it is natural. All of your emotions are a chemical reaction, and by doing things that make that reaction occur - you are trying to cause happiness in yourself. I don't see the difference between going to an amusement park and popping an ecstasy pill (other than the latter makes you happier ;) heheh).
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 12:00:55 AM

I highly recommend it.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone do.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 12:04:23 AM
Also, I dunno if this is true -- maybe Kleptin can help -- but I heard that when you smoke pot, you don't "lose any more brain cells" than you do when you hold your breath when you go underwater. And supposedly, the ones that you do lose are the "weaker" of the brain cells, so actually, in smoking you're fostering natural selection: survival of the fittest :p
President of DDO
Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 2:03:47 AM
At 12/22/2009 4:21:41 AM, Puck wrote:
You get annoyed easy for the happiest man alive. >.>

Haha, I'm not annoyed. I just want so bad for people to feel what I feel!

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 2:26:22 AM
At 12/22/2009 11:55:13 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/22/2009 3:37:23 AM, Freedomaniac wrote:

I feel so sorry for you that you can only achieve such joy trough the destruction of your mind. The the joy of a drunkard is like the joy of the religious; it's not real, merely an illusion.

That's not true at all. First of all, recreational drugs don't always "destroy your mind" if done in moderation and you're not retarded about it. Moreover, what you feel is certainly not an illusion -- there is a chemical reason causing you to have those feelings, so to say that it's a fabrication or an illusion is completely false. Even if it's temporary, so are all things - including "natural" happiness.

Happiness is an evolutionary product of the two great options for a living creature; to live or not to live. What brings us success and productivity and justice; everything that has any real meaning is the extension of the option of life and we developed happiness to achieve those things as evolution would have it because they keep us alive. But it's not perfect, there are loopholes, such as drugs. Drugs may make you happy but they defeat the whole purpose of happiness. You can build a functioning system around productivity and everyone can be happy but you can not make a functioning system around drugs. If drugs take over a society like they did in China with Opium, the whole system shuts-down and collapses in on itself. My whole point is we can happy through productivity or we can be happy through nonproductivity. I'm not saying drugs are bad[unless they harm your health] but I am saying there's a better way.

Anyway what I was saying in a previous post about legal drugs is that some illegal drugs are actually a lot more safe. As you can see from this picture, cocaine, heroin and meth are like the only illegal drugs that are more dangerous than legal ones; drugs like ecstasy, LSD and pot are both less addictive and less physically harmful than alcohol, tobacco and other legal prescription pills (like benzos, etc.).

I find it curious how people wish for unearned happiness, money and love, as if those things, the effects, could give you success and self-worth, the cause.

How so? One isn't necessarily happy because they've earned it, and similarly, I don't think you "earn" love. The only one of those things that you can really earn is money, and honestly, who doesn't want a little free money?! It in no way makes you a lesser person for wanting it or being happy with it.

Love is also a product of evolution. If I love someone, they are worth something to me. If someone loves me, I am worth something to them. What is this worth? One that, again, is an extension of life; productiveness. Love is to have self-worth. To have pointless love is to make love pointless.

As far as you being the happiest person I've ever met... I doubt it. You've obviously never done ecstasy lol. When you're rolling on E, serotonin (the chemical that makes you happy) pretty much is released like mad within your brain. So, it LITERALLY feels like falling in love, or being the happiest you've ever felt. I don't think it's physically possible for you to be as happy as you can while you're on E unless you're on it -- Reason being that it makes ALL of the serotonin you have come to the surface. As happy as you've ever been, multiply that a few times and that's what ecstasy can do to you. That said, I realize it's a "fabricated happiness" but that wasn't the point I was trying to make :)

Again, you can have your "fabricated happiness", it's not immoral, but I prefer getting happy while getting things done; something a system can operate on.

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 4:07:28 AM
At 12/23/2009 12:04:23 AM, theLwerd wrote:

And supposedly, the ones that you do lose are the "weaker" of the brain cells, so actually, in smoking you're fostering natural selection: survival of the fittest :p

Maybe this was said in jest so if it was sorry for being annoying, but...

No this would have absolutely 0 to do with evolution, no genetic changes, completely local to your head. The only effect it could plausibly have is to make you more or less likely to reproduce.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:22:19 AM
Also, I dunno if this is true -- maybe Kleptin can help -- but I heard that when you smoke pot, you don't "lose any more brain cells" than you do when you hold your breath when you go underwater. And supposedly, the ones that you do lose are the "weaker" of the brain cells, so actually, in smoking you're fostering natural selection: survival of the fittest :p

Bad news first. If you lose your brain cells, you lose them permanently. That's it. Brain cells don't grow back and you need every one you can get. There are no "weaker" brain cells or "stronger" brain cells.

Good news. Marijuana kills no brain cells at all.

Bad news. The memory loss has nothing to do with brain cell death. It has a very specific mechanism involving receptor sites on the brain cells on different sides of the synapses. In other words, long term marijuana use weakens the ability of brain cells to "talk" to each other. I know a lot of people smoke weed and there's nothing that will make them stop, but the studies are pretty clear on the memory loss thing. They've done quite a few long term studies in both animals and humans, low doses and high doses. Brain activity is disturbed very apparently with long term use. We even know the exact mechanism by which it occurs, down to the very biochemistry.

We've seen that mice recover from these within 5 months, we still don't know when humans do. For all we know, it might be irreversible.

Oh, and marijuana isn't dangerous in and of itself, but it exacerbates the negative symptoms of countless other drugs, underlying medical conditions, and genetic conditions. This explain's PurpleHaze's tremors, anxiety, etc. The side effects of the bath salts is being heightened y his marijuana use.

Mandatory ethical disclaimer: Don't use illegal drugs.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:39:28 AM
At 12/23/2009 10:22:19 AM, Kleptin wrote:

Bad news first. If you lose your brain cells, you lose them permanently. That's it. Brain cells don't grow back and you need every one you can get. There are no "weaker" brain cells or "stronger" brain cells.

Bad news. The memory loss has nothing to do with brain cell death. It has a very specific mechanism involving receptor sites on the brain cells on different sides of the synapses. In other words, long term marijuana use weakens the ability of brain cells to "talk" to each other. I know a lot of people smoke weed and there's nothing that will make them stop, but the studies are pretty clear on the memory loss thing. They've done quite a few long term studies in both animals and humans, low doses and high doses. Brain activity is disturbed very apparently with long term use. We even know the exact mechanism by which it occurs, down to the very biochemistry.

We've seen that mice recover from these within 5 months, we still don't know when humans do. For all we know, it might be irreversible.

Oh, and marijuana isn't dangerous in and of itself, but it exacerbates the negative symptoms of countless other drugs, underlying medical conditions, and genetic conditions. This explain's PurpleHaze's tremors, anxiety, etc. The side effects of the bath salts is being heightened y his marijuana use.

Thanks
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 3:02:01 PM
At 12/23/2009 10:22:19 AM, Kleptin wrote:

This is one of the reasons I love this site... one learns so much from reading the debates and forums. Thanks, Kleptin!
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 3:31:05 PM
At 12/23/2009 12:00:55 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

I highly recommend it.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone do.

So you'd never take something you bought in a hemp shop? Yet you go on about how great extacy is. You must not have read my post properly.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 5:49:52 PM

So you endorse using marijuana without "countless other drugs?"
Master P is the end result of capitalism.