Jump to topic:

Health care bill passed.

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 4:21:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Great gift for trial lawyers,its sad that this puts the same who destroyed the mortgage industry in charge of reforming healthcare
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 4:47:55 PM
reform: to put or change into an improved form or condition http://www.merriam-webster.com...

This is not reform.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 5:55:34 PM
Here is a link how the same people sold out the housing market,now sell of healthcare to trial lawyers

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com...
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 12:03:30 PM
President Obama is trying to do the best job, with a broken system, as possible. I feel that the current system is a mess but the President is going about it the wrong way. President Obama, in the speech, talks about doing great things such as not allowing corporations to drop someone for a precondition or Americans not being able to afford healthcare. President Obama is a great speaker and does a great job relaying a message that is not thought out properly. He gave a good speech but a series of bad theories.
What President Obama should look at is history before the Nixon administration proposed government managed care. Government's involvement in healthcare has just caused inflation. Doctors can now charge the maximum amount because they know a third party is going to pick up the bill. When that third party has to pay the maximum amount it all falls down hill to the American people. That is why every year healthcare costs go up. Government involvement has been the problem since the beginning of healthcare and allows lobbyists to ran the show. Obama brings up a great point about allowing competition in healthcare but with so much regulation it will only drive prices up.
If I were the President of the United States I would propose to get rid of government having an involvement healthcare. I would allow American to have control of there own healthcare. Preserve the doctor/patient relationship. I would have medical savings account and deductions. I would cut spending over seas and give Americans a tax credit so they can start a non-taxable medical savings account. I would introduce that patients have rights and a choice with out forcing anyone to have healthcare. If I were President, I would have a free America!
honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 2:47:12 PM
At 1/30/2010 12:03:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
If I were the President of the United States I would propose to get rid of government having an involvement healthcare. I would allow American to have control of there own healthcare. Preserve the doctor/patient relationship. I would have medical savings account and deductions. I would cut spending over seas and give Americans a tax credit so they can start a non-taxable medical savings account. I would introduce that patients have rights and a choice with out forcing anyone to have healthcare. If I were President, I would have a free America!

I cried.
am laughing out loud
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 3:18:35 PM
At 1/30/2010 12:03:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
What President Obama should look at is history before the Nixon administration proposed government managed care. Government's involvement in healthcare has just caused inflation. Doctors can now charge the maximum amount because they know a third party is going to pick up the bill. When that third party has to pay the maximum amount it all falls down hill to the American people. That is why every year healthcare costs go up. Government involvement has been the problem since the beginning of healthcare and allows lobbyists to ran the show. Obama brings up a great point about allowing competition in healthcare but with so much regulation it will only drive prices up.

An effective public option can drive prices down.

Nah, a system where the government creates a public option so that health care companies don't collapse due to the better rates of the government option but revise their prices so healthcare is affordable is prerable.

Seriously, most medication here is sold twice the RRP. I don't know how that works, considering we have the biggest pharmaceutical companies making medication over here. If the government created a scheme here they were sold on par or slightly above the RRP, then they woudl be affordable to the public.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.