Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Let's talk about the Health Column a bit...

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 11:49:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As some of you may have noticed, I've been trolling the hell out of this column. The reason I've been trolling the hell out of this column is because there is so much bad advice out there -and I want it to be explicitly clear that the internet is not the place to seek real health advice unless you're chatting with an actual medial doctor. If there is something wrong with you, a doctor is the person you need to talk to -not some weirdo on the internet who wants to talk about spammy nonsense in DDO's health forum.

Obviously, I'm 100% against individuals taking hard drugs. I am 100% against the use of heroin. I am 100% against anyone doing anything which will imminently jeopardize their health. However, I am also 100% against stupid people giving other people bad advice -because it's irresponsible. So, I mock that bad advice by suggesting the alternative of heroin. That is the reason.

-YYW

Will you chase the dragon?
Tsar of DDO
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:46:08 AM
Imagine if in your campaign against bad health advice, you trolled an ex-junkie and acted as a trigger for them to relapse again.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:47:24 AM
At 12/12/2013 10:46:08 AM, InvictusManeo wrote:
Imagine if in your campaign against bad health advice, you trolled an ex-junkie and acted as a trigger for them to relapse again.

C'est la vie.
Tsar of DDO
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:54:06 AM
Also heroin (aka diamorphine) is administered by doctors and other healthcare professionals in certain situations. So you could have been giving that person advice that their doctor would have given them anyway.

Life is funny.

I have chased the dragon; it was a pretty dragon too.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 7:05:47 PM
I wouldn't be that cynical - if the problem isn't big, it doesn't really matter anyway.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 11:50:03 PM
At 12/12/2013 7:05:47 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I wouldn't be that cynical - if the problem isn't big, it doesn't really matter anyway.

It's all about the heroin.
Tsar of DDO