Jump to topic:

Fat Burning Ab Exercises

Greematthew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 8:57:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello everyone. I am a college student, and everyone here is aware of the Freshman Fifteen. That is that the average freshman is said to gain fifteen pounds during the first semester of college. Well it hasn't hit me that hard, but I have noticeably gained at least seven to eight pounds. I don't think it's a bad diet - I think it's a lack of activity. Sitting in a chair for the majority of the day, at a computer, doing homework. Does anyone know of some good exercises to do that will help burn fat and that can be done routinely without going to the gym that will help burn off anything? I don't want to diet, that's for sure - just lose this excess wait I've gained.

And if this info helps - I'm 5'7 and a half, and I weight 156 pounds.
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 9:07:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 8:57:30 AM, Greematthew wrote:
Hello everyone. I am a college student, and everyone here is aware of the Freshman Fifteen. That is that the average freshman is said to gain fifteen pounds during the first semester of college. Well it hasn't hit me that hard, but I have noticeably gained at least seven to eight pounds. I don't think it's a bad diet - I think it's a lack of activity. Sitting in a chair for the majority of the day, at a computer, doing homework. Does anyone know of some good exercises to do that will help burn fat and that can be done routinely without going to the gym that will help burn off anything? I don't want to diet, that's for sure - just lose this excess wait I've gained.

And if this info helps - I'm 5'7 and a half, and I weight 156 pounds.

Well allow me to chime in here with some knowledge. You are on a diet, everyone has a diet, just as a snobby FYI, so saying that you don't want to diet is kind of pointless really. You will need to eat well if you want to maintain or lose weight while living a mostly sedentary lifestyle.

Now as for exercises you can do, you don't actually have to do much at all to lose weight, contrary to popular belief. What matters is the intensity. You could literally spend an hour or two a week (not a day) and it would be enough.

Do HIT (high-intensity training) weight exercises. Get a set of dumbbells. Lift weights to near atrophy twice or three times a week, for maybe 20/30 minutes at a time. Lift heavy enough so that your heart is pumping and you feel drained. Alternate between different muscle groups, so do upper body one day and lower body a few days after. That's it, really. I recommend the book 'Body by Science' because it details this much better than I can, but the point is it works. It's also great for people who lack the time and money required for a gym membership.