Jump to topic:

It choices that make you fat.

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 6:09:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/25/2014 9:52:49 PM, geoxyx wrote:

I'm sorry to say but those who claim to be fat because they can't afford healthy food, you're wrong.

Ha. Who goes to McDonalds to eat a salad? Not to mention many of the things this gentleman ate did not exist on the menu just a mere year ago.

I don't know anyone who does not believe that choice is not a factor in obesity, but if you were intellectually honest, you would also be concerned with starting to understand why obese people make poor choices.

You can't honestly believe that every person's gut flora, experience with the mechanics of hunger, and ability to control every choice they make is identical across every human.

There is a reason why some people are more prone to obesity, being thin, drinking too much alcohol, working too much, smoking, etc that extends beyond just simply making the right choice.

Ever notice how people can easily make the right "choice" when they are on a tv show contest to loose weight, but they slip into old behaviors when done.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:28:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Absolutely, but I may add that certain characteristics and physical traits do place some people at a disadvantage, which should not be equated with laziness.