Jump to topic:

he Dirty Truth About Toothpaste

ifyskblog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 12:01:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I saw this article shared by my friends on my facebook wall. This really intrigues me about this toothpaste. http://ifysk.com...

So what's your opinion about this topic?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 9:31:05 PM
I have been switching out from toothpaste, it's pretty obvious it's bad news just from the way my mouth feels when I'm done with it. The ingredients are troublesome, to say the least.

I use baking soda now about 50% of the time, and I use minute amounts of toothpaste when I do use it. Baking soda gives you the scrubbing effect you need without the bullsh!t. It tastes bad, but I've noticed that it isn't the salty baking soda that's doing it, it's the fact that I'm tasting what's on my teeth. Tasting how bad my teeth are isn't a bad thing I'm coming to find, and covering it up with pepperminty chemicals is not in my best interest. I need to know if I'm not brushing enough, and that bad taste gives me the information I need. I probably won't buy another tube of toothpaste unless I'm in some unusual scenario like camping.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2014 11:25:09 PM
At 2/10/2014 12:01:21 AM, ifyskblog wrote:
I saw this article shared by my friends on my facebook wall. This really intrigues me about this toothpaste. http://ifysk.com...

As long as my teeth are clean and there is no discernible damage then it's not a big deal to me. I'm brushing my teeth, not eating the tooth paste.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 7:02:18 AM
Use EVOO or of similar quality oil, take 2 or 3 tsp and put them into your mouth, don't swallow. Then swish it around about 15 minutes, spit it out, then use brush to cleanse your teeth.
You won't get 'em cleaner any other way, as far as I know.

Salt water should be good as well for cleansing teeth.

Chewing raw animal meat and fat is extremely good for teeth as well. Just something I noticed when I changed my diet, was kind of unexpected. I don't even cleanse my teeth every day, there's simply no need. More like once every other day or so.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 3:59:47 PM
At 2/14/2014 11:27:58 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
That's why you don't swallow tooth paste.

It still persists in your saliva, you can't disperse it in your mouth and avoid consuming it. I'm sure it absorbs into your mouth as well...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 4:01:06 PM
At 2/15/2014 7:02:18 AM, nummi wrote:
Use EVOO or of similar quality oil, take 2 or 3 tsp and put them into your mouth, don't swallow. Then swish it around about 15 minutes, spit it out, then use brush to cleanse your teeth.

Chewing raw animal meat and fat is extremely good for teeth as well. Just something I noticed when I changed my diet, was kind of unexpected. I don't even cleanse my teeth every day, there's simply no need. More like once every other day or so.

I don't believe you are being serious.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:10:09 PM
At 2/19/2014 3:59:47 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

It still persists in your saliva, you can't disperse it in your mouth and avoid consuming it. I'm sure it absorbs into your mouth as well...

Oh no call the CDC
Nolite Timere
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 5:22:14 PM
At 2/19/2014 4:01:06 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Very much serious.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 5:06:58 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:10:09 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/19/2014 3:59:47 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Oh no call the CDC

You don't call the poison control center when you smoke cigarettes, but those are shown to be harmful.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 5:08:01 PM
At 2/19/2014 5:22:14 PM, nummi wrote:

Very much serious.

OK first off I don't care how effective these things are, if at all, you need to clean your teeth more than once every 48 hours. Especially if you eat anything containing sugar or acidity.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:01:38 PM
At 2/20/2014 5:08:01 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Very much serious.

OK first off I don't care how effective these things are, if at all, you need to clean your teeth more than once every 48 hours. Especially if you eat anything containing sugar or acidity.
If you don't care about effectiveness then you don't care about your teeth. Seems rather obvious to me that you lack even basic truth about human health and as well personal experience. Also, Individuals differ.
Presently I eat on average about 40 grams of carbs a day. How much carbs does a "SAD" dieter consume? (I ask because official health "knowledge" is based on people on that kind of diet, and those people are sick.)
I know the difference of health between a version of a "SAD" diet and raw diet (emphasis on raw meats and fats). The difference is immense.
Health of your teeth depends primarily on the quality of your food and diet. Of course large amounts of sugars destroy teeth. If you have problems with your teeth then the first thing you need to address is your diet. The better your diet the less potential damage to your teeth, which translates into cleaning your teeth less as a need.
I'd say some sugar and some acidity is actually good for teeth.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 6:15:57 PM
At 2/20/2014 6:01:38 PM, nummi wrote:

Very much serious.

If you don't care about effectiveness then you don't care about your teeth. Seems rather obvious to me that you lack even basic truth about human health and as well personal experience. Also, Individuals differ.
Presently I eat on average about 40 grams of carbs a day. How much carbs does a "SAD" dieter consume? (I ask because official health "knowledge" is based on people on that kind of diet, and those people are sick.)
I know the difference of health between a version of a "SAD" diet and raw diet (emphasis on raw meats and fats). The difference is immense.
Health of your teeth depends primarily on the quality of your food and diet. Of course large amounts of sugars destroy teeth. If you have problems with your teeth then the first thing you need to address is your diet. The better your diet the less potential damage to your teeth, which translates into cleaning your teeth less as a need.

I care about effectiveness, I just know that every day my teeth get grimed-up and even if I were to give them a super-clean, it still would be less than 24 hours before the plaque built up on them again. I brush once a day which is, if anything, slightly less than actually necessary. Do you have any scientific evidence to show that oils, animal fats, etc. are good at destroying plaque? Do you not need some baking soda to provide scouring action?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:07:02 AM
At 2/20/2014 6:15:57 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/20/2014 6:01:38 PM, nummi wrote:

Very much serious.

I care about effectiveness, I just know that every day my teeth get grimed-up and even if I were to give them a super-clean, it still would be less than 24 hours before the plaque built up on them again.
That's from excess carbs. Sugars, starches, etc. Probably as well results from cooked foods in general to a lesser degree. Raw fat and raw meat don't build it like that, if at all.

I brush once a day which is, if anything, slightly less than actually necessary. Do you have any scientific evidence to show that oils, animal fats, etc. are good at destroying plaque?
Not at destroying it but at not creating it. But swishing oil around in the mouth for about 15 minutes does loosen it all up, and once you brush after it it all comes off very easily. It's not possible to get the same result with any commercial toothpastes (I used to use commercial crap, I know firsthand). Plus there's no shitty sweet taste in the mouth afterward, or any bad taste.

If it was scientifically researched and made official, they would be obligated to publish the results - areas of modern food and medicine industry would go bankrupt as a result of just this.
It is extremely easily verifiable by testing on yourself - that's how I found it out, but as a "side-effect" not the initial goal itself.
As well, what did our ancestors eat and use for hygiene thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of years ago? They did not have all these processed foods, nor these synthetic chemicals, they did not even have science.
Peoples who have been on a more carnivorous diet than others have always had healthier teeth.
A simple google search, http://www.examiner.com...

Do you not need some baking soda to provide scouring action?
After swishing oil in the mouth for about 15 minutes, no. No need.
kiryasjoelvillage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 12:29:34 AM

One of the main things that people often forget is that you should change your toothbrush after 3 months.They are lot of germs in the toothbrush which keeps getting increased as you use it everyday.
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 12:59:26 AM
At 3/3/2014 12:29:34 AM, kiryasjoelvillage wrote:

One of the main things that people often forget is that you should change your toothbrush after 3 months.They are lot of germs in the toothbrush which keeps getting increased as you use it everyday.
Completely false... If you've used it for even two months, using it for another two or however more makes no difference. If the toothbrush is not covered in slime (that much bacteria) by the end of the first month it never will be. The three month thing is made up so people would buy new toothbrushes so the companies making them would get more money.
The "germs", as you say, do not keep increasing. Fear of "germs" is as good as fear of life.
kiryasjoelvillage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 1:21:04 AM
At 2/14/2014 9:31:05 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I have been switching out from toothpaste, it's pretty obvious it's bad news just from the way my mouth feels when I'm done with it. The ingredients are troublesome, to say the least.

I use baking soda now about 50% of the time, and I use minute amounts of toothpaste when I do use it. Baking soda gives you the scrubbing effect you need without the bullsh!t. It tastes bad, but I've noticed that it isn't the salty baking soda that's doing it, it's the fact that I'm tasting what's on my teeth. Tasting how bad my teeth are isn't a bad thing I'm coming to find, and covering it up with pepperminty chemicals is not in my best interest. I need to know if I'm not brushing enough, and that bad taste gives me the information I need. I probably won't buy another tube of toothpaste unless I'm in some unusual scenario like camping.
I am shocked never thought that a toothpaste can contain such elements.One should only use those which are prescribed by the doctor.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:09:42 PM
At 2/10/2014 12:01:21 AM, ifyskblog wrote:

You know what? You should brush your teeth with heroin.
Tsar of DDO