Jump to topic:

Be careful,,,,,,

yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:51:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from

Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

[Say (O Muhammad), "I find not in that which has been inspired to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maytah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is filth, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft"Forgiving, Most Merciful.] (Al-An`am: 145)
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 4:01:13 PM
At 3/8/2014 7:51:32 AM, yeni wrote:
Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from

Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

[Say (O Muhammad), "I find not in that which has been inspired to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maytah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is filth, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft"Forgiving, Most Merciful.] (Al-An`am: 145)

Here's my problem. Every time I search Taenia Tichurasis, the majority of what I find is this exact same post. That's a problem, since my background is in microbiology, and I have access to the vast majority of published information available on whipworm and tapeworm infections. I can't even find this organism, anywhere, under any listing. The closest organisms I can find are a pork tapeworm under the name Taenia solium, which is vulnerable to cooking temperatures (http://en.wikipedia.org...), and Trichuris trichiura, a whipworm that's acquired through food and water with the eggs of these worms, and both sources can be handled by improved sanitation (http://en.wikipedia.org...).

The fat issue might be true, but I can't seem to find specifics on amounts by comparison to muscle tissue. Perhaps you have a link to that? Considering the number of reposts of this on other sites, I would say that's unlikely. The video's really not enough, not by a long shot.
yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 9:51:04 AM
yes dear brother

It's simple

Muslims do not eat pork

Feel nauseous

There is no difference between deep freezing and normal cooking.
Result is the same

This is the main reason for the prohibition of pork in the three monotheistic religions

to see pork after placing cola
See What's in your tummy O eat pork
you will feel nauseous

and pork are the sanctity of God in Islamic law,

and spoke of that Prophet Muhammad 1400 years
\\\\\\\\\\\\
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 10:09:19 AM
At 3/11/2014 9:51:04 AM, yeni wrote:
yes dear brother

It's simple

Muslims do not eat pork

Feel nauseous

Result is the same

This is the main reason for the prohibition of pork in the three monotheistic religions

you will feel nauseous

\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ah, well I figured as much. This isn't a post that has anything to do with health science at all, but rather, just your religious views on why pork shouldn't be eaten cobbled together with pseudoscience.

Much as I'm sure you won't care to respond, most organisms die quite easily from the high temperatures of cooking or the low temperatures of deep freezing. There are some that can survive it, but they're normally encapsulated in spores or protected by some other means. In every case, these organisms are single-celled, since protecting a whole tapeworm from such advanced conditions takes a lot of cellular machinery working en tandem throughout the worm. In other words, you're wrong, and no amount of religiosity or Youtube videos about your prophet will prove you right.

I will happily continue to eat pork, just as you will continue to eat things that are bad for you.

Oh, and by the way, the correct English is "nauseated." When you say "nauseous," you're referring to a term that means you make other people nauseated, and I highly doubt that's what you're going for here. If you'd sat through my microbiology classes, you'd understand why words like these won't turn my stomach.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:09:09 PM

You know what makes concerns about pork irrelevant? Heroin. I know you like to think that a fundamentalist Islamic diet is all well and good, and maybe for you it is... but there is a part of Middle Eastern culture that you really should consider as an alternative. Heroin. I think that would solve most of your problems, and even a few of the ones that you didn't even know you had. Chase the dragon. Do it.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:10:15 PM
At 3/14/2014 1:09:09 PM, YYW wrote:

You know what makes concerns about pork irrelevant? Heroin. I know you like to think that a fundamentalist Islamic diet is all well and good, and maybe for you it is... but there is a part of Middle Eastern culture that you really should consider as an alternative. Heroin. I think that would solve most of your problems, and even a few of the ones that you didn't even know you had. Chase the dragon. Do it.

Or ride the white horse. Less running.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:12:29 PM
At 3/14/2014 1:10:15 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Idk... I think heroin is probably a safer bet. Especially when injected in very high quantities. Opium would be ok too...
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:14:09 PM
At 3/14/2014 1:12:29 PM, YYW wrote:

Idk... I think heroin is probably a safer bet. Especially when injected in very high quantities. Opium would be ok too...

Umm, that's another slang term for heroin. "Riding the white horse". Did...did you not know that?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:15:06 PM
At 3/14/2014 1:14:09 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Umm, that's another slang term for heroin. "Riding the white horse". Did...did you not know that?

Nope, but I like it.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 1:17:27 PM
At 3/14/2014 1:15:06 PM, YYW wrote:

Nope, but I like it.

Heroin has really some of the best slang.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:13:56 PM
At 3/14/2014 1:17:27 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 3/14/2014 1:15:06 PM, YYW wrote:

Nope, but I like it.

Heroin has really some of the best slang.

That alone is a good enough reason for the OP to give it a try.
yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 7:21:25 AM
yes dear brothers

" Consumer Reports magazine has stirred debate about pathogens in pork by reporting a small study in which Yersinia enterocolitica was found in 69% of samples, while more common foodborne pathogens like Salmonella and Listeria were much less prevalent.

Y enterocolitica causes an intestinal illness that manifests as fever, abdominal pain, and often-bloody diarrhea, mainly in children. The illness usually goes away by itself, but it sometimes requires antibiotic treatment, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Consumer Reports, published by the nonprofit group Consumers Union, tested 198 raw pork samples, including 148 pork chops and 50 ground pork, from a number of grocery chains.

Besides finding Y enterocolitica in 69% of the samples, the investigators detected Salmonella in 4%, Staphylococcus aureus in 7%, and Listeria monocytogenes in 3%, according to the report. Also, 11% of the samples had Enterococcus species, a potential indicator of fecal contamination.

Contamination was more common in ground pork than in pork chops, the magazine said.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 9:37:20 AM
At 3/16/2014 7:21:25 AM, yeni wrote:
yes dear brothers

" Consumer Reports magazine has stirred debate about pathogens in pork by reporting a small study in which Yersinia enterocolitica was found in 69% of samples, while more common foodborne pathogens like Salmonella and Listeria were much less prevalent.

Y enterocolitica causes an intestinal illness that manifests as fever, abdominal pain, and often-bloody diarrhea, mainly in children. The illness usually goes away by itself, but it sometimes requires antibiotic treatment, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Consumer Reports, published by the nonprofit group Consumers Union, tested 198 raw pork samples, including 148 pork chops and 50 ground pork, from a number of grocery chains.

Besides finding Y enterocolitica in 69% of the samples, the investigators detected Salmonella in 4%, Staphylococcus aureus in 7%, and Listeria monocytogenes in 3%, according to the report. Also, 11% of the samples had Enterococcus species, a potential indicator of fecal contamination.

Contamination was more common in ground pork than in pork chops, the magazine said.

Well, now that you've actually posted some microorganisms that actually exist, not to mention bacteria, I can actually speak to those results. I'm not entirely sure why you decided to leave out the link, but I've found it:

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu...

I mean, there's some good stuff here that he left out. The next couple of paragraphs make it sound pretty bad:

"The report also said tests showed that some of the bacteria in the samples were resistant to one or more antibiotics. Specifically, 121 of 132 Y enterocolitica samples, 13 of 14 S aureus isolates, and 6 of 8 Salmonella isolates showed resistance to at least one antibiotic. Methicillin-resistant S aureus (MRSA) was found in one sample.

The investigators tested the organisms for resistance to amoxicillin, penicillin, tetracycline, streptomycin, and other antibiotics, depending on the type of bacteria.

"The frequent use of low-dose antibiotics in pork farming may be accelerating the growth of drug-resistant 'superbugs' that threaten human health," the magazine said.

The CDC says pigs are the most common animal reservoir for pathogenic Y enterocolitica and that infections are most commonly acquired from food, especially raw or undercooked pork. Pork chitterlings (intestines) are especially risky."

Terrifying, right? Obviously, pork is terri-

Oh, wait, what do all the rest of those words in the article say?

"But the agency agrees with the NPPC that only a few strains of Y enterocolitica are pathogenic."

Huh. So Yersinia enterocolitica is not always infectious? Well, really, how many strains can there be?

"It added that Y enterocolitica comes in more than 50 serotypes, only a few of which are pathogenic. The magazine either didn't conduct, or didn't report the results of, tests to show whether the strains it found were pathogenic, the statement said."

So it's entirely possible that none of the strains they found in these samples were pathogenic? And that, if they did find any, those numbers are likely far lower than the 69% figure cited? Interesting. Well, the disease this causes must be terrifyingly common, then, in order to warrant such fears as you've presented.

"CDC information on yersiniosis says the agency's FoodNet surveillance system suggests that the number of reported cases per year in the United States is about 1 per 100,000 people, making it much less common than illnesses caused by Salmonella and Campylobacter. For example, in 2011 the number of salmonellosis cases reported to FoodNet was 16.47 per 100,000 people, the CDC said in a July report."

Alright. So it's far less common than two foodborne illnesses found commonly in chicken and beef (http://www.fda.gov..., pg. 21). I should be more worried about being infected with Yersinia enterocolitica though, right? I mean, it's in the same genus as the Black Plague, it must be terrible.

Actually, looking at the symptoms of salmonella, it's really not worse. In fact, in many ways, it's better, since it doesn't result in much the same diarrhea and therefore doesn't cause the dehydration that threatens lives in so many third world nations. (http://www.cdc.gov...)

But hey, that antibiotic number looked terrible. Let's look at what the NPPC had to say on that:

"The council also asserted that the antibiotics the study focused on in the resistance testing "are in classes that are not considered critically important to human health" and that almost every bacterial species is resistant to some antibiotics.

The NPPC charged that the study was designed to support Consumers Union's claim that antibiotic use in food animals is the major cause of antibiotic resistance in human diseases, a claim the NPPC rejects."

Are they insinuating that Consumers Union is biased in their testing? But the study looks legit!

"In an e-mailed statement, the NPPC charged that the Consumer Reports study was "designed to scare consumers into purchasing only organic pork by using junk science against pork from conventionally raised hogs."

"The low number of samples tested (198) does not provide a nationally informative estimate of the true prevalence of the cited bacteria on meat," the council said."

Well, how far off can they be, really? I mean, yersiniosis must at least be on the rise here.

"Further, federal surveillance data show that yersiniosis cases have declined more than 50% since 1996, the council said. It added that cases are so few that the US Department of Agriculture doesn't test pork for Yersinia."

Alright. So the Consumer Reports has some faults in their study that yeni didn't deem it necessary to state or even to cite. At least they're consistent with his point that no amount of cooking will ever eliminate this terrible scourge!

"The Consumer Reports article includes safety tips for pork preparation and handling. It advises that whole pork should be cooked to 145"F and ground pork to 160"F."

Nevermind.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 1:43:24 PM
At 3/11/2014 9:51:04 AM, yeni wrote:
yes dear brother

It's simple

Muslims do not eat pork

Feel nauseous

Result is the same

you will feel nauseous

\\\\\\\\\\\\

The Jews were doing this more than 1500 years before the Muslims were.
yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 8:19:25 AM
The report also said tests showed that some of the bacteria in the samples were resistant to one or more antibiotics. Specifically, 121 of 132 Y enterocolitica samples, 13 of 14 S aureus isolates, and 6 of 8 Salmonella isolates showed resistance to at least one antibiotic. Methicillin-resistant S aureus (MRSA) was found in one sample.

The investigators tested the organisms for resistance to amoxicillin, penicillin, tetracycline, streptomycin, and other antibiotics, depending on the type of bacteria.

"The frequent use of low-dose antibiotics in pork farming may be accelerating the growth of drug-resistant 'superbugs' that threaten human health," the magazine said.

The CDC says pigs are the most common animal reservoir for pathogenic Y enterocolitica and that infections are most commonly acquired from food, especially raw or undercooked pork. Pork chitterlings (intestines) are especially risky.

===

This monotheistic religions Science

Knowledge of people in the past

Very few
And wrong

But
In Islam

Exact description without any errors

-Starting from Adam to Muhammad peace be upon him
One Message
The Oneness of Allah

Through the prophets, not of other ways

All the prophets Muslim

111. And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of Al-Hawarieen (the disciples) [of 'Iesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims."
Surah Al-Ma'idah

78. And strive hard in Allah's Cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all your efforts that His Name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islamic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islam), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrahim (Abraham) (Islamic Monotheism) . It is He (Allah) Who has named you Muslims both before and in this (the Qur'an), that the Messenger (Muhammad) may be a witness over you and you be witnesses over mankind! So perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), give Zakat and hold fast to Allah [ie have confidence in Allah, and depend upon Him in all your affairs] He is your Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.), what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.) and what an Excellent Helper!
Surah Al-Hajj

90. And We took the Children of Israel across the sea, and Fir'aun (Pharaoh) with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him, he said: "I believe that La ilaha illa (Huwa): (none has the right to be worshipped but) He, "in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)."
91. Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the Mufsidun (evil-doers, corrupts, etc.).

92. So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).

Surah Yunus
Titles different
Jewish Torah - Christian Gospel - and so on

But
Original
At the basis of faith
Islam

69)And those who strive for Us - We will surely guide them to Our ways. And indeed, Allah is with the doers of good.

Surat Al-`Ankab$3;t
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2014 9:41:57 AM
At 3/19/2014 8:19:25 AM, yeni wrote:
The report also said tests showed that some of the bacteria in the samples were resistant to one or more antibiotics. Specifically, 121 of 132 Y enterocolitica samples, 13 of 14 S aureus isolates, and 6 of 8 Salmonella isolates showed resistance to at least one antibiotic. Methicillin-resistant S aureus (MRSA) was found in one sample.

The CDC says pigs are the most common animal reservoir for pathogenic Y enterocolitica and that infections are most commonly acquired from food, especially raw or undercooked pork. Pork chitterlings (intestines) are especially risky.

...You know I responded directly to this before you even posted it, right? It was in your only source, not like it was hard to find. The rest of your points here are just religious drivel, nothing to do with health at all.
yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:54:46 AM
Try it by yourself

God willing,

Will back away from it

I always say it is important healthy food

You can get it from the health farm fresh

Stay away from the frozen food

The food also slaughtered the wrong way without the name of God

This leads to a blood clot inside the carcass (chicken or lamb and so on)

This is reflected negatively on health, such as yellowing of the face and so on

http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com...

Virtually all food with a few exceptions is halal. Halal slaughter need not raise the price of beef or other meat. Any Muslim working in a slaughter house can perform the Zabiah. The Slaughter house need only state on their label it was slaughtered Zabiah (Halal) on the meat that was slaughtered by a Muslim.

Non meat products the producer need only specify the product doesn't contain any meat or intoxicants. Honesty in labeling is all that is required for us to tell if a food is Halal. There are no recognized central Halal labelling centers. Although one can find books that identify what brands etc are Halal. Many located in print and online.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:44:34 AM
At 3/22/2014 10:54:46 AM, yeni wrote:
Try it by yourself

God willing,

Will back away from it

Virtually all food with a few exceptions is halal. Halal slaughter need not raise the price of beef or other meat. Any Muslim working in a slaughter house can perform the Zabiah. The Slaughter house need only state on their label it was slaughtered Zabiah (Halal) on the meat that was slaughtered by a Muslim.

Non meat products the producer need only specify the product doesn't contain any meat or intoxicants. Honesty in labeling is all that is required for us to tell if a food is Halal. There are no recognized central Halal labelling centers. Although one can find books that identify what brands etc are Halal. Many located in print and online.

So now we're bucking the pseudoscience altogether? Well, at least you're honest - you really had no points worth mentioning to begin with.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 12:51:36 AM
At 3/22/2014 11:44:34 AM, whiteflame wrote:
At 3/22/2014 10:54:46 AM, yeni wrote:
Try it by yourself

God willing,

Will back away from it

So now we're bucking the pseudoscience altogether? Well, at least you're honest - you really had no points worth mentioning to begin with.

It's cool. Yeni just needs to do heroin... and a lot of it.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 12:56:08 AM
At 3/25/2014 12:55:09 AM, whiteflame wrote:

Now that's just good science.

And with brilliant effects too... lol

I mean, drugs are natural selection in chemical form... and the OP needs to OD like now.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 12:59:56 AM
At 3/25/2014 12:56:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/25/2014 12:55:09 AM, whiteflame wrote:

Now that's just good science.

And with brilliant effects too... lol

I mean, drugs are natural selection in chemical form... and the OP needs to OD like now.

Couldn't agree more.
yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 9:32:54 AM
Someone told me

Consider the actual statistics, the idea behind the teaching, and what actually seems to be trying to warn against.

His real premise is that the long term effect of a poor diet is bad health and high blood pressure, correct?

Try actually following the CDC (Center for Disease Control) stats long term.

What is happening as people keep to their unhealthy diets over the course of years and decades, something sensible, lifelong daily religious practice should theoretically correct?
.. Age..........Men (%)..........Women (%)
20-34..........11.1................6.8
35-44..........25.1................19.0
45-54..........37.1................35.2
55-64..........54.0................53.3
65-74..........64.0................69.3
75-xx..........66.7................78.5
All-yy..........34.1................32.7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cdc.gov...

Looks an awful lot like the 50% claimed in his original post, doesn't it?

In fact, as the ages go up, those numbers start to trend closer to 2/3rds or even 3/4ths of the population.

50% actually starts to look conservative once you get high enough ...
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 9:40:53 AM
At 3/25/2014 9:32:54 AM, yeni wrote:
Someone told me

Consider the actual statistics, the idea behind the teaching, and what actually seems to be trying to warn against.

His real premise is that the long term effect of a poor diet is bad health and high blood pressure, correct?

Try actually following the CDC (Center for Disease Control) stats long term.

What is happening as people keep to their unhealthy diets over the course of years and decades, something sensible, lifelong daily religious practice should theoretically correct?
.. Age..........Men (%)..........Women (%)
20-34..........11.1................6.8
35-44..........25.1................19.0
45-54..........37.1................35.2
55-64..........54.0................53.3
65-74..........64.0................69.3
75-xx..........66.7................78.5
All-yy..........34.1................32.7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cdc.gov...

Looks an awful lot like the 50% claimed in his original post, doesn't it?

In fact, as the ages go up, those numbers start to trend closer to 2/3rds or even 3/4ths of the population.

50% actually starts to look conservative once you get high enough ...

Now you're just being absurd. Yes, the CDC says that hypertension is bad. People with high blood pressure are in worse shape health-wise than people without it. That doesn't support your claim. I could claim that 50% of people who eat celery get hypertension, provide that link as proof in the same way you have, and declare that my claim is now supported. Go me!

But it's not. That link says nothing about eating pork being the main cause of high blood pressure. You've essentially made a claim, declared an impact, and warranted the impact. You're still missing the link, and without it, your point is still just a claim.
yeni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:09:41 AM
The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they dont have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbours excreta.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:33:42 PM
At 3/29/2014 9:09:41 AM, yeni wrote:
The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they dont have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

So, I suppose we should just forget that ruminants often eat feces? Rodents do it all the time. The point is actually gut health, contrary to your opinion. It's meant to introduce good bacteria back into the gastrointestinal system to outcompete pathogens. Doesn't always work, but neither does our method. It's also only a problem with uncooked pork, which isn't any worse than rare beef or chicken.

In fact, you're making a lot of cases against pork that are nonunique. Worse yet, you're ignoring the brutal realities of other meat sources. Prions are terrifying - pretty much can't be killed by anything, including autoclaving. They only occur in humans, cattle and sheep, as far as I'm aware. Care to come up with something comparable?