Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Deadline to Sign-up for Health Insurance...

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 2:56:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a reminder to every American out there (and US resident) that the deadline to sign-up for health insurance and avoid the $95.00 tax penalty (or 1% of your income, whichever is larger) is March 31, 2014!

You must sign-up with either a private insurance or through an insurance policy through healthcare.gov to avoid this penalty! The penalty will also increase to $325.00 (or 2% of your income, whichever is greater) if you fail to obtain health insurance before 2015!

Accidents do happen; injuries occur; medical issues come up. Don't avoid this serious responsibility!

Sign up through either a private insurance or through https://www.healthcare.gov... to save yourself from unneeded worry!

Those already on medicare and collecting social security have no need to worry; they're covered.

If you're unemployed and will not be filing taxes in 2015, you will automatically avoid the penalty, but is it worth the risk?

For more information you can visit this website on the Affordable Heatlhcare Act:

http://obamacarefacts.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 12:56:42 AM
At 3/21/2014 2:56:37 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
This is a reminder to every American out there (and US resident) that the deadline to sign-up for health insurance and avoid the $95.00 tax penalty (or 1% of your income, whichever is larger) is March 31, 2014!

You must sign-up with either a private insurance or through an insurance policy through healthcare.gov to avoid this penalty! The penalty will also increase to $325.00 (or 2% of your income, whichever is greater) if you fail to obtain health insurance before 2015!

Accidents do happen; injuries occur; medical issues come up. Don't avoid this serious responsibility!

Sign up through either a private insurance or through https://www.healthcare.gov... to save yourself from unneeded worry!

Those already on medicare and collecting social security have no need to worry; they're covered.

If you're unemployed and will not be filing taxes in 2015, you will automatically avoid the penalty, but is it worth the risk?

For more information you can visit this website on the Affordable Heatlhcare Act:

This is a brilliant post. Thanks, Juan.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 12:00:58 AM
At 3/25/2014 12:56:42 AM, YYW wrote:

This is a brilliant post. Thanks, Juan.

No problem, YYW.

Click on the link for more information abut the Affordable Care Act!
el_em_en_oh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 3:22:51 PM

No worries for those of you that are going to miss the March 31st, 2014 deadline.

King Obama is changing the law again, to allow for late signup's (ie: extending the deadline). Even though he's got no authority to do so, it's being done.

All hail King Obama!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 12:21:07 AM
At 3/27/2014 3:22:51 PM, el_em_en_oh wrote:

No worries for those of you that are going to miss the March 31st, 2014 deadline.

King Obama is changing the law again, to allow for late signup's (ie: extending the deadline). Even though he's got no authority to do so, it's being done.

All hail King Obama!

The deadline was extended because the www.healthcare.gov/ website has been experiencing sporadic technical difficulties since it first launched. It was extended out of convenience.

That means that people who failed to sign-up for health insurance since the november launch have now been given more time to do so. Sometimes things don't always go according to plan and this inconveniences many people; we have to tolerate exceptions for these kinds of issues.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 12:24:58 AM
Well, I really don't wanna sign-up for it, my Mom keeps telling me so I'll need to get it done soon.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 12:42:38 AM
At 3/30/2014 12:24:58 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Well, I really don't wanna sign-up for it, my Mom keeps telling me so I'll need to get it done soon.

GodChoosesLife, sign-up for it whenever you get a free day . . . it's going to take at least an hour of your time. Look for a good plan you like.

When I signed-up for it took me about an hour and a half. Do it in the next month that way you get it done.

But you really should do it for your own personal health. You don't want to be unprepared and then be caught in an accident. You wont have a way to pay that back without health insurance unless your super wealthy.

I wouldn't risk it.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 12:45:51 AM
At 3/30/2014 12:42:38 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

GodChoosesLife, sign-up for it whenever you get a free day . . . it's going to take at least an hour of your time. Look for a good plan you like.

When I signed-up for it took me about an hour and a half. Do it in the next month that way you get it done.

But you really should do it for your own personal health. You don't want to be unprepared and then be caught in an accident. You wont have a way to pay that back without health insurance unless your super wealthy.

I wouldn't risk it.

I haven't had insurance since I was 18 yrs old.. And I've managed to be just fine.. Just saying... I'm stubborn when it comes to medical issues.. But I will get it done.. Thanks..
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 12:46:21 AM
At 3/30/2014 12:42:38 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

I wouldn't risk it.

Oh! And you can also do it in parts. You can save whatever you've accomplished and come back later to complete the rest!

It's not like you have to do it all at once.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 12:49:28 AM
Yeah. It's always better to be safe and sorry about these issues.

You don't want to be in the position of owing the hospital tens of thousands of dollars without a means to pay. That's not a pain you or anyone should have to live with.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 1:11:37 AM
At 3/30/2014 12:49:28 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

You don't want to be in the position of owing the hospital tens of thousands of dollars without a means to pay. That's not a pain you or anyone should have to live with.

I'm sorry to break the bad news Juan, but not enough people signed up :(
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 1:16:38 AM
At 3/30/2014 1:11:37 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Jifpop09, 6 million people have signed-up for health insurance through healthcare.gov/ or through state portals of healthcare.gov/ since the November launch. Even if only 3 million people signed-up, it would still have been a success because 3 million people without a means to pay for professional medical care now can!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 1:22:04 AM
Jifpop, ignore the naysayers out there. Some people simply want to denounce the Affordable Care Act because they want to see the world unless they get their way politically.

I would ignore these people.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 1:22:54 AM
Correction:

"Jifpop, ignore the naysayers out there. Some people simply want to denounce the Affordable Care Act because they want to see the world burn unless they get their way politically.

I would ignore these people."
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 1:23:07 AM
At 3/30/2014 1:16:38 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Jifpop09, 6 million people have signed-up for health insurance through healthcare.gov/ or through state portals of healthcare.gov/ since the November launch. Even if only 3 million people signed-up, it would still have been a success because 3 million people without a means to pay for professional medical care now can!

I guess you have a point. HAIL KING OBAMA!!!!
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 7:34:33 AM
Today - March 31, 2014 - is the last day for open enrollment on the healthcare.gov/ website. This means you want to get your foot in the door TODAY and begin signing up for Obamacare if you want health insurance and to avoid the 2014 tax penalty!

Just get you foot in the door and indicate that you were unable to sign up for health insurance through the site previously because of the technical difficulties with the website.

Get your foot in the door TODAY to avoid the tax penalty and to be included in open enrollment, if you haven't yet begun to sign-up!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:10:23 AM
Okay. I'm right.

The last day to BEGIN sign-up for open enrollment is TODAY! Start an account on healthcare.net/ TODAY - March 31, 2014!

Once you start the account, you can complete after March 31, 2014 (this is what is meant by the extension).

BUT YOU HAVE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT TODAY to sign up for open enrollment and avoid the 2014 tax penalty!

DO IT TODAY!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:26:48 AM
Sign-up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act here:

https://www.healthcare.gov...

REMEMBER: You have to create an account TODAY to be included in open enrollment and avoid the 2014 tax penalty!
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:31:32 AM
bah
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
AgnosticRadar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 11:23:28 AM
Obama was a mistake. He has destroyed this country even more will this bullcrap called Obama Care. I loathe Obama with a burning passion.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:42:18 PM
Last call to sign up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act!

You must create an account TODAY to avoid the 2014 tax penalty! DO IT IMMEDIATELY!

Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 8:04:53 PM
The hours are now winding down to open an account on the healthcare.gov/ website and obtain health insurance!

NOW is the time to open an account if you haven't done so already. It will only take twenty minutes of your time. Once you've establish your account, you can finish enrolling for a healthcare plan AFTER today's deadline - but you have to open an account RIGHT NOW!

You have approximately three hours left to do this! OPEN AN ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW!

el_em_en_oh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:58:44 PM
At 3/30/2014 1:16:38 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

6M signed up. It's yet to be seen how many will actually PAY and gain coverage.

BUT, even if all 6M pay and gain coverage, was it really worth it?

When the employer mandate kicks in next year, 25-30M will LOSE coverage (a net loss of 19-24M).

And how are we paying for this again?

Oh year, the rich. We'll just raise their taxes.

I'm not being a nay-sayer, I'd just really like to hear what a 14-16 year old kid thinks the fiscal ramifications of the ACA are, and if you think 6M gaining coverage, and 25-30M losing coverage, is a good thing or a bad thing.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:35:00 AM
For those of you that missed Monday's Obamacare deadline, you still have options to enroll for insurance and to avoid (or at least reduce) the financial penalty:

http://news.yahoo.com...

For those of you who created an account on the healthcare.gov/ website or one of the state portals, finish enrolling when you get the opportunity. Use the "save" button if you cannot finish the entire enrollment process in one day. The government is indicating that you should attempt to finish enrolling by April 15, 2014 (of this year) to avoid any issues that might come up!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:43:35 AM
For those of you who already started enrolling at healthcare.gov/ or one of the state portals and didn't finish, you have until April 15th to complete enrollment and avoid the tax penalty altogether.

Coverage will begin for you starting May 1, 2014!