Jump to topic:

Why don't all women shave?

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:58:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It turns out that a lot of women actually don't shave their pubic hair. I used to think almost all of them did. It's incredibly unattractive and I don't see any more reason to keep it than armpit hair.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 3:01:12 PM
Also, sorry if this is some 'female' issue that only misogynists have a position on.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:19:06 PM
At 3/27/2014 2:58:03 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
It turns out that a lot of women actually don't shave their pubic hair. I used to think almost all of them did. It's incredibly unattractive and I don't see any more reason to keep it than armpit hair.

It's a hell of a lot of work, itches like hell as it grows back (and scratching is not really an option), and we have a ton to shave already without adding optional things. I may not prefer it when women don't shave, but I can understand why so many don't bother. Trimming it doesn't take much work, doesn't have to be done very often to keep a smooth appearance, and never itches. Seems fair enough to expect that, at least.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:20:57 PM
Do you shave your testes?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:31:13 PM
At 3/29/2014 3:28:13 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:20:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:

who doesn't

People who wax....
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:31:38 PM
At 3/29/2014 3:31:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:28:13 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:20:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:

who doesn't

People who wax....

-.-
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:32:15 PM
Fun fact: In 40 Year Old Virgin, Steve Carrell was supposed to have his whole chest waxed, but it hurt so bad he had to stop after 2 strips. They sent him home to his wife with just the 2 strips missing.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:41:12 PM
At 3/29/2014 3:32:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Fun fact: In 40 Year Old Virgin, Steve Carrell was supposed to have his whole chest waxed, but it hurt so bad he had to stop after 2 strips. They sent him home to his wife with just the 2 strips missing.

Not that it matters to the point, but at that point in the movie he wasn't married.
Debate.org Moderator
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:48:24 PM
At 3/29/2014 3:41:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:32:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Not that it matters to the point, but at that point in the movie he wasn't married.

I think bluesteel is saying to his ACTUAL wife--as in, he was supposed to actually get entirely waxed, they shot 2 strips being done, and gave up, sending Steve Carrell home for the day with the strips missing IRL.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:51:25 PM

Shaving is primarily about aesthetics. You may shave your face, but I'd guess you don't shave your armpits, so why are women necessarily expected to?

My wife rarely shaves her armpits or legs, though she isn't particularly hirsute anyway.

There are certain practical benefits to a level of landscaping "down there", for both genders.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:52:27 PM
At 3/29/2014 3:51:25 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Shaving is primarily about aesthetics. You may shave your face, but I'd guess you don't shave your armpits, so why are women necessarily expected to?

My wife rarely shaves her armpits or legs, though she isn't particularly hirsute anyway.

There are certain practical benefits to a level of landscaping "down there", for both genders.

you worded that so politely
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:04:12 PM
At 3/29/2014 3:52:27 PM, Mikal wrote:

lol. Here's one of the benefits. At 0:42.

https://www.youtube.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:08:40 PM

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would recommend shaving your junk, leaving just your solitary Tree of Life. As the rain forest starts to grow back, just be aware of all that goes on (in grown hair suck!) and think what is it all for.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:11:02 PM
At 3/29/2014 4:04:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:

If that hair wasn't there, Stewie wouldn't have such a scare.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:11:03 PM
At 3/29/2014 4:04:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:

took the words out my mouth
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:40:17 PM

Because they're women?
emmadarcy97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 4:51:55 PM
I personally shave my pubic hair because I feel more attractive as well as clean, but I don't think women should feel that way? We shouldn't feel like were not as goodlooking if we haven't shaved. It's so much effort, I'd really rather not. And I support any women who choose not to. It hurts like anything, cuts burn like mad, it itches like crazy, it grows back in such an annoying way.
I would also like to make a point, id say at least 60% of men do not shave their pubic hair, and that's being ambitious. So it's almost bordering on sexist to say women should if men don't have to.
That is all.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 11:59:43 AM
Men are attracted to women shaved pubic hair, because of some subconscious desire to sleep with prepubescent females.

We're all subconsciously addicted to youth. It's why we love those school girl outfits, dependent women, stupid women and being fawned over.

In the 90s women even pandered to this fetish of ours by walking around with pacifiers for a bit. Anyone else remember that short lived trend?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 1:03:25 PM
At 4/25/2014 11:59:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Men are attracted to women shaved pubic hair, because of some subconscious desire to sleep with prepubescent females.

We're all subconsciously addicted to youth. It's why we love those school girl outfits, dependent women, stupid women and being fawned over.

I like a woman that is as independent as myself. Can't stand stupid women... it's my biggest pet peeve. I also place importance on genetics, I've broken up with several women after meeting their parents (some had dead-beat dads, some had serious genetic health issues, and one girls parents were swingers).

In the 90s women even pandered to this fetish of ours by walking around with pacifiers for a bit. Anyone else remember that short lived trend?

I was born in 89, I think I might have missed this by just a few years. Although in college when I went to raves I can assure you the fetish is still alive. Pacifiers all over the place.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 1:06:25 PM
At 4/25/2014 1:03:25 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I like a woman that is as independent as myself. Can't stand stupid women... it's my biggest pet peeve. I also place importance on genetics, I've broken up with several women after meeting their parents (some had dead-beat dads, some had serious genetic health issues, and one girls parents were swingers).

I was born in 89, I think I might have missed this by just a few years. Although in college when I went to raves I can assure you the fetish is still alive. Pacifiers all over the place.

I place importance on genetics too. My fianc" had some brain damage at some point, but both sides of her family seem intelligent, physically fit and wealthy.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 1:14:56 PM
At 4/25/2014 1:06:25 PM, Wylted wrote:

I place importance on genetics too. My fianc" had some brain damage at some point, but both sides of her family seem intelligent, physically fit and wealthy.

Yea, see that's a good family then. I've yet to find one that I would deem suitable. I was taught that certain genetics skip a generation and that usually my son (not-yet existing) would gain the dominant genes from my wife's father. So I always pay close attention to my girlfriends' fathers.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 1:21:00 PM
At 4/25/2014 1:14:56 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/25/2014 1:06:25 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yea, see that's a good family then. I've yet to find one that I would deem suitable. I was taught that certain genetics skip a generation and that usually my son (not-yet existing) would gain the dominant genes from my wife's father. So I always pay close attention to my girlfriends' fathers.

Oh crap. He was the anomaly in the family. Very bright guy but an alcoholic.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2014 11:29:43 PM

Do you really think that women should shave their pubic hair because you find it unattractive? I mean, why should they care? You can always choose to remain celibate if the sight of pubic-hair tends to turn you off. Many see it as nature's lingerie. I know that many woman find a man with facial hair to be very unattractive and uncouth in appearance, but others love it. I say we should all stop worrying about other people's tastes and focus on filling our own.
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:16:00 AM

Because they have the right to not shave. Although I agree with you that it's gross, you people have the right to not give into gender expectations.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
socratits
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:21:25 PM

So you're saying all men are pedophiles at heart?
socratits
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:23:04 PM

Well aren't you selfish.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:24:50 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:21:25 PM, socratits wrote:

Yes, but it's subconscious. Look at how they market to men. Lollipops, pigtails, school girl outfits, shaved vaginas, etc.

They do everything they can to make grown women look like little girls.
socratits
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:32:14 PM
At 5/11/2014 2:24:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/11/2014 2:21:25 PM, socratits wrote:

Yes, but it's subconscious. Look at how they market to men. Lollipops, pigtails, school girl outfits, shaved vaginas, etc.

They do everything they can to make grown women look like little girls.

I think that you are getting confused with the term prepubescent with young.