Jump to topic:

sex addict???

brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:13:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
typical question that have been on my mind is being a sex addict bad fo your health
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:33:09 PM
Yes and no. It depends on how it manifests itself.

If it causes you to sleep around with a bunch of people then you increase your likelihood of contracting STDs (especially if you are not using protection). STDs can certainly be unhealthy. It is also possible that you could cause psychological damage on yourself somewhere down the line - but that is anything but certain.

If you are monogamous about your "sex addiction" then it should be fine - unless you have a partner with less of a libido.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 5:41:27 PM
Being addicted to anything is bad for your mental health. As JBlake said, sex addiction can be physically dangerous insofar as STDs and STIs. A friend of mine recently had a one night stand and wound up getting a bladder infection from it... not really sure how, but I know it was related lol. It's also important to note that sometimes people don't have sex addictions - sometimes they're just horny / slutty / immature. It's important to see a doctor and find out. Ask them, not us :)
President of DDO
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 5:45:26 PM
At 2/3/2010 5:41:27 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Being addicted to anything is bad for your mental health. As JBlake said, sex addiction can be physically dangerous insofar as STDs and STIs. A friend of mine recently had a one night stand and wound up getting a bladder infection from it... not really sure how, but I know it was related lol. It's also important to note that sometimes people don't have sex addictions - sometimes they're just horny / slutty / immature. It's important to see a doctor and find out. Ask them, not us :)

mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm.
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 6:15:28 PM
At 2/3/2010 6:12:08 PM, Koopin wrote:
This is obviously a failed attempt to get attention from the guys on DDO....

I completely encourage these attempts. I enjoy the hate replies.
Felicia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 6:41:57 PM
At 1/29/2010 6:13:40 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
typical question that have been on my mind is being a sex addict bad fo your health

only if your bad at it.....
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 5:46:09 AM
At 2/3/2010 6:41:57 PM, Felicia wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily relate skill level to the health effects of sex.
bkelley211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 7:43:37 AM

This cracked me up!

You have to be pretty bad to hurt yourself. Let's see...falling out of bed, falling down stairs, bumping heads, landing on furniture wrong, or the worst--slipping out and breaking it.

Though if you're good, you could end up with rug burn, scratch marks, etc.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 7:47:44 AM
At 2/4/2010 7:43:37 AM, bkelley211 wrote:

This cracked me up!

You have to be pretty bad to hurt yourself. Let's see...falling out of bed, falling down stairs, bumping heads, landing on furniture wrong, or the worst--slipping out and breaking it.

Worst case scenario if male: You cry

Best case scenario if male: She cries
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 11:21:20 AM

Actually, I've sustained sex related injuries and I'm definitely not bad lol. You're not taking into account drunk sex and clumsy people. I got kicked in the face once on accident >.<

True...
President of DDO
bkelley211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 2:14:38 PM
At 2/4/2010 11:21:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Actually, I've sustained sex related injuries and I'm definitely not bad lol. You're not taking into account drunk sex and clumsy people.

Good point. There have been times where I felt pain the next day and had to think about what I had done the night before. Why does my jaw hurt so much?

I got kicked in the face once on accident >.<

Reminds me of 40-yr-old Virgin...sucking on toes...whack!!

True...