Jump to topic:

New diagnostic tool.

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:25:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Interesting, though I can see this becoming a mainstay in the developed world first.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:34:12 PM
Its cheap production would make it a viable third world candidate as well I would have thought. At least when aid agencies discover it.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:36:19 PM
At 2/6/2010 4:34:12 PM, Puck wrote:
Its cheap production would make it a viable third world candidate as well I would have thought. At least when aid agencies discover it.

Yeah, but big health industries will probably produce them like mad and buy the rights.

It will be useful for the third world no doubt, but the first world will end up with the first look in.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 4:38:32 PM
At 2/6/2010 4:36:19 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Yeah, but big health industries will probably produce them like mad and buy the rights.

It will be useful for the third world no doubt, but the first world will end up with the first look in.

Maybe. A patent would stop that idea quickly, if the creator was so inclined.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2010 11:03:37 PM
At 2/6/2010 4:36:19 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

depends-

hospitals would no doubt prefer the more expensive tests since i doubt test volume would increase significantly upon the introduction of the new tests. insurance companies would obviously prefer the opposite. and i think individuals would be leery of something so deceptively simple looking- maybe wouldn't trust it. it was created for use in the third world, and i think will likely be implemented there first, but i can see at least free clinics adapting this method in the developed world, and maybe it spreading from there throughout the population eventually.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:26:27 AM

Fantastic, then maybe it can deployed in the U.S. We have a health care system ranked among third-world nations, after all!