Jump to topic:

Thoughts of Running Away?

TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:02:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am not being abused. Nor am I a spoiled brat.

But my parents, no matter how much they love me, never listen to me even if it hits them between the eyes.

It's like they suspect that I'm just an autistic like everyone else just because I'm autistic.

I didn't want to be socially inept. But they judge my situation without letting me explain, which I've done constantly.

I am NOT like other teens. If you heard me out, you would be shocked with how smart I am in life.

Do not suspect all teens no nothing.

Wisdom comes more with attitude than age. Do you really think age automatically makes you wise? No. Look at the 21 year olds getting drunk all the time.

I do not want to run away. I really don't.

But I really need advice!!!!

I don't want to hurt my family and friends but I don't know what else to do! I'm treated like a small child because of my autism and I f***ing hate it.
BasicLogic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:06:09 PM
Be less shy and be loud . If they treat you like a little kid, do something a teen would do or something. Is don't know. The best plan is probably to talk with the,
TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:08:03 PM
At 5/9/2014 8:02:16 PM, TheINFJofINFJS wrote:

But my parents, no matter how much they love me, never listen to me even if it hits them between the eyes.

It's like they suspect that I'm just an autistic like everyone else just because I'm autistic.

I didn't want to be socially inept. But they judge my situation without letting me explain, which I've done constantly.

I am NOT like other teens. If you heard me out, you would be shocked with how smart I am in life.

Wisdom comes more with attitude than age. Do you really think age automatically makes you wise? No. Look at the 21 year olds getting drunk all the time.

I don't want to hurt my family and friends but I don't know what else to do! I'm treated like a small child because of my autism and I f***ing hate it.

Sorry. KNOW nothing. Don't judge me! It was just a mistake!

By socially inept, it's because I'm depressed. Not cutting myself or thinking if suicide depressed, but so unhappy depressed, that I'm not involved and don't act like the true me at all. And my parents won't listen at all
TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 8:10:13 PM
At 5/9/2014 8:08:03 PM, TheINFJofINFJS wrote:

Sorry. KNOW nothing. Don't judge me! It was just a mistake!

By socially inept, it's because I'm depressed. Not cutting myself or thinking if suicide depressed, but so unhappy depressed, that I'm not involved and don't act like the true me at all. And my parents won't listen at all

And I DO have a plan if I decide I will! I am thought it out VERY carefully!!!!!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 10:28:55 PM

So... you run away. Then what? What's the goal, there? What endgame are you working towards? How does running away get you there?
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 8:05:26 PM
Consult a mental health professional. People without the expertise can advise you, but a person with authority on the matter will almost always be more convincing and helpful.

You likely won't solve your problem by running away, whatever you mean by that. If you cannot tolerate your parents, be patient for a while and plan a way to move out in the near future. There's nothing wrong with wanting this. Being on your own can be very good.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 7:59:24 PM

|
\/

like if you lol every time
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 8:00:20 PM

Talk to your parents about it. Seriously, tell them to stop treating you like you're dumb and start treating you like who you are.
Nolite Timere
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2014 6:38:56 PM

Talk to them about it. Tell them to hear you out. Maybe go to your grandma's or friends if youre planning to do that
Food is life, brah
http://www.debate.org...
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2014 5:20:12 AM

Try to understand that you parents are probably just busy people. They love you, and would be so sad if you ran away. :-(
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
Zendayalover156
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 2:35:25 PM
Don't be afraid to be loud when you talk to your parents. If they still don't listen ask your teacher or your councilor at school
Xoxo Zendayalover156
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 8:24:13 PM

First, wisdom comes from experience, not age or attitude.
Second, have you ever considered that your explanations are heard, but they are either not convincing or not relevant?
Third, do you know it is because of your autism, and not other factors? For example, your parents just being bull-headed.
Fourth, what does running away solve? How does that show them they are wrong about whatever it is you are arguing about?
My work here is, finally, done.
Themba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 8:53:10 PM

Don't run away. it will just make things worse. Trust me on this, your parents just wanted the best for you. I would consult with a counselor for additional help. Make sure u can trust him/her because spewing secrets to one is unnecessary. Often it never comes to fruition. Work together and be honest with your parents. if they still wouldn't listen, then consult professional help.
Shadow-Dragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 9:20:17 PM
Do not run away. It is not an effective solution and you will be better off staying at home. Talk to your parent and tell them how you fell, tell them that you are smarter than they think. Talk to someone about your feelings. Be happy :)
Cin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 11:36:51 PM
At 5/17/2014 9:20:17 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
Do not run away. It is not an effective solution and you will be better off staying at home. Talk to your parent and tell them how you fell, tell them that you are smarter than they think. Talk to someone about your feelings. Be happy :)

Yeah really, it'll be a mistake :c
Food is life, brah
TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 10:49:32 AM
Ok, so I thought things over, and a new idea popped up:

I wouldn't run away as in "forever."

My parents think I can't take care of myself on my own.

After school ends, I can back all of my essentials: food, water, clothes, money, defense, hairbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap-you get my point-and back it all in my backpack- and stay in a far, popular city in my state for at the maximum of a month, then return home before my birthday. That way, I can prove to them I can, and I'll feel better from all the depression I've been feeling because of my reputation. I will bring my phone to send them texts and e-mails telling them I'm ok, but not where I am, as I will be turning off the location services on my device.

Where will I go, you ask? I found a homeless/runaway shelter I can drop in to. Yes, they will most likely try and question, but I'm a very good liar. No, I don't regularly do it. I only lie once in a blue moon, and when I do, it's when I have to. If I don't lie about this, I'm screwed.

Well, my parents say that if they died, I couldn't take care of myself, so I will lie to the workers at the shelter and say they are dead. You may say, "They won't believe you," but I'm not just going to lie.

I'm going to delete my family's phone numbers to make them believe that. It's ok, I know them by heart, so I don't need my phone to remember them. I have my debit card, but this is primarily just for my plane ticket to the different city/town in my state.

I have enough money in my wallet, so if they cancel it (which I honestly believe there is a small chance they would, because they care very much about money, and they want me to be safe, even if I'm on the run), I don't have to use it.

I would rather use it, but only in emergencies where I don't have enough in my wallet.

I have a two knifes, one small, one medium sized, and a soap sprayer (they hurt just as much as pepper spray would, so I don't think I necessarily need pepper spray) in case if someone tries to attack me (it says on the website for TSA that you must let them know before you go through security, or else you can't bring them.

Here's my proof:

http://www.tsa.gov...

Well, that's my plan.

I'm not like those other runaways who don't have a plan, therefore they are not smart enough to escape successfully.

I would NEVER turn to drugs, prostitution, or anything else like that.

No, I will not get into the car of the first person that offers me a ride to the airport.

All I am asking really, is do you think I would be too hard on my parents if I left for a month as a test to prove I can be responsible?
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 5:57:48 PM
At 5/30/2014 10:49:32 AM, TheINFJofINFJS wrote:

After school ends, I can back all of my essentials: food, water, clothes, money, defense, hairbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap-you get my point-and back it all in my backpack- and stay in a far, popular city in my state for at the maximum of a month, then return home before my birthday. That way, I can prove to them I can, and I'll feel better from all the depression I've been feeling because of my reputation. I will bring my phone to send them texts and e-mails telling them I'm ok, but not where I am, as I will be turning off the location services on my device.

Where will I go, you ask? I found a homeless/runaway shelter I can drop in to. Yes, they will most likely try and question, but I'm a very good liar. No, I don't regularly do it. I only lie once in a blue moon, and when I do, it's when I have to. If I don't lie about this, I'm screwed.

Well, my parents say that if they died, I couldn't take care of myself, so I will lie to the workers at the shelter and say they are dead. You may say, "They won't believe you," but I'm not just going to lie.

I'm going to delete my family's phone numbers to make them believe that. It's ok, I know them by heart, so I don't need my phone to remember them. I have my debit card, but this is primarily just for my plane ticket to the different city/town in my state.

I have enough money in my wallet, so if they cancel it (which I honestly believe there is a small chance they would, because they care very much about money, and they want me to be safe, even if I'm on the run), I don't have to use it.

I would rather use it, but only in emergencies where I don't have enough in my wallet.

I have a two knifes, one small, one medium sized, and a soap sprayer (they hurt just as much as pepper spray would, so I don't think I necessarily need pepper spray) in case if someone tries to attack me (it says on the website for TSA that you must let them know before you go through security, or else you can't bring them.

Here's my proof:

Well, that's my plan.

I'm not like those other runaways who don't have a plan, therefore they are not smart enough to escape successfully.

No, I will not get into the car of the first person that offers me a ride to the airport.

All I am asking really, is do you think I would be too hard on my parents if I left for a month as a test to prove I can be responsible?

There are several other issues:
1. The police will likely issue posters which contain your picture. Any adult who recognized you could turn you in.
2. How would you get to the airport? If you walked alongside the road the police would pull over and ask you who you are and where you live. If you hitchhiked:
A. You could get kidnapped by whoever let you in their car
B. They could turn you over to the police
C. Even if none of the above two options came to pass, such a person could get in trouble with the law for helping you run away. They'd be an accessory to you running away.

Anyway, to continue...

3. To purchase $10.00 worth of food and water every day for a month would cost $300.00.
4. If you got bit by a snake or severely injured yourself and you managed to get to a hospital, they'd come get your parents there. That is, if you got help in time.
5. Debit card money comes from a bank account, if I'm not mistaken. There's only so much money in a bank account.
6. If you're a girl, you'd quite possibly be raped, or kidnapped and turned into a sex slave.
7. Despite whether you are male or female you'd likely be mugged for the items in your backpack and whatever money you have.

And the list goes on and on.
My View of the World:

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 7:51:07 PM
At 6/1/2014 5:57:48 PM, Crescendo wrote:

Here's my proof:

Well, that's my plan.

1. The police will likely issue posters which contain your picture. Any adult who recognized you could turn you in.
2. How would you get to the airport? If you walked alongside the road the police would pull over and ask you who you are and where you live. If you hitchhiked:
C. Even if none of the above two options came to pass, such a person could get in trouble with the law for helping you run away. They'd be an accessory to you running away.

Anyway, to continue...

3. To purchase $10.00 worth of food and water every day for a month would cost $300.00.
4. If you got bit by a snake or severely injured yourself and you managed to get to a hospital, they'd come get your parents there. That is, if you got help in time.
5. Debit card money comes from a bank account, if I'm not mistaken. There's only so much money in a bank account.
6. If you're a girl, you'd quite possibly be raped, or kidnapped and turned into a sex slave.
7. Despite whether you are male or female you'd likely be mugged for the items in your backpack and whatever money you have.

1. I am very much aware of that. I have planned to dye my hair and disguise myself with make up.

2. yes i am aware I can get raped or kidnapped if I hitchhike. But this does not always happen. Where I live, the crime rate is really low, and refuse to be picked up by anyone by a woman. And I CLEARLY said I brought weapons. I know how to use them.

3. I am aware of that. I know how to spend money. "I have over $1,400," I said.

4. That may happen, and it may not. I will expect it to come. But I am not stupid enough to step on a snake, or jump off buildings, or drive without a seatbelt. I have never once injured myself. Ever.

5.I KNOW the difference between a debit card and credit card. I knew that all along.

6. I know that if I'm a girl, there's a bigger chance I will get used for sex. That is why I refuse to go home with someone I don't know, or get hitchhiked by a guy, or get drunk, or any other stupid thing like that. I know that if a guy is too friendly, that's bad.

ANY FEMALE, whether if they are a little girl, a teenager, or a woman, can get raped. Age does not matter. Do not suspect that women are fine just because they are 18 and over.

Stop with the stereotypes that all teenagers are naive. You don't even know me. I don't know any of you people, so how could I make an opinion of you when I don't know you?

7. People could stop wearing backpacks if so many people with them got mugged. They are not.

You don't see school kids not wearing backpacks because they are afraid of getting robbed?

Or woman not wearing purses for the same thing?

Or you don't see some women not wearing provocative clothes in fear they will get raped?

I did want to bring a suitcase, but in fear of waking up my parents in the middle of the night by doing so (it's in the garage, which is 10 feet away from their room), I decided not to.

I know what I am doing. I will not run out of money. I will lose a lot, but I will not run out. I will not let people use me for sex. I will not do drugs. I will not be naive and believe everything I hear. I will not do whatever you think all teenagers do.

I am just a rarity.

I thank you all very much for your sensible advice, but I am fine on the topic of that matter. All I am asking is if I am being harsh with my parents for leaving home for ONLY a month or less because they expect me to look after myself but believe I don't, so I wanted to prove to them I can?

I do not want to be too hard with my parents, no matter how much I can't stand them sometimes.
TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 7:52:24 PM
At 6/1/2014 7:51:07 PM, TheINFJofINFJS wrote:

Here's my proof:

Well, that's my plan.

Anyway, to continue...

1. I am very much aware of that. I have planned to dye my hair and disguise myself with make up.

2. yes i am aware I can get raped or kidnapped if I hitchhike. But this does not always happen. Where I live, the crime rate is really low, and refuse to be picked up by anyone by a woman. And I CLEARLY said I brought weapons. I know how to use them.

4. That may happen, and it may not. I will expect it to come. But I am not stupid enough to step on a snake, or jump off buildings, or drive without a seatbelt. I have never once injured myself. Ever.

5.I KNOW the difference between a debit card and credit card. I knew that all along.

6. I know that if I'm a girl, there's a bigger chance I will get used for sex. That is why I refuse to go home with someone I don't know, or get hitchhiked by a guy, or get drunk, or any other stupid thing like that. I know that if a guy is too friendly, that's bad.

ANY FEMALE, whether if they are a little girl, a teenager, or a woman, can get raped. Age does not matter. Do not suspect that women are fine just because they are 18 and over.

Stop with the stereotypes that all teenagers are naive. You don't even know me. I don't know any of you people, so how could I make an opinion of you when I don't know you?

7. People could stop wearing backpacks if so many people with them got mugged. They are not.

You don't see school kids not wearing backpacks because they are afraid of getting robbed?

Or you don't see some women not wearing provocative clothes in fear they will get raped?

I did want to bring a suitcase, but in fear of waking up my parents in the middle of the night by doing so (it's in the garage, which is 10 feet away from their room), I decided not to.

I know what I am doing. I will not run out of money. I will lose a lot, but I will not run out. I will not let people use me for sex. I will not do drugs. I will not be naive and believe everything I hear. I will not do whatever you think all teenagers do.

I am just a rarity.

I thank you all very much for your sensible advice, but I am fine on the topic of that matter. All I am asking is if I am being harsh with my parents for leaving home for ONLY a month or less because they expect me to look after myself but believe I don't, so I wanted to prove to them I can?

I do not want to be too hard with my parents, no matter how much I can't stand them sometimes.

Sorry I meant to say "I don't want to be picked up by anyone else BUT a woman." I swear I accidentally type the wrong letter all the time. It's so annoying.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:27:14 PM
At 6/1/2014 7:51:07 PM, TheINFJofINFJS wrote:

Here's my proof:

Well, that's my plan.

Anyway, to continue...

They are few, but there is the occasional woman rapist. Anyhow, if you're taken by surprise or attacked by multiple people there won't be much you can do.

Plane tickets are expensive. Also, an unaccompanied minor walking about the airport will be sure to draw the attention of the police.

You are relying on the assumption that your parents will let you spend their bank account money.

I did not imply that women over 18 were safe. However, it stands to reason that a minor would be more susceptible.

Then how will you carry all your supplies? Other than your cash, I mean.

I am just a rarity.

How do you know that your parents won't read this thread of yours?

Forgive me if I sounded condescending. I am also under 18 (at the time that I'm writing this), so I have little reason to think of teenagers as dumb.
What I'm trying to say is that there will be factors which you did not take into consideration. Few things in the real world are as simple as they seem.
My View of the World:

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
TheINFJofINFJS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 8:42:18 PM
I DID consider all of those.

First of all, the money I may use is from MY OWN ACCOUNT. Not from my parents'.

Second, they do not even know I have a DDO account. So they won't know it's me, and I can deactivate my account.

Third, did you not click on the link below that gave proof that a 15 year old can go on a plane without parental consent?

Besides, lots of teenagers (not all) get away with underage acts all the time. Sometimes they get caught, sometimes they don't. We shouldn't expect them to get caught every time.

And the acts of drugs, sex, smoking, tattoos, and alcohol are not one of those underage acts.